Need help in choosing a pistol.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Frankenstein
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Need help in choosing a pistol.

Post by Frankenstein » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi folks,im extremely sorry,i got confused,actually its a .25 not .22.
I have not yet taken a pic,but ill copy paste from google which looks exactly like mine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bhawani shukla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bhawani shukla » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:25 am

hey can anyone tell me which is the best pistol available in the world if u can get a pb lisence?Can we import a Smith&Wesson 500 Magnum Revolver to india in the pb bore?Can we get assault rifels also?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:04 am

hey can anyone tell me which is the best pistol available in the world if u can get a pb lisence?
First PB license does not mean firearm with better ballistics(please refer http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 75#p111475). Best for what purpose? For SD? My preference all 3 below are NPB:
1).357 Magnum(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.357_Magnum) Reasons: High energy, flat trajectory, high velocity, extreme accuracy, high firepower and deep penetration.
2) SIG Sauer P226(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P229) in .357 SIG. Reasons: High energy, flat trajectory, high velocity, extreme accuracy, high firepower and deep penetration, concealable handgun.
3) FN Five-seven(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven) Reasons: Practically all the reasons of .357 SIG plus magazine capacity of 20 to 30 rounds!
Can we import a Smith&Wesson 500 Magnum Revolver to india in the pb bore?
Certainly you can import, if you can impart common sense to MHA babus and our Home Minister to firearms removed from restricted items of EXIM policy. Smith&Wesson 500 Magnum Revolver is NPB.
Can we get assault rifels also?
If you get NPB license for rifle. :D But why bother about need of a damned license? MHA says "Keep your Arms..." to Maoists. So if Arms Act is not applicable to Maoists why should we bother? Please read http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10859
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:36 am

Kennedy was shot with a 6.5 Caracano.

The old .22 pistols that you find in India are prone to jamming.At least the .25 ACP feeds more reliably.

At 33 feet the .25 ACP bullet would be probably going sideways.Also it is going to be difficult to prove that you fired in self defence.

I will take the IOF .32 pistol over either a .22 or a .25 pistol.

Other options in India .30 Tok,.30 Mauser, .38 special,.38 Auto,.38 Super and .450 revolver.But for the first two getting ammo for the rest is a big headache.

carbine
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by carbine » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:22 am

This is CZ MODEL 1945 (.25ACP) PISTOL.My grandfather (retd.I.A.S) used to haveone.he recently sold it for 1.5 lakh.this is one of the best .25 acp pistol available in market

Frankenstein
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Frankenstein » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Thank you every one.

So its a 1945 model .

Winne ,.450 ,is it not prohibited.

If not which is got better stopping power ,a .44magnum or the .450.

How much are the above acp revolvers available here in India,and do the also come with a short barrell ,something below 2 inches.

Frankenstein
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Frankenstein » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 pm

I got Hertenberger catridges today.They costed 75rs each..

I also bought a blanka air pistol for rs 2500rs to practice. I could easily hit the target from 30 feet distance.

Guys how much can i give for a Smith & wesson .357 magnum in good condition???

vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:51 pm

my advice would be to keep away from the IOF .22 revolver and Ashani pistol,if you can help it!
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."