A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Post by Vineet » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:29 pm

There is no difference.
.45 acp can also be called .45 auto.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

For Advertising mail webmaster
asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:42 pm

Vineet wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:29 pm
There is no difference.
.45 acp can also be called .45 auto.
Thanks for the info
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:28 am

Vineet wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:26 pm

....If you don't carry EDC and want a pistol for home defence and occasional shooting then go for standard size.

If you are of smaller built or want a pistol for deep concealment carry then go for sub compact size. Remember any pistol is much better than no pistol when the need arise.
An added consideration, Vineet, is the caliber itself. I have the G30 (subcompact .45acp) but in terms of size it is nearly identical (and actually thicker) than the G19 (9mm) which is a compact pistol. Principally, agree with your recommendations.

Those looking at the .45 acp, particularly the G21 need to be conscious of its size, it is a brick sized pistol!

Cheers
SS

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:25 am

AgentDoubleS wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:28 am
Vineet wrote:

....If you don't carry EDC and want a pistol for home defence and occasional shooting then go for standard size.

If you are of smaller built or want a pistol for deep concealment carry then go for sub compact size. Remember any pistol is much better than no pistol when the need arise.
An added consideration, Vineet, is the caliber itself. I have the G30 (subcompact .45acp) but in terms of size it is nearly identical (and actually thicker) than the G19 (9mm) which is a compact pistol. Principally, agree with your recommendations.

Those looking at the .45 acp, particularly the G21 need to be conscious of its size, it is a brick sized pistol!

Cheers
SS
Wonder they are going to make G30 or G30SF?

What are the disadvantages of G36 over G30 apart from less magazine capacity?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:04 am

AgentDoubleS wrote:
Vineet wrote:

Cheers
SS
Dear please share your experience of G30 in controlling the gun during shooting, how difficult or easy it is to come back on target for second shot etc.
Second does the gun looks balanced in length, width and hight?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:56 am

A link for deciding the size of glock depending upon size of hands.

drag73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drag73 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:31 pm

What we need is a mock-up of each model with the designated dealer, we need to know how each model fits and feels in our hand and then decide. Ultimate would be letting us shoot and decide, but then again I am a realist.
Last edited by drag73 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:15 pm

drag73 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:31 pm
What we need is a mock-up of each model with the designated dealer, we need to know how each model fits and feels in our hand and then decide. Ultimate would be letting us shoot and decide, but then again I am realist.

Yes the time has come for the INDIAN Licencee to make a choice. I request all licencees to insist this this in all reviews and opinions

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Respected Members,
What's the difference between Gen 4 & Gen 5 NPB Glock pistols.

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:22 pm

In India CMT-JTF is launching only Gen 4, no Gen 5.
Difference between 2 you can see on YouTube.

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:26 pm

kanwar76 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:25 am
AgentDoubleS wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:28 am
Vineet wrote:

Cheers
SS

-Inder
30S is best in all G30

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Drameenkitekar wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:22 pm
In India CMT-JTF is launching only Gen 4, no Gen 5.
Difference between 2 you can see on YouTube.

Gen 5 already launched in India, but only PB.

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 pm

kanwar76 wrote:
]

-Inder
Inder, they’ve announced they’ll make the Gen 4 - so the SF doesn’t need to be made. The SF is the short frame with a smaller reach to the trigger, a smaller blackstrap. The Gen 4 anyway comes with multiple sized back straps including ones with a beaver tail. All Gen 4s can essentially be converted to an SF with a change of the strap. Picture of the straps that came with mine attached.
F22AB367-3109-414F-9CEE-DC471F070191.jpeg
The biggest difference in the G36 and the G30 is not as much the capacity as it is the fact that the 36 is a single stack magazine (and hence much slimmer Pistol) while the 30 is double stacked and therefore thicker. The 36 because of its smaller dimension feels better in smaller hands but recoils a lot more as you would imagine. It’s also a lot easier to conceal carry than the others but will kick like a mule on a hot .45acp load. G21 magazine can be used in a 30.. not in the 36. Single stack magazine pistols are a lot more ergonomic, the 1911 being the classic example, though they compromise on capacity.

There’s also a Gen3 G30s which has a Near identical 36 slide(slimmer) but a G30 frame that is quite popular but not mentioned to be launched in India. It’s not available in Gen 4, the last I checked, so loses out on a few advantages the Gen4 offers. There is no ‘best’, it’ll all depend on the circumstances, uses, recoil preferences etc. of the individual buying them.

Cheers
SS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Few technical specifications of G30 and G30SImageImageImage

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:39 pm

AgentDoubleS wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 pm
kanwar76 wrote:
]

-Inder
Inder, they’ve announced they’ll make the Gen 4 - so the SF doesn’t need to be made. The SF is the short frame with a smaller reach to the trigger, a smaller blackstrap. The Gen 4 anyway comes with multiple sized back straps including ones with a beaver tail. All Gen 4s can essentially be converted to an SF with a change of the strap. Picture of the straps that came with mine attached.

F22AB367-3109-414F-9CEE-DC471F070191.jpeg
The biggest difference in the G36 and the G30 is not as much the capacity as it is the fact that the 36 is a single stack magazine (and hence much slimmer Pistol) while the 30 is double stacked and therefore thicker. The 36 because of its smaller dimension feels better in smaller hands but recoils a lot more as you would imagine. It’s also a lot easier to conceal carry than the others but will kick like a mule on a hot .45acp load. G21 magazine can be used in a 30.. not in the 36. Single stack magazine pistols are a lot more ergonomic, the 1911 being the classic example, though they compromise on capacity.

There’s also a Gen3 G30s which has a Near identical 36 slide(slimmer) but a G30 frame that is quite popular but not mentioned to be launched in India. It’s not available in Gen 4, the last I checked, so loses out on a few advantages the Gen4 offers. There is no ‘best’, it’ll all depend on the circumstances, uses, recoil preferences etc. of the individual buying them.

Cheers
SS
Thanks ADS, beggars can’t be choosers so will have to take whatever they dish out.

Having said that, best will be a G36 with a .22 conversion kit. Loads of practice with a .22 and .45 for carry. Though one should practice with one they carry but i can’t afford that at INR250 a pop. I am not able to find one online and then the legality part also needs to be taken care of.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...