UAE buys the patents that went into the Steyr MA-1 and more

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)

For Advertising mail webmaster
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: UAE buys the patents that went into the Steyr MA-1 and m

Post by jonahpach » Fri May 25, 2007 10:46 pm

looks really juicy mehul..

I see it has inherited something from the Glock! or maybe vice versa, On the other hand our beloved O.F.B. goes and does a blatant copy of the browning 9mm without any licence and gets away with it!

Wonder which one of them would turn out to be the wiser?

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat May 26, 2007 1:12 am

Jonah,

The trigger is a Glock derivative, but the rest is an improved MA-1, which is also a very nice pistol. No idea how these are as far as the quality is concerned but I am sure that they would be really good as the UAE royals are all keen shooters and they know what goes into a good gun.

I have no idea when they would be sold in the US but pistols from Jordan are sold here already, so it could not take very long, I am sure. They also claim a highly automated manufacturing process to keep prices really low - the MA-1 is sold in stores for under $ 400 and this should cost a similar amount, I think, though I could be wrong, of course.

Let's see - yes, I do wish, like you do, that the IOFB would have had the sense to do something like this. Sadly, they don't. And therein lies a tragedy for Indians...

Edmond
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Edmond » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:11 pm

If you want to know more about Caracal pistol http://caracal-arms.info/