A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
PRINCESIDHU007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Post by PRINCESIDHU007 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:27 am

:agree:
drlizard wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:44 pm
UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:35 am
It's about 5L and 3L for G21 and G44 respectively, it's still over priced which was not expected. Even considering Indian market conditions 1.5 to 2L would be more reasonable I think.
Yes. I couldn't agree more.

They're not supercar engines or MRI machines.. they're just pistols. The current prices are not justified, considering the material, labour and manufacturing costs that is required to build a pistol.

It should be a lakh or 1.5 lakhs at the most !!! And even that's too high, considering costs of manufacturing.

Eventually the hype AND the prices will go down I hope.
This is just nuts.
A polymer pistol at nearly 4 - 5 lakhs.

:lol:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:49 am

mundaire wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:09 pm
Glock India has been curbed from selling in India I hear, as they are "made in India" but not proof tested here - which is a legal requirement for any firearm made in India.

Caveat emptor
The Glock that CMT is selling are not made in India. Glock are only made at two places. Austria and USA. Austrian made have ‘Austria’ written and USA made have ‘USA’ written on the left side of the slide.

The pistols available in India have ‘Austria’ written on them which makes it clear that these are made there. They also have CIP proof marks and original Glock serial no’s
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:33 am

May be, it's one of the excuses/reasons for the price.

However, it also looks like that the pice of iof pistols and the scenario of overall India's firearms culture further goaded these guys
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

drlizard
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by drlizard » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:16 pm

Mr.Shome wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:33 am
May be, it's one of the excuses/reasons for the price.

However, it also looks like that the pice of iof pistols and the scenario of overall India's firearms culture further goaded these guys
Yes. The current - and unfair - scenario as far as Indian firearms cost is concerned, is a major reason why Made in India Glocks and even Webleys are weirdly overpriced.

It is a seller's market and unscrupulous dealers and unscrupulous practices have rotten this market to the core, affecting even future arms prices.

Ye log to pay karenge he is the attitude. A Glock is a relatively cheap, mass produced, but reliable firearm. It's like the Maruti of guns. Everyone has one.
Or two.

Yet, even after being built in India, it'll cost lakhs of rupees. Ye log to pay karenge hi..

It's not Glock's fault. It's our current market scenario and the govt which will extract everything it can in the name of taxes and "Make in India".

A handgun that should cost 1 lakh or less, will sell legally at (I'm guessing) 2-4 lakhs.

Well, badhiya hai.
What can we do?
Shut up and pay.

That's what we'll do.

But I will not shut up...I will call a spade a spade and scream from the rooftops that it is highway robbery.

And place an order for the latest overpriced shiney new Glock, just like you.
:P :lol:
Cheers!!!
"Kill time before time kills you"
- Dr Ankur Baruah

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:02 am

AAH.... The good doctor saved me from a heart attack with these heart-warming words and tenacious spirit. Jokes aside, looks like it would take many lifetimes before I get that crappy plastic shiney piece.

To quote Vineet's succinct take:

Approach
Approach
Approach

Blast away Man. Will enjoy from the sidelines😊
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Rakshith
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Rakshith » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:34 am

i love glocks too!

Shadmohammed
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Shadmohammed » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:40 pm

any update when actual delivery to customers will start

SSD
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by SSD » Wed May 03, 2023 11:29 pm

Hi, regarding Glock sold by J Biswas & company & CMT I got attached pictures of a letter apparently from MHA to DCP, Kolkata. Note that I can't vouch for the authenticity of this letter as someone shared it with me on social media. As per the letter, Glock pistols are not proof tested here in India and hence not approved for sale as per MHA guidelines. The last line of the letter also mentions "If necessary, the firearms already sold may be retrieved and deposited in the State Armoury."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Thu May 04, 2023 1:38 pm

Only way to remedy overpriced Indian handguns is the Japanese way of boycott. When a certain item becomes unreasonably expensive the the Japanese just stop buying it unanimously till the prices drop to a reasonable level. This they apply to all eatables and fruits as well besides other items.

Marksman.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri May 05, 2023 1:28 am

One might well wonder if the people happiest with a boycott wouldn't be the ones who are trying to take all of the guns away in the first place?

My observation has been that these sorts are always happy with any action or event that lessens the number of guns in civilian ownership, whether it is one at a time or thousands at a time.

Getting the best gun available that meets one's needs, even if "best" is applied questionably to any specific firearm, has a lot to say for it, in my opinion.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

PRINCESIDHU007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PRINCESIDHU007 » Sun May 07, 2023 11:01 am

Any update regarding Glock pistol ?????

HKASHYAP
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by HKASHYAP » Sun May 07, 2023 4:57 pm

Please update the quality of Indian made Glock pistols…. And please let me know About the price of the products and availability of .45 ammunition…. I am new here and trying to learn …. Willing to acquire a handgun for concealed carry for self defence… 🙏