Page 1 of 2

Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:40 pm
by russianshooter3



Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:44 pm
by Jees
Lol..
22 lr is good for plinking and secondary gun only I guess.
Even a sleek mobile phone in shirt pocket can stop a FMJ 22 lr.
I won't recommend using one as primary gun for self defense.

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm
by Pradyumna
Are you sure Jees? You must have tried.

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:22 pm
by Bishop
It is mainly for tactical shooting drills.And .22 lr round is cheaper than 9mm.So it makes sense in using it for fun plinking and training.Coming to self defence scenario ,each round serves what it is designed for.

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 pm
by Jees
Pradyumna wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Are you sure Jees? You must have tried.
Well..not personally, but saw many Articles regarding how cell phones stop .22LR from handguns and many YouTubers actually tried to debunk this only to fail.

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm
by Jees
Poonacha1998 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:22 pm
It is mainly for tactical shooting drills.And .22 lr round is cheaper than 9mm.So it makes sense in using it for fun plinking and training.Coming to self defence scenario ,each round serves what it is designed for.
True..after all .22 LR hold the record of being the round with the most kills than any other handgun round

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:21 pm
by Shivaji.Dasgupta
Jees wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Pradyumna wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Are you sure Jees? You must have tried.
Well..not personally, but saw many Articles regarding how cell phones stop .22LR from handguns and many YouTubers actually tried to debunk this only to fail.
Bro .22 LR is not a .22 AR pellet. don't go with You tube trash. A .22 LR can kill a mid Size animal ( hog/deer/Monkey/Wolf/Jackal etc) in one shot.

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:16 pm
by russianshooter3
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:21 pm
Jees wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Pradyumna wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Are you sure Jees? You must have tried.
Well..not personally, but saw many Articles regarding how cell phones stop .22LR from handguns and many YouTubers actually tried to debunk this only to fail.
Bro .22 LR is not a .22 AR pellet. don't go with You tube trash. A .22 LR can kill a mid Size animal ( hog/deer/Monkey/Wolf/Jackal etc) in one shot.
really may kill wolf? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i think after you 22 lr, you be a good dinner for wolf like this, including 22 lr rifle in ass

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 pm
by russianshooter3
for wolf like this need minimum 3006 or 308 or 7,62x54r

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 pm
by eljefe
That is a huge wolf and deserving of the calibers mentioned Indian wolves are smaller. I have seen 40kg boar taken with a Brno mod 1 22. That is a huge animal for a .22, but it folded up and died. I’ve also shot 50-60kg boars with a .375 and 9.3 x62 which needed a couple of finishers. Before this gets into a the eternal argument of the efficacy of the .22LR, ( yes, I too have heard of the elephant with .22LR story)
It’s a good move on the part of Glock to introduce a platform for this caliber. Whether it will serve as a practice pistol, learners gun, or in countries like India - a primary gun, I’m sure it fill be a good,dependable firearm. Since a lot of gun ownership in India is based on self defence as primary reason, a couple of double taps in the vitals will be hard to ignore.

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:12 pm
by russianshooter3
eljefe wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 pm
That is a huge wolf and deserving of the calibers mentioned Indian wolves are smaller. I have seen 40kg boar taken with a Brno mod 1 22. That is a huge animal for a .22, but it folded up and died. I’ve also shot 50-60kg boars with a .375 and 9.3 x62 which needed a couple of finishers. Before this gets into a the eternal argument of the efficacy of the .22LR, ( yes, I too have heard of the elephant with .22LR story)
It’s a good move on the part of Glock to introduce a platform for this caliber. Whether it will serve as a practice pistol, learners gun, or in countries like India - a primary gun, I’m sure it fill be a good,dependable firearm. Since a lot of gun ownership in India is based on self defence as primary reason, a couple of double taps in the vitals will be hard to ignore.
for russian hunting laws minimal caliber for shooting wolf 7,62x39
i think government in russia not stupid in this question

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:42 pm
by Drameenkitekar
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Jees wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Pradyumna wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Are you sure Jees? You must have tried.
Well..not personally, but saw many Articles regarding how cell phones stop .22LR from handguns and many YouTubers actually tried to debunk this only to fail.
Bro .22 LR is not a .22 AR pellet. don't go with You tube trash. A .22 LR can kill a mid Size animal ( hog/deer/Monkey/Wolf/Jackal etc) in one shot.
Glock 44 in 22 lr will be available in price below 100K. Make another good reason to possess one.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk


Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:49 pm
by Shivaji.Dasgupta
eljefe wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 pm
That is a huge wolf and deserving of the calibers mentioned Indian wolves are smaller. I have seen 40kg boar taken with a Brno mod 1 22. That is a huge animal for a .22, but it folded up and died. I’ve also shot 50-60kg boars with a .375 and 9.3 x62 which needed a couple of finishers. Before this gets into a the eternal argument of the efficacy of the .22LR, ( yes, I too have heard of the elephant with .22LR story)
It’s a good move on the part of Glock to introduce a platform for this caliber. Whether it will serve as a practice pistol, learners gun, or in countries like India - a primary gun, I’m sure it fill be a good,dependable firearm. Since a lot of gun ownership in India is based on self defence as primary reason, a couple of double taps in the vitals will be hard to ignore.
Right You are eljefe, in 80's when the Vermin control was easy, i was in my school days. My Relatives used to shot Boar, Jackle and Wolf with .22. I think .22 is enough in most of this Animals ( except Russian Wolfs where it may need a 155 Howitzer or a 2S7 Pion depending on the Size). :D :D :D

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:03 pm
by eljefe

Re: Glock 44 - 22 lr

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:11 am
by Jees
Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:21 pm
Jees wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Pradyumna wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:02 pm
Are you sure Jees? You must have tried.
Well..not personally, but saw many Articles regarding how cell phones stop .22LR from handguns and many YouTubers actually tried to debunk this only to fail.
Bro .22 LR is not a .22 AR pellet. don't go with You tube trash. A .22 LR can kill a mid Size animal ( hog/deer/Monkey/Wolf/Jackal etc) in one shot.

Yes, it can given you are shooting it from a rifle or something with a longer Barrel am talking about 22 LR from a short Barreled handgun
And the YouTubers I am talking about tried to debunk the myth not create the myth. (Myth - Mobile phones can stop .22 LR)

And the articles I am talking about are from a book by Dr.
Di Maio(one of the greatest minds on this subject) so I guess that's a pretty good proof of certainty.