IOF .22 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:42 am

Me tooooo....
I think TC can put some light over it ,,as his uncle is on a High post in IOF ishapur......
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

For Advertising mail webmaster
vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:55 pm

hi guys this may be a bit off topic but igenerally clean the wax off the kf .22 cartridges to avoid them gettin stuck in the chamber ,it works pretty well.
keep the ammo out in the sun for abou 2 hours and then rub the wax off the cartridges!!!
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: High Velocity Hollow Point Ammo for IOF .22 Revolver ???

Post by art_collector » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:05 pm

22 KF ammo in a IOF revolver....do u want to butcher ur revolver.
Do u know every dealer who buys IOF 22 revolvers from Ishapore has to give an undertaking that " no 22 KF rounds will be fired and only Eley rounds will be used"Now where would those rounds come no one knows as import of 22 ammunition is not allowed under the import policy.

AC

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:23 am

Exactly,Kf ammo are really very very bad for the IOF revolver,I have tried several kind of tricks for better ejection but nothing worked.the only option is Load single round and eject it after firing.
other way was after firing all the round spray wd40 from the other side of the cylinder.then it becomes easier for ejecting them.It is not because of Wax,that the shell sticks in the chamber,but because of less thickness of the shell(soft metal).
The metal of Imported Ammo is more harder that is why is does not expand to much .I have fired 50-60 shots (elley Ammo)in a series,but found no problem like cracking or bursting.
art_collector";p="16681 wrote: 22 KF ammo in a IOF revolver....do u want to butcher ur revolver.
Do u know every dealer who buys IOF 22 revolvers from Ishapore has to give an undertaking that " no 22 KF rounds will be fired and only Eley rounds will be used"Now where would those rounds come no one knows as import of 22 ammunition is not allowed under the import policy.

AC
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: High Velocity Hollow Point Ammo for IOF .22 Revolver ???

Post by cooldude » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:35 am

Guys. I still have not understood what you all are trying to say so please enlighten me. Are you talking about Revolver or Pistol because where is the problem of ejection in a revolver when the load has nothing to do with the barrel but everything to do with the cylinder hence where is the question of loading a single bullet ? If it is Pistol then I can understand the problem of ejection with regard to KF rounds because it happens in Semi- Auto .22 LR also. The reason for that is that there is very subtle difference in the thickness of the KF casings which is enough to cause problems in Semi-Auto weapons whether Pistol or LR. Infact they cause problem while loading the cylinder in Revolvers also as some of the bullets just won't fit.

Cheers.

Arindam
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:03 pm

Well Arindam i am not talking about the thickness of rim or entire casing,,but the thikness of metal(gauge of casing).because it is thin & softer than Imported ammo,so it expands and sticks in the cylinder.So if all 8 shots are fired it needs lot of effort to push the shells out in comparison to 1-2 shells.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:58 am

TC any news regarding its lounch?

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF to launch new .22 revolver

Post by TC » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:20 pm

Badshah, no news so far....Indian Babudom !!!

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IOF to launch new .22 revolver

Post by art_collector » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:46 pm

Hi ,
There is no news for bringing a new 22 revolver. Only new product to be launched soon is a 30-06 rifle.

AC

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:13 am

AC ,till when we can expect .30-06?????Any solid news regarding its lounch??????

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:50 pm

What is the update, has the all steel version been launched yet ?

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:02 am

From all this it is evident that IOF make a very low quality .22 revolver shich is unsuitable for civilian use for there is a serious threat of accidents and injury.

The least requirement is that it should be able to take the pressure generated by Lapua, Eley or Remington and Similar 40 grain .22 LR rounds, supersonic or subsonic.

Many people fire hp rounds in .22 revolvers. For the bullet no problem, but this horror story of the chamber cracking, what to do with IOF ? Salute them or remain silent. Oh God.

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Price of .22 Handgun

Post by Lawman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:06 pm

What is the price of a secondhand .22 bore revolver or pistol ? Beause for import restriction, we can purchase only IOF .22 revolver as new.

What price the dealers generally quote for a secondhand .22 bore handgun ?

Lawman

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

New IOF .22 Revolver (?)

Post by Lawman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:00 am

Hi,

I have decided to purchase a .22 handgun. Here the only option is IOF .22 Revolver. I have already gone through various topics regarding IOF .22 Revolver in this forum. All are waiting for the new all steel version of IOF .22 Revolver from Ishapore. I visited OFB India website and gunaccessory.com. I found two different pictures of IOF .22 Revolver. Gunaccessory.com shows the old revolver but the OFB site shows the new revolver with a steel cylinder (seems to be) and few cartridges of steel casing (probably high velocity foreign cartridge) which is a definitely no-no for the IOF .22 Revolver as I knew from this forum. So, is it the long awaited IOF .22 Revolver from Ishapore with steel cylinder which can fire high velocity foreign cartridges ?

Please see the picture and comment on the same and I also expect the valuable comments of the members/gurus of this forum regarding my decision over the purchase of .22 handgun.

Lawman

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:00 pm

http://ofbindia.gov.in/index.php?wh=Spo ... #subclass0

second hand will be little higher, as waiting period is nil.. pure economics.. supply & Demand.
klick klack..... diskaon