IOF .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Post Reply
Nainitalguru
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Nainitalguru » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:46 pm

I had a Smith and Wesson model 31 .32 revolver which I sold last year. i sincerely regret my decision. Never the less I shall buy the new Mk4 or 5 IOF revolver

For Advertising mail webmaster
Nainitalguru
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Nainitalguru » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Unless, someone has a better suggestion ... What could replace my Smith and Wesson .32 revolver?????

User avatar
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 3486
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:47 am
Location: USA

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by xl_target » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Nainitalguru wrote:Unless, someone has a better suggestion ... What could replace my Smith and Wesson .32 revolver?????
Not much. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

User avatar
TC
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:50 am
Location: Kolkata

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by TC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:25 pm

xl_target wrote:
Nainitalguru wrote:Unless, someone has a better suggestion ... What could replace my Smith and Wesson .32 revolver?????
Not much. :)
I would say a Colt Detective Special... later model with ejector rod shroud :D

TC

Nainitalguru
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Nainitalguru » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Is it possible to buy a Colt Detective Special in India??

Nainitalguru
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Nainitalguru » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:11 pm

And what should I expect to pay? Secondly which IOF .32 is the best model so far?? Prefer to use my S&W ammo

User avatar
TC
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1805
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:50 am
Location: Kolkata

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by TC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Lots of Detective Specials are in the market. Cost around 8 lakh or 8.5.
The alloy body Colt Cobras cost a little less.

Among the IOF revolvers I would say the latest productions are all good for the job and you can fire imported ammo in all of them. Haven't heard of any first hand report on the titanium body Nirbheek model. So can't comment on that model. The 2014 , 2015 steel models are good.

:cheers:
TC
Last edited by TC on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nainitalguru
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Nainitalguru » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Thank you

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 am
Location: New Delhi

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by chicky » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:15 am

Hi fellow IFGians,

I just took delivery of my .32 revolver from FGF, Kanpur and was pleasantly surprised to know that they have reduced the price from Rs 87120 to Rs 74869. This is effective from 7.8.15. Nirbeek version too has been reduced to about Rs 122000.
The quality alas is just the same, but at this price it's very good value for money.

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

Walibaa
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Walibaa » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:09 am

Nainitalguru wrote:And what should I expect to pay? Secondly which IOF .32 is the best model so far?? Prefer to use my S&W ammo
its Mark 3 of iof .32

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:40 am

chicky wrote:Hi fellow IFGians,

I just took delivery of my .32 revolver from FGF, Kanpur and was pleasantly surprised to know that they have reduced the price from Rs 87120 to Rs 74869. This is effective from 7.8.15. Nirbeek version too has been reduced to about Rs 122000.
The quality alas is just the same, but at this price it's very good value for money.

Chicky
Congratulations... That is a big saving you made...

Atul

advocate Sumit nain
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by advocate Sumit nain » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Hello fellow members. Please guide me about iof mk iii mk iv.. l am planning to buy a revolver. I m confused between mkiii and mk iv that which one should i buy.. can u please provide information about these model and there price... mk iii is available with dealer in punjab but not mk iv...

ashokgodara
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:27 am
Location: india

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by ashokgodara » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 pm

advocate Sumit nain wrote:Hello fellow members. Please guide me about iof mk iii mk iv.. l am planning to buy a revolver. I m confused between mkiii and mk iv that which one should i buy.. can u please provide information about these model and there price... mk iii is available with dealer in punjab but not mk iv...
I dont understant from colt to iof mark3?.if yoy drop iof revolver from 3 feet height hammer side it will fire.I know 2 persons
who were injured in this way.if you still want to buy iof revolver then buy revolvers made by field gun factory they are better then
s.a.f.i will advise you to buy iof pistol.to buy from chandigargh you can pm me i will give you details which dealer have quota left
or you can buy from haryana dealers
thanks

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:41 pm

What types/brands of ammo are available for this revolver, and what is the performance? It seems most people of India are limited in available ammo so I was curious. Thanks.

Commonwealth_of_PA
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Re: IOF .32 revolver

Post by Commonwealth_of_PA » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Can someone help with my question? Thanks :)

Post Reply