Revolver barrel make difference.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Puneet Sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Revolver barrel make difference.

Post by Puneet Sharma » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 am

Hello friends.

Today again I need your's valuable information plz provide me..

Friends iof sell main 2 type of .32 revolver.

1 is .32 revolver short barrel which length is 3 inch barrel.

2 is .32 revolver long barrel which length is 5 inch barrel.

May be Almost everything is equal in both revolver but difference only in barrel length.

iof website provides information is that short barrel revolver effective range is 18m and long barrel revolver effective range is 25m.

Now my question is why 7m range difference in both revolver.. It's happened 2 inch more barrel length? Or any other reason behind this???

Plz provide me this information.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Revolver barrel make difference.

Post by nbk3y7k » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Yes, barrel length makes a difference as bullet is exposed to more riffeling due to long length, hence it travels longer distance
Regards,
RR

Puneet Sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Puneet Sharma » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:40 am

Thanks bro...

iof.32 long barrel 25m effective range.

Now any one have a information about at 25m iof long barrel revolver accuracy???

I mean that any one check the accuracy of long barrel iof revolver then plz provide me information.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:04 am

Don't worry sick over it as the receiver at the other end will hardly be able to recognise the difference. As a rule the FPS doesn't matter much but the accuracy improves more so because of the longer sight plane the long barrel offers. IMHO. At the same time its believed that a shorter barrel being stiffer causes the accuracy to rise in steady hands due to better harmonics then a longer one. Hope I have managed to confuse you further.

Marksman

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:34 pm

Puneet Sharma wrote:Now my question is why 7m range difference in both revolver.. It's happened 2 inch more barrel length? Or any other reason behind this???
The difference in range is due to the laws of physics. Please note the following laws of physics -

Momentum = Mass x Acceleration

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 x Mass x Velocity x Velocity

When barrel is longer(up to an optimum length), the rapidly expanding gases from the cartridge charge are able to accelerate the bullet for a longer time. This results in higher momentum and kinetic energy. This translates into a longer range.

When barrel is shorter than the optimum length, the rapidly expanding gases from the cartridge charge are unable to accelerate the bullet for a longer time because they get expelled into the air earlier than it would have happened in a longer barrel. This results in lower momentum and kinetic energy. This translates into a shorter range.

Since nothing except only the barrel lengths have been changed, it is the only reason for longer or shorter ranges.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Puneet Sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Puneet Sharma » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:50 am

Thanks friends.

I understand.

Can you tested the accuracy of long iof revolver at25m.. I mean what group provide this revolver at 25m?

Can I use it for 25m centerfire event? This revolver is able to do it?

RoyalSingh
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by RoyalSingh » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:53 am

Why to use ordinance revolver for a target event? Its meant for generic personal safety.
Though construction is robust but don't think that the accuracy and consistently with even the 5" barrel option would adequate your purpose.
MHO if you are planning to use IOF revolver think again, you are better off with some good used imported pistol.

Regards
RoyalSingh

Puneet Sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Puneet Sharma » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Thanks bro...

Bro plz tell me name of revolver or pistol which is best for event? And easily available in market...and also provide me a estimated price....and details about event revolver or pistol? Advice me friends

Puneet Sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Puneet Sharma » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 am

Hlo friends...

Plz advice me.. Which is better for 25m centerfire event revolver or pistol and suggesting me which brand and price and whare I can buy

Manpreet2383
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Manpreet2383 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Who best revolver long and short barrel

Manpreet2383
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Manpreet2383 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Plz suggest which revolver is best 32 bore

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Manpreet2383 wrote:Who best revolver long and short barrel
Short barre (3") if you have to carry often.....long barrel for more accuracy and velocity.

Nothing is best.....everything is sort of compromise.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:25 am

marksman wrote:Don't worry sick over it as the receiver at the other end will hardly be able to recognise the difference. As a rule the FPS doesn't matter much but the accuracy improves more so because of the longer sight plane the long barrel offers. IMHO.
Marksman
Marksman's answer (above) is the only one that matters. The rest is all mumbo-jumbo and conjecture.
Firing your .32 caliber handgun, at 25 meters, all other things being equal, you will see no practical difference in energy or velocity, between the two barrel lengths.

As to why IOF posts a different "effective range" for the two barrel lengths?
It is apparently because IOF's marketing department has little or no actual knowledge of ballistics.

If your defensive handgun actually has an "effective range" of 25 m, I suggest that you throw it away and arm yourself with a rock as you will be able to produce more of an effect on your target with it.

A handgun with a 3" barrel will be easier to conceal.
A handgun with a 5" barrel might be a little easier to aim at the target, depending on your skill level.
Beyond that don't worry about it.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941