Perks of the job!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Perks of the job!

Post by eljefe » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:53 pm

Hi All,
Got around to handling a Glock in my ER a few days ago, courtesy Noida Police-The PI was well informed and had loaded 10 hardball.He was convinced of its accuracy and handling, having done a range test.
Enjoy
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Perks of the job!

Post by Pran » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:33 pm

Jefe,
What's a 10 hardball?
btw, did you get to shoot it?
pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:59 pm

LOL.

I just love that pic. Nice one, Asif!

You should enlarge it, frame it and then keep one behind the payment counter and the other outside your apartment. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:01 pm

Pran";p="10387 wrote:Jefe,
What's a 10 hardball?
pran
10 rounds of fully jacketed bullets.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="10400 wrote:
Pran";p="10387 wrote:Jefe,
What's a 10 hardball?
pran
10 rounds of fully jacketed bullets.
wokay
Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:22 pm

10?? Is this a restricted capacity magazine... or is this a larger (than the standard 9mm) calibre?

Cool stuff Asif... If your buddy in the police invites you to the range, don't forget to invite the "other members" of the "Delhi mafia" along! ;) :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:20 pm

Abhijeet,
Either he has the situation in control with 10 rounds of 9mm FMJ or its taken away and used on him I guess :twisted:
The mag was standard 16 round-had numbered indicator holes at the back to show the rounds in it.
Sure, I will take the delhi chapter of the mafia along-Have already asked him to take us at the earliest chance-on the pain of an enema if denied-hope they get enough ammo to take us out!
Mack The Knife-This might be a bit of a 'soft' snap ? a better one would be of me in my scrubs, pointing the gun at the lens? no beware of dogs sign required-might as well give a couple of blow ups to Dev. :evil:
The snap was taken by the policeman-excuse the fuzzy lack of detail.I'll take more pics when he comes again-this time with the camera.
Pran -No chance mate, just a request to see and take snaps , which the PI obliged.
Axx

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:36 pm

Inder, post that picture of the "Beware" sign we saw on our hunting trip. There was a sign that said something like "Never mind the Dog, Beware of WIFE".

BTW, Asif bhai, The G-Lock looks good on you. When taking the "action" picture with scrubs, maybe you can have them bloody with scalpels and such stuck in the belt. I have 5 17 round mags for my G-Lock and 2 34 rounders too. ;)

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:47 pm

If your buddy in the police invites you to the range, don't forget to invite the "other members" of the "Delhi mafia" along!
Sure, I will take the delhi chapter of the mafia along-Have already asked him to take us at the earliest chance
AHEM!!! <nudge, nudge> :roll:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:49 pm

Mack The Knife-This might be a bit of a 'soft' snap ?
On the contrary. It has a very cool and confident 007 poise to it - come and get it buster....if you can. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:54 pm

"Never mind the Dog, Beware of WIFE".
I know someone here with a door mat like that. Looked high and low but haven't found one yet. ;)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:00 pm

eljefe";p="10414 wrote:Either he has the situation in control with 10 rounds of 9mm FMJ or its taken away and used on him I guess :twisted:
Makes sense :) whatever I have heard/ read - all points to 2-3 "pops" before it's all over (everyone feel free to add more here - it's always an interesting deabte)... high capacity mags are a sweet thing to have though... :mrgreen:
Have already asked him to take us at the earliest chance-on the pain of an enema if denied
:lol: :lol: Glad you are on our side! ;) LOL

Cheers!
Abhijeet

P.S. - If the punishment is consistent, I have a few "patients" I'd like to send to you... :mrgreen:

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:01 pm

The chap was in a hurry to collect a wound cert for another GSW victim, so this was the best I could do-had to remove the mag and check it my self- he gave it to me muzzle first! then the hand back ceremony was another chinese fire drill-him pointing and checking the barrel and inserting the mag and me jumping at many times the speed of light to stay out of his arc, and look unruffled.NOt easy being a an IFG mod ;)
There was another incident where i was doing an emergency procedure-putting in a chest tube on a young guy who had a sudden lung collapse , i looked down at his waist and saw 2 BLOODY handguns- a 32 KF revolver and a 32 KF pistol-think I posted about that? Licenced , yes.Midway in cutting his chest , had to take em out,shove them in my waistband and complete the job.
Sharief-whats your add? damn 5x17 and 34s too? I've been wasting my hard earned money on broadway and times square ;) heat up the harees -I'm on my way!

Mack The Knife-stop nudging so hard-you are in the queue-as banglore telephones says it so succintly!
P'raps the word is 'insouciance'?

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:05 pm

Chief,
you send any one you feel who needs an enema, and I'll have it done as an emergency procedure...;);)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:16 pm

eljefe";p="10428 wrote:you send any one you feel who needs an enema, and I'll have it done as an emergency procedure...;);)
You "tha man"!! :mrgreen: :lol: I'm sitting down now to draw a "list"... ;) LOL

www.gunowners.in