IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: IOF .32 marks III revolver??

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:49 pm

gurinder";p="25937 wrote: these may your personal preferences!!!, but i think they can definitely improve the fit & finish.
Thats what everyone is saying :D

Please post a proper introduction and welcome to the forum

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:37 pm

gurinder";p="25937 wrote:these may your personal preferences!!!, but i think they can definitely improve the fit & finish.
Hi Gurinder.... thats pretty naive of you to misplace your faith in the disabilities of our bogus mill-stone con-workshop.

Welcome to the board!!! :)

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IOF .32 marks III revolver??

Post by james » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:02 pm

One of the dealers in Kolkata told me that IOF is coming up with smith&wesson type side shift model ,digesting this is difficult,hope we get better Indian Revolvers in days to come..Cheers,James...

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Durability and Accuracy of IOF Revolver

Post by Rudra » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:03 pm

Dear Friends
A gun shop owner told me that IOF revolvers are not very durable and accurate
According to him after firing near about 150 shots the accuracy of the weapon goes to hell as the weapon is not very durable and the parts become loose because of shocks due to constant firing .
So I request all the Gurus and IOF revolver Users to give their comments.

regards

Rudra

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Durability and Accuracy of IOF Revolver

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:29 pm

The gentleman could probably be saying something true.

The average Indian gun owner seldom gets more than 50 shots a year on his license. Out of this most barely fire a fraction of this.

The IOFB con men probably got this figured and in order to further 'save' production costs, cut ends on quality and build. Silly feather heads probably figured ain't no point building big sturdy stuff if it ain't needed.

Thats just my assumption - don't take it as the good word.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:32 pm

Or he's just trying to sell Rudra a far more expensive imported revolver. Wouldn't put it past them.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Rudra,

The fellow is full of BS.The build quality varies from one revolver to the next but I have heard that it has improved in the recent times.The one that I had was certainly worth more than 150 rounds..32 S&W Long does not generate the sort of recoil that would shoot loose a steel revolver in 150 rounds,unless there is a manufacturing defect.

As far as accuracy goes,none of the revolvers of this class(Indian or imported) were, or are built for putting holes in a bulls eye at 25 yards.They are meant for close range use.Make that 10 feet or there abouts.You can easily hit a man sized target at that range with the IOF revolver.

penpusher

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:27 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by cottage cheese on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

opensight
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by opensight » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:13 am

penpusher & Mack The Knife,
Of the IOF revolvers you have seen and handled, have you come across any instances of the firearm working itself loose after a few dozen rounds fired? I am keen to know about this because my pistol/revolver license has come through last week and I am still yet to decide on the revolver. (revolver? pistol? revolver? pistol? Hard for me to decide. )
I intend to at least put a hundred or so rounds a year through the firearm. If its going to fall apart before that, there is not much point in purchasing it.

Opensight

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:35 am

same with me, opensight.....I am in the same boat.....

NM

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 am

opensight";p="26833 wrote:penpusher & Mack The Knife,
Of the IOF revolvers you have seen and handled, have you come across any instances of the firearm working itself loose after a few dozen rounds fired?
Opensight
I have never owned one but one of our club members had an older model which he shot fairly regularly at the range. I have shot this revolver and whilst it was anything but accurate (problem with the sights), it certainly did not feel as if it was going to come apart in my hands anytime soon.

And what if it does come loose? A reasonably decent smith or engineer would not have a problem rectifying this.

Mack The Knife

gurinder
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gurinder » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:08 am

I have had an IOF revolver since last five years and I have fired around 80 rounds till date, but had no problem with the piece. No miss even in indian ammo. Accuracy (or mine or my cousin's aim) is doubtful. Sold it last month.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:46 am

a new revolver carries a one year guarantee from IOF... so u are safe till one year and can shoot as many rounds as u want to test the revolver...
As far as accuracy is concerned, please see my post earlier (including pictures). I got within about 2 inches from around 13 yards !! This is not bad considering I was shooting single action. Double action would have improved the group !

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:45 pm

This is not bad considering I was shooting single action. Double action would have improved the group ![/quote]

Sir jee,

You mean you were shooting double action and single action would have improved the group.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Thanks for correcting me, Dev. Seems a 'mangur' has gotten into my head.. :D