IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
ravineet
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by ravineet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Where in Delhi? I read in this forum that the retailers in Delhi are not selling ammo to licences issued outside delhi. Is it true ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
psm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by psm » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Dear Sanjay,
From where one can get @38. Please suggest some places.
PSM

He may be cut apart piece by piece, but he never leaves the field of battle.

indigo_indo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by indigo_indo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:52 pm

psm wrote:Dear Sanjay,
From where one can get @38. Please suggest some places.
In punjab .32 ammunition less than inr 50 ;no way ... the mariage season on and all the ammunition goen the skyrocketing in punjab....
If you want peace ; you have to be prepared for war.....

carbine
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by carbine » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:01 pm

is there any differance between revolver made by Small arms factory & field gun factory.which is better to buy

axe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by axe » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:42 pm

carbine wrote:is there any differance between revolver made by Small arms factory & field gun factory.which is better to buy
no difference expect for mark iii written on fgk revolver. which is not written on saf revolver.
call them and find out where wating period is less.
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:05 pm

@carbine:

As well stated by @axe, there is no technical difference between SAF and FGF 0.32 revolvers apart from mk III written on FGF. I guess SAF front sight is a small notch type blade as in Webley MK IV, where as FGF has this elongated front blade.

Waiting period in SAF is approx 3 months and FGF tells 2 months, whereas I find the response from FGF more prompt over telephone whereas SAF ....you dont get the right person over phone ever.....

Hope this helps....Gurus...please correct if my observation on the front sight is correct with respect to the 2011 models.

aaroraa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by aaroraa » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:38 pm

hi

harishrbc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by harishrbc » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:07 pm

whats the procedure to apply all india or adding the state in arm license.

plz help

thanks!

rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 pm

:cpix: CONGRATS PRAN80JI.

Nice pictures & revolber..
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

kanishkrajpal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kanishkrajpal » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Finally got the delivery of the .32 IOF revolver on 12th Dec 2011 from FGF Kanpur after a wait of almost 2 months.I was the first one to be in line for the delivery as i reached the factory gate at 8:30 sharp in the morning with all the required documents.It took almost 2hr 45 mins to get the complete procedure done for the delivery. I just fail to understand for waht reason the factory people take almost 3 hrs to prepare the bill and complete the delivery process as i was closely following the complete process, its just a data entry job in the system and generation of the print of the bill. We were almost 25 people inline that day to get the delivery in pre lunch session. I was provided with a cleaning kit, a manual, one holster with a sling and a fibre carry-case along with the weapon. Upon the delivery i performed a quick check on my revolver(Trigger functioning, hammer position and barrel condition), also the serial number, licence number and my name in my invoice which is of utter most importance. The revolver was not in a very good condition as there were small patches of dust and was ill-lubricated. It took me almost one and a half hour to clean and oil it properly. There was lot of carbon deposition inside the barrel and ammo cylinder. My advise would be to oil and clean the revolver properly first when u get the delivery of it. After the deliver i went to the Meston Road in Kanpur to purchase ammo and other accessories. I spend almost INR 2500 for 10 shots, 1 good quality sling, 2 leather holsters, gun oil and rust remover spray. INR 95 was the cost of the single piece ammo in Kanpur which i found to be resonable compared to delhi and other states. Will post the pics soon.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi kanishkrajpal,

Congrats for your revolver. Safe shooting.
Do post pics of the revolver both side and break opening the barrel. Get the timing checked before firing.

Cheers ....

kanishkrajpal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kanishkrajpal » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks Buddy,

I will be posting the pics soon. Can you pls elaborate more on the timing check thing. I am a bit new to this world the reason being this is my first weapon.

Cheers
K

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:14 pm

By "timing" it is meant that the bore of revolving cylinder lines up perfectly with the bore of barrel and then the hammer strikes to fire the cartridge. If they are misaligned and the cartridge is fired, it may damage the revolver or cause serious injury to the user.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

kanishkrajpal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kanishkrajpal » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks for the info, I have a question here-How exactly can we check the alignment of the cylinder bore with the barrel before firing it for the first time. One cannot merely identify the exact position of the cylinder bore just looking from outside when it is locked. Although in my case it seems alright, but a small deviation even in mm can cause much of a damage to the weapon. Hope i am making sense here.

ribaalber
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ribaalber » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Not sure why the finish of the IOF pistol on Wikipedia looks better than any I have seen.
Is this photoshoped? Or custom finished? Or is it the Paint :-)

Any thoughts.

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms .... disarm only
those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....."
- Thomas Jefferson

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general.
~Mark Rippetoe