what weapons do the police and other govt orgs have

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: what wepaons do the police and other govt orgs have

Post by jonahpach » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:29 pm

duh huh..

Mizoram police have some grenade launchers, 3-inch? mortars, 9mm semi automatic berettas..

jonah

hello cc, great to be back eh? am waiting for your post on the north east IFG dawgs
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:32 pm

CC,

That is a great post my friend.very informative and detailed.Thanks for your time and effort. :cheers:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:46 pm

jonahpach";p="57838 wrote: hello cc, great to be back eh? am waiting for your post on the north east IFG dawgs
Hey Jo...you write it yaar... you seem to have a better flair for things like that :mrgreen:
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:47 pm

Vikram";p="57839 wrote:CC,

That is a great post my friend.very informative and detailed.Thanks for your time and effort. :cheers:

Best-
Vikram
Hi Vikram... I'm an AK evangelist... :mrgreen:
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:56 pm

jonahpach";p="57838 wrote:duh huh..

Mizoram police have some grenade launchers, 3-inch? mortars, 9mm semi automatic berettas..

jonah
O ya jonah's post jogged my rusty memory...(Thanks)

Other odd balls in standard police service are:

1. 2" Mortar- WWII vintage.... as to what a policeman would like to use a mortar for is somewhat unclear :)
2. 3" Mortar is uncommon and I've seen them in use only with the Para Military forces like the BSF.
3. Tear Gas Gun- Apart from the current IOF one, the older ones are US made - I cant seem to recall the model no... Federal Laboratories Model 201 or something like that.
4. Lee Enfield .303 GF (Grenade Firing) rifle- Presumably these grenade launching cups could be adapted to IOF .303s and 7.62mm 2A rifles as well.
5. SLR GF - An equivalent of the above for the SLR.
6. Very-Light Pistol- Regular WWII British issue

Jonah, those berettas would be non-standard... Inherited from the MNF I suppose? ;)

Oh and yes... not to forget a sprinkling of Uzi's in a couple of police forces. I saw the Andhra Pradesh CMs PSO brandishing a Micro-Uzi!
Last edited by cottage cheese on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Great post CC. A real education reading it. Thanks.
Ashok

The British L1A1 SLR was part of an emergency airlift after the Chinese invasion. The IOF claimed their copy had nothing to do with the original. They got sued by FN and lost the case and so ended up paying royalty without getting any technology or assistance :shock:

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:17 pm

lazybones";p="57843 wrote:Great post CC. A real education reading it. Thanks.
Ashok

The British L1A1 SLR was part of an emergency airlift after the Chinese invasion. The IOF claimed their copy had nothing to do with the original. They got sued by FN and lost the case and so ended up paying royalty without getting any technology or assistance :shock:
Hi Ashok,

Well... the Chinese thing in 1962 really shook the complacency out of the babu riddled establishment. Our troops were armed with standard British WWII weaponry.... the Chinese marched in with AKs!

I didn't know about FNs 'interest' in our SLR - thanks for that one :)

Post 1962, we seem to have indulged in some 'creative' shopping- I believe the SFF was raised with the China factor in mind. Likewise, in order to assume deniability in the unusual activities of the SFF, small lots of M16's, AKs and perhaps G3's were procured. Not much is known of this... or at least I don't :)

and dang' I forgot... India also imported several thousand Czech Vz58 and 58P assault rifles for the Army. Nice guns.

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:18 pm

Excellent write up CC :) very informative.never knew the police used mortars :roll: i had seen the uzi with chandrababu naidus security personnel.i think they are not using them anymore.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:38 am

indian";p="57854 wrote:Excellent write up CC :) very informative.never knew the police used mortars :roll: i had seen the uzi with chandrababu naidus security personnel.i think they are not using them anymore.
Well Indian,

the Police uses Smoke, Illumination flare and High Explosive shells for their 2" mortars. In fact quite surprisingly they've been used in anger a couple of times as well. None more bizzare than when Assam Police and Nagaland Police went to war over a disputed border at Merapani in 1985!!! It was splendid little bush war- mortar exchanges.... front lines, shoot ups, I was pretty young then so I don't remember much other than tall stories circulating among us Nagas :)... I do recall the total casualty count for both sides came close to 80. The NAP battalion in the thick of it at that time was the 7th NAP Bn. which comprised mostly of ex-guerrillas who were trained in China.... :)

As for the Micro Uzis... I suppose they realized it was just a waste of money. I think 'micros' are silly ideas that were juiced up by hollywood. If I remember right, the importer/supplier for Uzi's was a Delhi firm not known for being too clean. They were peddling Uzi's (Standard model) for Rs.74,000 each when the much better MP5 was available from more principled suppliers for Rs.48,000 each. Apparently money spoke the loudest in some states ;)

amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

What kind of firearm Delhi Policemen do use?

Post by amit_sharma86 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi to all IFG members. I am Amit . I just want to know the firearm (Revolver / Pistol) used by the Delhi Police men. Do they use Revolver? Do they use IOF made pistol?
Looking for your reply guys.
Thank you all.

Kshatriya
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Kshatriya » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Its been a long time since I visited the forum, grt to be back! Lot of catching up to do!
To answer the question 9mm IOFs, Glocks, 38 Rev (not sure about brand, though) is my take.
Whay say!, members!
U.S Army Rifle Cal .30 M1917 Remington Bolt Action
Cal 32 ACP IOF Pistol

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Kshatriya";p="58293 wrote: Its been a long time since I visited the forum, grt to be back! Lot of catching up to do!
To answer the question 9mm IOFs, Glocks, 38 Rev (not sure about brand, though) is my take.
Whay say!, members!
The revolvers are Sturm Rugers, I am not sure if they are the service six or something else. They also use the .303 rifles plus anything else the armoury offers.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:15 pm

dev";p="58320 wrote:
Kshatriya";p="58293 wrote: Its been a long time since I visited the forum, grt to be back! Lot of catching up to do!
Whay say!, members!
The revolvers are Sturm Rugers, I am not sure if they are the service six or something else. They also use the .303 rifles plus anything else the armoury offers.

Dev
Yep Dev,

The Sturm Rugers are Service Six.

regards,
cc

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 am

how bout a handful of 38 rev ammo for a glock? and go out, curse and try to stuff magazine, actually get a few in, get mistake pointed out by colleague, stare in disbelief, unload and go back into armoury for pistol ammo?
Yup, 38S&W in Ruger, Colt, S&W , H&K P7, the grip squeeze cocker and lately, the glock 17
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: What kind of firearm Delhi Policemen do use?

Post by indian » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:36 am

38 rev ammo in glock 17 :cry: its better to give them handguns and rifles chambered for same caliber and save thir lives and ofcourse,the bystanders too :)