A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
HairyTrigger
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Post by HairyTrigger » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:47 pm

Some thoughts on this Glock deal

1. There is nothing stopping someone from making a Glock clone; the design is from 1982 and companies with something to lose have been making Gen3 frames and slides in the US for a few years now.
2. Now, if this Indian company is using the Glock logo and name it better have a relationship with the Austrian company.
3. I thought this was the largest gun forum in India. If that is the case, I would suggest whoever has talked to this company (I think there are members here who claimed to have done so) should reach back to them and suggest them to set things straight here. At least post some pictures or a video of a test. I am not asking for the exact day and time they will be start selling it but at least show us there is a product being tested.

As of now this is vapourware.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:15 am

This company in tamil nadu just cannot copy the design if glock , they will have to take permission from the parent company to use their design and technology.and can get sued in the court against patent infringement.
There is a thing know has transfer of technology which allows you to Manufacture the weapon with right with the parent company.

Once the product is in market we will see what exactly has been done .it will definitely be in market a little late but for sure .

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:31 am

sourabhsangale, apparently you can make a Glock clone. Google 'Glock Clones' and you will find ample.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:15 pm

Clones can now be legally made of models up to 3rd gen Glocks. Patents expire after sometime so other companies can make their own products on older designs. However, if CMT is going to be marketing the products under Glock's brand name, then they certainly aren't going to be operating under this paradigm.

Saurabh, I highly recommend you ask your Glock rep to start answering questions here as suggested above. That would help everyone get a better idea. For instance, what all models are they bringing to the Indian market? I heard the 380 autos (G25, 28 & 42) are expected, but really, any Glock not chambered in 9mm Para will be a good fit here.

Of course, the real biggy is what will they cost? Will CMT follow the traditional path and charge as much as a custom 1911 for a standard Glock or will they be offering their products at the same price as other countries?

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:13 pm

As i said ,I spoke to the guy last on 22 march ,here is his mobile no 99556 99556 I forgot the name ,saved by glock india .
The mobile no is mostly switched of many times but as i said earlier also keep trying .you might get lucky he will speak to you once the phone is answered. He is a very nice guy will be able to answer all of your questions.
As per bore is concerned he told me 380 ,357sig, .45 ,.22 lr will be made for the civilian market .

He also said that price will not be expensive .will be around 2-2.5 lakh with a waiting period of 1 month.

He said license is in process from the central government to sell in the civilian market .

So my dear members please keep on trying the above no and let the members on this forum also know if you find some more information.

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:09 am

sourabhsangale wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:13 pm
As i said ,I spoke to the guy last on 22 march ,here is his mobile no 99556 99556 I forgot the name ,saved by glock india .
The mobile no is mostly switched of many times but as i said earlier also keep trying .you might get lucky he will speak to you once the phone is answered. He is a very nice guy will be able to answer all of your questions.
As per bore is concerned he told me 380 ,357sig, .45 ,.22 lr will be made for the civilian market .

He also said that price will not be expensive .will be around 2-2.5 lakh with a waiting period of 1 month.

He said license is in process from the central government to sell in the civilian market .

So my dear members please keep on trying the above no and let the members on this forum also know if you find some more information.
This is some good news to my ears. Thanks for the effort Sourabh Ji.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:05 am

sourabhsangale wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:13 pm

That's good to know Saurabh. Thanks for taking the initiative. Though 2-2.5 lakhs is still quite a price for a Glock. I won't complain though. Any new product is good news :)

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:19 am

Yes .any time better than IOF and other old imported guns
Which the dealer sell for stupid prices in pune and other metro cities. As far as glock is concerned one minister from maharasthra state had bought it for Rs,32 lakh .380 model which was personally seen by one of my close friends.

The price are going to drastically drop now , I myself has order a sheikh pistol for 1.30 lakh still expensive but happy it is brand new with 5 year warranty, delivery is scheduled on 27th of may .

Next pistol would he .45 by webley which they are going to launch in december the price is 2.75 lakh .

Tauraus will also come soon , maybe next year in civilian market .

Will update you guys soon about glock if a speak with the persons again .

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:53 pm

I look forward to reading your reviews. Will certainly be looking out for Glocks when they hit the scene. Also, I will suggest to keep an eye on the second hand market. As everyone is expecting these products to drive down costs, owners of second hand stuff might be looking to dispose of their ware at a reasonable price while they still can. Many of these old firearms are actually very well maintained.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:24 pm

Yes i will put the review of my sheikh raptor pistol as soon as i get it .

Still in india many gun owner are not aware of foreign companies that are going to manufacture arms here .,

Awareness should be spread i am doing it in my circles,
Price will definitely go down .last year i had been to a dealer in pune saw a amazing walther TPH he quote me 22 lakh the weapon was in pristine condition but 22 lakh is not the amount i am wiling to pay . The price will fall down rapidly. it should cost now around 5-8 lakh which is the best price for that weapon.

Plus glock are good but I don’t find them safe have fired around 500 rounds from that gun in the US , the main problem is that it has no safety at all once the bullet is in the gun either fire it or remove it that is not what i like ,safety should be top priority in the weapon.

That is why decided to with sheikh arms and not to wait .it is a copy of 1911 and i am a big fan of 1911.

after using this will go for webley.45 which is coming next year.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:33 pm

Any members on this forum interested in IOF . 32 mark -3 revolver. I want to sell my weapon purchase in 2014 very well maintained.
Price -55k , price of new weapon is around 80k with a locking period of 5 years

Price from dealer is around 70k for used one and new one around- 90 to 1 lakh depending on the dealer and city ,

Any one interested please wats app me on -9881118875

Virk1virk
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

About GLOCK entry in indian market.

Post by Virk1virk » Sun May 17, 2020 10:40 pm

Hello there members I wanted to know that is .380 auto is npb bore in rajasthan because I came accross a article which says I can buy a glock in india I am interested in glock model g25 in .380 bore. So my real question is that in license application do we have to mention the calibre of gun or can we apply for just buy saying NPB revolver / pistol.please reply members .if not answered what's the point of having a dedicated gun forum .thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: About GLOCK entry in indian market.

Post by Vikram » Mon May 18, 2020 12:18 am

One applies for an NPB handgun license.
Virk1virk wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:40 pm
if not answered what's the point of having a dedicated gun forum .thanks
I can understand your eagerness for an answer but demanding replies sounds a bit churlish don't you think? How about contributing to the forum too? :cheers:
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon May 18, 2020 12:27 am

Only fill NPB revolver / pistol .

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon May 18, 2020 12:41 am