A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: A new baby born... Made in India Glock?

Post by Drameenkitekar » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Reloading is the best option if someone can do it. Practice as much as one can.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sbhritwal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sbhritwal » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:48 pm

Drameenkitekar wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:52 pm

One thing I want to ask. Here in my state Haryana, the authorities while renewing the validity of arms licence, are asking that where the bullets purchased have been used or licence holder has to show them bullets purchased if not used. Is this comes under Arms Rules or state govt can make separate law.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Sbhritwal wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:48 pm
One thing I want to ask. Here in my state Haryana, the authorities while renewing the validity of arms licence, are asking that where the bullets purchased have been used or licence holder has to show them bullets purchased if not used. Is this comes under Arms Rules or state govt can make separate law.
There is no such rule in Arms Act.

To the question where the cartridges have been used, we can fire the cartridges for practice at a safe place like a farm.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Sbhritwal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sbhritwal » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:08 am

Vineet wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:13 pm
Sbhritwal wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:48 pm
There is no such rule in Arms Act.

To the question where the cartridges have been used, we can fire the cartridges for practice at a safe place like a farm.
Thanks Vineet ji.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:08 am

Drameenkitekar wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Just curious where are you from?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:23 am

Mumbai, brother.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:25 am

So in Mumbai you get powders, primers etc to do reloading and what about the equipment?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:17 am

No powder, no primers......[emoji20]

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Drameenkitekar wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:17 am
No powder, no primers......[emoji20]

Saheb, When something which is not even possible in our great country, No equipment nothing available then why even advise it?

Drameenkitekar wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:17 am

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:28 pm

Jugaad bhi to koee cheez hoti hai 🤣

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:24 pm

Please refrain from posting such things(ex- reloading cartridges). It's dangerous and should be performed only by a person with good experience. Don't know if it's legal or not, but it is not for most of us(including me). Last thing we want is a young shooter trying to fire a reloaded ammunition and injuring himself/herself.
Experienced and knowledgeable members from IFG have posted information about reloading in the past, anyone thinking about it should read those posts first. Even if you get reloaded ammunition from some 'other' source, you should be very cautious. Jugaad can end one's shooting days. Hands and face are much more valuable than a few hundred rupees.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Lets hope a lot more indian wishes are fulfilled. We have 20 century handguns instead of the 1899 bebli- scaat
Copy. So, hopefully reloading is not far behind.

Udyanjadhav’s post serves as an index of the misconception about reloading in todays Indian shooters.

I reload for 11 calibers. Self taught. Reading reloading manuals- Lymans and Lee. Crushed cases, crushed my fingers, got a speck of powder in my eye. When i got my act right, i was confident enough to use my reloads in F class matches. I supervise my kids reloading now.
Yes, i agree with not using A strangers reloads, but a couple of friends and i happily use each others reloads. Lets hope the mindset of the Indian gun owners Gets a sea change On Safe reloading soon. And this very public fear of the word ammunition reloading is dispelled.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Drameenkitekar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Drameenkitekar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:29 pm

Very well said, reloading is not a taboo, its a legal right given to arms license holders under Arms act 1959.
Jugad is the Indian intelligence to bypass all the limitations coming in ones goals.
Result of 32 SW wadcutter Jugad at 25 meters in the attached imageImage

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:05 am

Seeing that we’re talking handgun ammo reloading here, .45acp Lee Loader would be an ideal way to start. But I’d like to keep this thread on course and post up some pics later. Good luck to you guys if you can get your arms dealer to source primers& powder.
When it happens, start with Lee. Simple, innovative and inexpensive. A soft-ish lead cast bullet, tailored to your firearm chamber, throat and barrel specs will be more accurate and effective than Most Factory loads When i get bored, i forget the Turret presses and sit down with the Lee loader - For some ‘zoned in’ reloading fun. 😉👍🏻
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:57 pm

The trouble with only experienced people reloading ammunition is that there's no way for unexperienced people to get experienced!

I started reloading at a friend's house. I bought my dies, bullets, and primers. He had powder for me to use, and showed me how to do it. I then bought my own equipment. I tried to be careful and somewhat conservative, and have had no problems so far.

The reloadign angle has been discussed here and getting components, like primers and powder, makes reloading a difficult proposition. As for bullets, if a mould can be acquired and if lead can be scrounged, bullets are pretty easy to cast, although one must be very careful not to inhale lead fumes.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman