.22 IOF Revolver - Good option

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
dbsc28
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

.22 IOF Revolver - Good option

Post by dbsc28 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:01 pm

An excellent, light accurate and concealable weapon which has wrongly been given a lot of negative publicity. My advice go for it if sole aim is not to showoff but self defence. Similar to Smith & Wesson model 317

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
sks76239
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: .22 IOF Revolver - Good option

Post by sks76239 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:56 pm

If the purpose is self defense, .22 is the worst calibre. Last thing you want to do is shoot and fail to kill. It is relatively cheap and can provide protection from minor stuff though.
I would personally choose extended barrel .32 S&W L Webley revolver copy by IOF.

Calibre restrictions need to be removed from the firearms classification rules. I once compared the news Arms rules published and I found that some of the restrictions (regarding public carry) were exact words directly copied from South African rules. Babus don't understand both Policy and Plagiarism.

People need to lobby within both parties: BJP and Congress.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day.

Maroon_d3vil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Maroon_d3vil » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:34 pm

I have met some .22 revolver owners. And none of them had any complaints. Had met a person sometime back who had .22 IOF revolver. He had modified the revolver and it was looking similar to this :
revolver-de-fogueo-zoraki-en-2-25-3-envios-gratis-D_NQ_NP_672515-MCO25249345969_122016-F.jpg
This make over gave a classy look to the .22 revolver! :) Couldn't interact much with him. Would like to know from fellow IFGians whether this kind of modification is allowed. What I came to know from some posts in the forum is that body modifications can be done leaving caliber apart. Had already seen lot of post and pics of modified IOF ashani pistol.

Regards,
Maroon_d3vil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun". -- The Dalai Lama

dbsc28
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dbsc28 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:37 am

sks76239 wrote:If the purpose is self defense, .22 is the worst calibre. Last thing you want to do is shoot and fail to kill. It is relatively cheap and can provide protection from minor stuff though.
I would personally choose extended barrel .32 S&W L Webley revolver copy by IOF.

Calibre restrictions need to be removed from the firearms classification rules. I once compared the news Arms rules published and I found that some of the restrictions (regarding public carry) were exact words directly copied from South African rules. Babus don't understand both Policy and Plagiarism.

People need to lobby within both parties: BJP and Congress.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day.
Would you always want shoot to kill or rather you would prefer to incapacitate. Think about it. You would be able to react faster, shoot more accurate with a .22 and if in 2 well placed rounds at short range you cannot put a man out of action then maybe more training is called for. Remember Indian Army is using .22 (5.56) rifle as main weapon for its troops.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:08 pm

"Remember Indian Army is using .22 (5.56) rifle as main weapon for its troops."...........What?

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chengy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:42 pm

0.223 to be precise. Its a much larger round with a higher muzzle velocity and energy. A 0.22LR round used in the revolver has a much lower energy than the 5.56 mm IA round and hence stopping power is less.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 am

I am nowhere close in terms of the knowledge quite a few of our fellow members possess. IMHO, the .22 IOF revolver is nowhere close to the S&Ws in terms of quality. I am a licensed handgun owner and own a S&W revolver in .32 which again IMHO is something I am comfortable with and it is something I carry daily for the sole purpose of self defence and not to show off.

dbsc28
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dbsc28 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:46 am

Prabhath wrote:I am nowhere close in terms of the knowledge quite a few of our fellow members possess. IMHO, the .22 IOF revolver is nowhere close to the S&Ws in terms of quality. I am a licensed handgun owner and own a S&W revolver in .32 which again IMHO is something I am comfortable with and it is something I carry daily for the sole purpose of self defence and not to show off.
Comparison being made is between iof handguns, ie .32 revolver/pistol and .22 revolver. Obviously foreign guns are better but there is no point in comparing them if they are not available in brand new condition at a reasonable price.

dheeraj_1772
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dheeraj_1772 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:46 pm

My wife is also having an IOF .22 Revolver since 2010. It had problem of ejecting EFCs initially. But after firing 50~60 rounds that issue was over and since then it is working perfectly fine. Very easy to carry, conceal and fire... No need to compare with S&W or others as you can’t get a new one here in India and most of knowledgeable members know about the reliability of MINT CONDITIONED old stuff available in the Indian Weapon Market. Best value for money...

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 am

dbsc28 wrote:Would you always want shoot to kill or rather you would prefer to incapacitate. Think about it.
Please read Sections 96 to 106 of Indian Penal Code. Section 100 of Indian Penal Code provides answer to your question that why one would shoot to kill and prefer not shoot to incapacitate.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

dbsc28
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dbsc28 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:35 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:
dbsc28 wrote:Would you always want shoot to kill or rather you would prefer to incapacitate. Think about it.
Please read Sections 96 to 106 of Indian Penal Code. Section 100 of Indian Penal Code provides answer to your question that why one would shoot to kill and prefer not shoot to incapacitate.
Sec 99 IPC
"Extent to which the right may be exercised. - The right of private defence in no case extends to the inflicting of more harm than it is necessary to inflict for the purpose of defence."

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:16 pm

dbsc28 wrote:Sec 99 IPC "Extent to which the right may be exercised. - The right of private defence in no case extends to the inflicting of more harm than it is necessary to inflict for the purpose of defence."
The question is why one would shoot to kill and prefer not shoot to incapacitate. Answer is one would shoot to kill and prefer not shoot to incapacitate when any of the conditions mentioned in Section 100 I.P.C. is satisfied. Also the Sections 99 and 100 of IPC are fully in agreement with each other.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

dbsc28
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dbsc28 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
dbsc28 wrote:Sec 99 IPC "Extent to which the right may be exercised. - The right of private defence in no case extends to the inflicting of more harm than it is necessary to inflict for the purpose of defence."
The question is why one would shoot to kill and prefer not shoot to incapacitate. Answer is one would shoot to kill and prefer not shoot to incapacitate when any of the conditions mentioned in Section 100 I.P.C. is satisfied. Also the Sections 99 and 100 of IPC are fully in agreement with each other.
The point which i am trying to make is that your chances of getting legal benefit of right to self defence go up substantially if you have only injured the person and not killed him. If you kill and the judge feels that the situation did not warrant deadly force than you are surely going to spend time in jail.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:41 pm

dbsc28 wrote:The point which i am trying to make is that your chances of getting legal benefit of right to self defence go up substantially if you have only injured the person and not killed him. If you kill and the judge feels that the situation did not warrant deadly force than you are surely going to spend time in jail.
Since there are so many factors involved, it would be hazardous to expect some accurate conclusion based on merely some discussion, conjectures and opinions. For example, you are attacked and the attack satisfies Section 100 of I.P.C. But because of your personal moral convictions, you do not kill but injure the assailant. Instead of thanking you for showing mercy to him, the attacker bribes the police, files various false cases against you, or the assailant again attacks you later on, with greater ferocity and precision? What then?

You may ask what is the point I am trying to convey? My point is, make your best efforts to avoid all these type of situations, by having some foresight and wisdom. For example avoid going to places that may have potential for trouble. Secure your home with strong doors, iron grills, high walls etc. But if some unfortunate situation does happen, instead of following personal moral convictions, follow the law.

dbsc28
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dbsc28 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pm

.22 iof revolverImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk