astra .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

astra .32 pistol

Post by cherian.k.k » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:27 am

hello all
i just want to show to you when my friend fired a indian .32 round in his astra,it got stuck in front of the barrel.
cherian.k.k

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:32 am

Regret to see that nice pistol..do you have any more specifics.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: astra .32 pistol

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:48 am

:shock: :roll: :o

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:32 am

Tsk Tsk..

Looks like a bad case of poor Cartridge powderitis.. But I dont know how the IOF .32 slug could get stuck that way! With barely 2mm stuck in the barrel, it must be pure luck. (bad).

One way of solving poor cartridge performance is to bask them out in the sun for at least an hour before shooting.

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:21 pm

jonahpach";p="14886 wrote:Tsk Tsk..

Looks like a bad case of poor Cartridge powderitis.. But I dont know how the IOF .32 slug could get stuck that way! With barely 2mm stuck in the barrel, it must be pure luck. (bad).

One way of solving poor cartridge performance is to bask them out in the sun for at least an hour before shooting.

Jonah
Best solution is dont use KF shots !!

I usually sun any new KF ammo I get and nailpolish the primers...

Boy there was a time(now too) I dreamt of importing an HK P7K3 in .32... seeing what KF ammo is capable of even in the nicest of guns, I think I'll reserve the abuse for the IOF .32 instead :)

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:10 pm

cotton chese,
can u plz explain in details how to nail polish the primer????because i am bit confused..
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:35 pm

badshah0522";p="14917 wrote:cotton chese,
can u plz explain in details how to nail polish the primer????because i am bit confused..
Simple.... paint the nailpolish over the primer area to give it a small measure of weather proofing. Thats it.

WARNING: Be sure you buy your own nail polish. Dont use your wifes/GF's/sisters/moms nail polish unless you are looking for a bad day. Color is your preference. Dont go for the costly branded/designer goop waste of time and money.

Also try to use NP as is- in its thick state, thinned NP will carry a significant amount of acetone which I'm told duds your primer.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:21 am

Primer u mean the P Cap??Are KF ammo so bad that the moisture can enter from the gap in Pcap??
Is this ur theory or u are following it after seeing it on IOF .12bore amo?because there is a big difference in .12 ammo case & .32 ammo shell.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:44 pm

Cherian,

I have the same pistol.OT but i am looking for a spare mag for it.Does your friend know of anybody who has one.

penpusher

cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:14 pm

penpusher singh
i will let you know in 2 days .
cherian.k.k

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:48 pm

penpusher";p="14975 wrote:Cherian,

I have the same pistol.OT but i am looking for a spare mag for it.Does your friend know of anybody who has one.

penpusher
Hi penpusher, my brother in law has the same weapon too. Though I never liked the 'water-pistol' look of the Astra, it is one well made handgun. I'm mentioning this coz he'd picked up a spare magazine some time back from a smith. I'll check out with him and see if he happens to have more. It was a chrome/nickle(?)plated magazine. He's out of the country presently so l'll have to wait till he gets back.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:56 pm

badshah0522";p="14949 wrote:Primer u mean the P Cap??Are KF ammo so bad that the moisture can enter from the gap in Pcap??
Is this ur theory or u are following it after seeing it on IOF .12bore amo?because there is a big difference in .12 ammo case & .32 ammo shell.
Yup primer cap. Never really said the gap was big enough to let moisture in but it's just a habit that I developed. It may not help one bit but again every little bit of protection counts....anyway. Since I see most imported ammo with some kind of lacquering around the primer cap and the case mouth thought it'd be a good idea to follow suit :)