Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Post by eljefe » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:42 pm

Some reviews I read,mention the stove pipe jam and failure for the first round to feed. Given that a majority of users will be using KF ammo, expect stovepipes galore. The problem with the mag lips seems to persist. Will CMT be able to address this issue in house ?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:44 pm

miroflex, let's hope all and their loved ones stay safe but the way things are panning out,it does not look good. One day this damned pandemic would end,hopefully that day comes soon.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:49 pm

@eljefe, that is heresy...a Glock,malfunctioning! How can that be. It is impossible.
The only truly reliable .22 ,in Indian context ,is a revolver and that too if it is in good condition. Most .22 revolvers here are not

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:53 pm

Winnie- every review I’ve read from the US market mentions stove piping with low vel/ poor qc ammo,and invariably, the ‘failure to feed’ with first round. In some instances , it resolved itself, others needed some tinkering with the mag lips

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... -glock-g44

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:00 pm

The provenance of the ‘desi’ testers seems to be limited to admiring the firearm, pointing it to by standers with finger on the trigger , firing it at stone walls to depict the range, making public service announcements about getting scammed by fake dealer calls and a mention en passant,about the polymer/metal frame. No mention about the mechanism etc Eg.,the rimfire glock is NOT striker fired or other gory details. All plug and play operators

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:06 pm

There is a 'review' posted by one fellow of an Indian made pump action shotgun,where he mentions that the rib on the barrel is there to prevent your hand from being burnt by a hot barrel. The video was posted on a thread here. There is more such nonsense posted by people who can't be faulted for their enthusiasm but that is where it ends.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:44 pm

I guess we'll wait for an early buyer to tell us the results with KF ammo
The part about the .22 revolver is perfect.
A Colt Diamondback I used with .22 KF ammo performed brilliantly

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:32 pm

Glock will launch probably in may and they might deliver in june .

drag73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drag73 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:37 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:32 pm
Glock will launch probably in may and they might deliver in june .
can you please explain whats happening, you have another 13 days for end of May...

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue May 18, 2021 4:16 pm

If and when the Glock 44 comes on here, a bit of future proofing

https://www.glockforum.com/threads/gloc ... nts.59589/

rs123in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rs123in » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:30 am

eljefe wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 pm
That is a huge wolf and deserving of the calibers mentioned Indian wolves are smaller. I have seen 40kg boar taken with a Brno mod 1 22. That is a huge animal for a .22, but it folded up and died. I’ve also shot 50-60kg boars with a .375 and 9.3 x62 which needed a couple of finishers. Before this gets into a the eternal argument of the efficacy of the .22LR, ( yes, I too have heard of the elephant with .22LR story)
It’s a good move on the part of Glock to introduce a platform for this caliber. Whether it will serve as a practice pistol, learners gun, or in countries like India - a primary gun, I’m sure it fill be a good,dependable firearm. Since a lot of gun ownership in India is based on self defence as primary reason, a couple of double taps in the vitals will be hard to ignore.
Watch out info on .22 LR Ammunition at link below

HKASHYAP
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by HKASHYAP » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:06 am

rs123in wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:30 am
eljefe wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 pm
That is a huge wolf and deserving of the calibers mentioned Indian wolves are smaller. I have seen 40kg boar taken with a Brno mod 1 22. That is a huge animal for a .22, but it folded up and died. I’ve also shot 50-60kg boars with a .375 and 9.3 x62 which needed a couple of finishers. Before this gets into a the eternal argument of the efficacy of the .22LR, ( yes, I too have heard of the elephant with .22LR story)
It’s a good move on the part of Glock to introduce a platform for this caliber. Whether it will serve as a practice pistol, learners gun, or in countries like India - a primary gun, I’m sure it fill be a good,dependable firearm. Since a lot of gun ownership in India is based on self defence as primary reason, a couple of double taps in the vitals will be hard to ignore.
Watch out info on .22 LR Ammunition at link below

What I think more important is to hit the target in ease and compatability of use in an emergency situation...