COLT 1911, .45 opinion.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: COLT 1911, .45 opinion.

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Amit357 wrote: I would disagree,38 Sp NPB Delhi,357 Mag PB Mumbai,45 NPB Pune & Mumbai,C.S just be careful,there hardly any undoctered 45s in Punjab,the dealers have learn t how to Parkerise US properties,stamping US PROPERTY is hardly any issue with our enterprising GUN DEALERS
Do you have anything to substantiate the text you typed ? Or just typing for the heck of it ?
If a .45 ACP chambered firearm is NPB is Pune & Mumbai , what about it's status in other cities of Maharastra and the country for that matter ?
In a way , you are stating the law is different for different citizens in the same country ?
Would love to hear more about your theory .
Skyman wrote:I had asked a similar question and the value was 2-2.5 if i recall.If it is immaculate maybe more.
2-2.5 what ? Hundred ? Thousand ? Lakhs ? Crores ?
An imported .32 ACP chambered handgun transfers ownership for 3.5 lakhs to 7.5 lakhs . So you can count the 2.5 lahks out of the equation when you are talking about the price of a .45 ACP handgun , that too of a Colt 1911 .
Skyman wrote:Lot of people have .45 ACP as NPB in Mumbai.
So a lot of people , assuming they are civilians , in the metropolis of Mumbai legally own a Prohibited Bore firearm .
Do you happen to know any of them ? Just wondering ...

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

For Advertising mail webmaster
Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Dear F-N,plz travel the country to see the difference of law all over,reading your posts it seems that your knowledge about firearms and then pricing of the same is pretty limited,do you know that any rifle/shotgun which fires/can fire Semi-Auto is P.B,plz do a survey in your own home town regarding the people possessing Semi-Autos 22 & 12 Bore shotguns on N.P.B,Licenses,D.C.P MUMBAI used to give permissions to N.P.Bore License Holders to purchase 45s,if your knowledge on the entire matter is limited plz go to various L.As to upgrade yourself regarding the whole process,it seems you have a Habit of quoting from other posts and then try to impress the members here about your vast knowledge,believe me all you are just proving you ignorance.Your avtar should be IGNORANCE IS A BLISS & I AM BLISSFUL.

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Dear Amit Ji,

First of all , I don't need to run around the length and breadth of the country to know that the laws regarding firearms are same through out the country . That's because the Arms Act , 1962 is enacted and implemented by the Central Government and NOT the State Governments of individual states . So the Arms Act , 1962 and all it's provisions are same for all the citizens of the country . Because if it isn't same , it would contradict and violate the Fundamental Right of the citizen , which is Right to Equality before the law . And no Act , Government order , Court order can trample the Fundamental Rights of the citizens . If it does , it's illegal . Prove me wrong .

Secondly , the firearms which can chamber .45 rimless cartridges are classified in Category (I)c of the Arms Act 1962 , and the Licensing Authority of such firearms is Ministry of Home Affairs and not some state government official . Feel free to refer the Schedule 1 & 2 of Arms Act . Prove me wrong again .

So , my question is , can you substantiate your claims by providing any Government Orders / Court Orders / Sections of Arms Act or any another Act , or are you just typing to increase your post count on this forum ?

Third , since most L.A. cannot differentiate between a .38 Special & .380 ACP or a .357 Sig & .357 Mag , don't advise me to go to them to upgrade my knowledge .

Finally , it humors me to see that someone who is confused between what an Avatar is and what a Signature is , advising me what my Signature should be . ROTFL .

So AmitJi , I am looking forward to how you substantiate your claim that a.45 ACP is NPB , for the civilians in Mumbai & Pune . And please try to stay on the topic this time .

F-N-Five-Seven

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:13 pm

Plz file a RTI with Mumbai DCP Arms or try contacting some members from Mumbai who will inform you regarding the same,i did not comment on your signature for the simple reason that there were only 3 people { Whom i have heard about who were right all the time before you} ,Hilter/ Mussolini & Emperor Tojo,guess you would know what they were right about all the time.
As far as it goes for P Bs & N.P.Bs plz do a lil more research on the same or maybe if you are very well informed plz ans the following 308 Winchester is N.P.Bore, 7.62 x 51 is P.B 5.56 is P.B .223 is N.P, :deadhorse: ,by seeing your Avtar i was misinformed that you would were Knowledgeable,but reading your SIGNATURE,my impression about you stands corrected.Best Amit.
P.S Posting fancy photo's on your Avtar might give you the impression that you are very Knowledgeable,but your SIGNATURE gives it all away.Do PM some members from Mumbai and find out about the 45 ACP,i am sure you will stand corrected.THE LA GUYS ARE THE ONES YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THE TIME,its their knowledge which really matters.
PPS;i dont think there are any points/prizes for increasing the no of posts,except "Brownie Points",but i guess thats what really matter to people who are never wrong,this forum is just there to share info,but then "MORE THE MERRIER",i very honestly dont have time otherwise would have filed an RTI with DCP Mumbai to get you all the information.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:04 pm

As of today .45 ACP continues to be categorised as what are commonly referred to as PB calibres, this is as per the Arms Rules 1962 and this would be applicable throughout the Union of India as the subject of arms is a central subject. If any licensing authority is entering PB calibres on a NPB license they are breaking the law, however the liability of the officials is fairly limited as they are protected under the Arms Act itself that exempts them from any penal action, so long as whatever they did was in "good faith". YOU on the other hand stand to at the very LEAST have your expensive firearm confiscated and your license cancelled pending investigations.

For many years now I've been hearing that .45 ACP will be removed from the PB list as it is obsolete. However, this has not been done so far. In fact the .455 Webley is obsolete in the forces as well, but in stead of removing it from the list and auctioning off/ issuing the surplus firearms they are in the process of destroying them - some of which are fairly collectible pieces (including some really sweet Fosbery revolvers). The .410 musket is obsolete as well, however there in no change in its status either... a pity, but such is the wisdom of our ruling elite. :evil:
perfectionist1 wrote: 45 is a good choice, can prove to be a wrist breaker.
Have you shot a 1911 in .45 ACP? It's actually quite a pleasant pistol to shoot, not a wrist breaker by any stretch of the imagination.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:08 pm

AND just for the RECORD - 5.56 AND .223 are BOTH currently NPB calibres. In fact there has been no amendment to the list of PB calibres in DECADES! On the other hand .308 Win & 7.62x51 would be BOTH PB as the rule is clear on the fact that if it can chamber and fire PB ammunition then it is a PB firearm. Therefore, while not explicitly mentioned 9mm Largo would also be a PB pistol as it can chamber and fire 9mm para/ 9x19 ammo. What gets entered on licenses by ignorant clerks has no bearing on what is correct as per law.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Dear AmitJi

I mentioned that a .45 ACP is a Prohibited Bore for civilians of India , and provided the sections of the Arms Act which support my claim .

You mentioned that .45 ACP is a Non Prohibited Bore for civilians in cities of Mumbai & Pune , and till now you are unable to provide anything to support your claim . The onus lies on you to prove your claim , because you made it , NOT me . If you can't prove it , it's your problem , whatever the reason .

I am not discussing any other calibers , until you have proved your theory on .45 ACP being a NPB for Indian civilians .

And if you really have to talk about my Avatar picture , for starters , spell the word "Avatar" right ; you are missing a letter .

F-N-Five-Seven

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:24 pm

There is no ambiguity that Arms is a central subject, not state or city specific. Anything being done that is not in accordance with the act is illegal-even if out of ignorance.

The old man had just came out of retirement to respond to you gentlemen! On both subjects, the law and the .45... I wouldn't doubt him. The less said the better :D

If it was me, I wouldn't take chances with a .45acp unless I have a PB license. For a simple reason, in the end the law is supreme, not the LA or Home ministry's perception.

cheers,
SS

Vicky15
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Vicky15 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:02 pm

hi all, read your discussion about.45 acp and now im giving you all my personal experience, that how can be law different for different people. my friend purchased a colt 1911.45 acp from a person who was related to a senior police officer. the weapon was entered on a NPB licence but when my friend wanted to get it entered the weapon on his licence in fatehgarh sahib, punjab, the authoroties refused straight away saying it is PB. But the same weapon went to a political bigwig, and he got it entered in his NPB licence in patiala,punjab! the above three persons are my friends and i myself saw this whole episode, now what say???

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:44 pm

mundaire wrote:As of today .45 ACP continues to be categorised as what are commonly referred to as PB calibres, this is as per the Arms Rules 1962 and this would be applicable throughout the Union of India as the subject of arms is a central subject. If any licensing authority is entering PB calibres on a NPB license they are breaking the law, however the liability of the officials is fairly limited as they are protected under the Arms Act itself that exempts them from any penal action, so long as whatever they did was in "good faith". YOU on the other hand stand to at the very LEAST have your expensive firearm confiscated and your license cancelled pending investigations.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:00 am

in mumbai,.45 acp is an NPB. @fn57 the govt. can modify or exempt a region,persons or group of persons from the arms act. a .45acp can be got as npb on mumbai license but for all india permit. .45acp is a PB.if you have doubts on the law check section"exemptions"

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:47 am

Dont mess with the law 45 is NPB and worst part is god forbid the out come of a case if this weapon is used in self defense -- judge will throw the book at you including using NPB..stay away from it..yes I have seen fair share of politicos and connection in renewing PB licenses but like seasons govt and officers change and also had a family rifle taken away. Also agree with a post above that pistols in India are being parkerized or fake copies from Indian cottage industry or across the border and that can land some one in soup..why kick a sleeping rabid hyenas

technical
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by technical » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 am

any gun used for defence any where (except some stater in the USA) will land you in soup.but if you're alive then that's worth it.
@munadire has a 1911 on PB license. dunno if he inherited it or got a new license. either way he told me that he went through hell to get it.
in rare cases R&AW offrs. have been issued "proibhited" arms licenses.this exemptsthem from the arms act. info on this cannot be got from an RTI .the people to which it is issued is clasiified info

LeoVashisht
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by LeoVashisht » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 pm

What should a colt 1911 in good condition shall cost

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:36 pm

LeoVashisht wrote: