WEBLEY SCOTT SETS UP PLANT IN INDIA

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: WEBLEY SCOTT SETS UP PLANT IN INDIA

Post by russianshooter3 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:05 pm

partheus wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:36 pm
You're using a very Russian perspective to interpret the Indian situation vis-a-vis firearm effectiveness. Most countries in Europe are cold. Obviously people there are used to wearing a lot of heavy clothing which can act as a natural shield of sorts. They will never stop bullets, but all that padding can be enough to rob the projectile off its kinetic energy, which is why bigger, faster projectile may make sense there.

It's not the same here since India is a hot country and people roam around in t-shirts or round necks most of the time. A 32 ACP has more than enough KE to give the other guy something bigger to worry about while you bug out. Besides, a larger caliber bullet means your target has that much better chance of dying, in which case, there goes your legal leverage.
In present many bike light jackets using material like cordura and kevlar (aramid)
.32 and other caliber like this absolute ineffective without it
its mean if you start shooting in motorcycle driver in light jackets its absolute ineffective
70% transport in India its motorcycle....

For Advertising mail webmaster
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri May 15, 2020 7:21 pm

I have heard of those jackets. But nothing of the sort exists here as far as I know. Bike jackets here are still old school leather. Besides, the thugs and goons we need to worry about are not exactly tech-savvy or modern enough to know about jackets such as those :mrgreen:

There are also fully bulletproof normal street wear that are coming out that can stop everything up to a 44 magnum. But they are extremely uncommon. I only know of one company in India that is making them and they are custom made and expensive.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 am

Here is a video that talks about the safety features of a modern Smith & Wesson revolver. (Although I do own a Smith & Wesson revolver, please understand that I am a Colt man through and through. It is, however, easier to find information on S&W, because most people use them. However, stubborn old geezer that I am, I still prefer a Colt!)

This video is from the man who owns MidwayUSA, one of the largest gun supply stores on the internet. He's quite knowledgeable, and of course, wealthy enough to delve into many aspects of the enjoyment of guns.

Please watch closely, and you will see the diagonal trigger block that makes the revolver safe. The Colt mechanism, 40 years older, works similarly.

This is what I am talking about when I say a proper, modern revolver does not need an external safety mechanism if it has a competent, modern design.

[youtube][/youtube]
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:55 am

timmy wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 am
I am a Colt man through and through.
Im AK guy! and APS man - nice to meet you

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 am

timmy wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 am
Here is a video that talks about the safety features of a modern Smith & Wesson revolver. (Although I do own a Smith & Wesson revolver, please understand that I am a Colt man through and through. It is, however, easier to find information on S&W, because most people use them. However, stubborn old geezer that I am, I still prefer a Colt!)

Yes u r right I have seen colt and smith and wessons both but some thingh is different in colt revolver it is very simple and very smooth it was in 32 calibre another in 38 calibre which is PB bore in India with the colt one can hit the target easier may be Iam wrong.But colt have specific class of its own.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Wed May 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi , just spoke to webley guys today on messenger. They said first batch of revolver are ready . And will rollout in july onwards.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Wed May 20, 2020 9:44 pm

I have been told by one of their dealers they will roll out by juneend it is going to be smaaler barrel version but is non commital on price.Nishank have longer barrell is very smooth many Nishan models have been sold out .IOF will be launching 2 more models of 32 calibre revolvers soon FGK products r better also . 32 calibre is going to stay in India during our lifetime as it has largest customers also its amno is easily available.The goverment is going to permit smith and wessons and bushman arma manufacturing companies also for this it have to increase 2 weapon quota to 4 or 5 otherwise companies will pull out sonner or later.In shotgun Indian shot gun factories have also improved a lot in breechloading category but due PAG breech loading guns demand is going down badly.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu May 21, 2020 12:34 am

Lets see if 4/5 are allowed, but as of new law has been made in parliament so it is difficult to increase the limit .this was a foolish move by government in the first place .
Lets see how it goes .

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu May 21, 2020 12:52 am

I have booked sheik raptor pistol and was supposed to get delivery on 26th may . Due to lockdown will get in next month , Bansons arms dealer in mumbai is going to take the dealership will take the delivery from them when lockdown is over .

Will post the review as soon as the gun is in my hand ,so that members on this forum can take the advice and see if they want to buy one .

AryanK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by AryanK » Thu May 21, 2020 1:42 am

Dear Sourabh ... great information - do you know when we key will start delivery of Pistol’s in India - .32 and .22 ?

Also is Bansons taking the dealership for sheikh arms you said ?

Look forward to your review on that pistol.

Thanks

AryanK
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by AryanK » Thu May 21, 2020 1:51 am

Sorry I meant when will Webley start their delivery of Pistol’s - as you mentioned about revolvers next month onwards.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Thu May 21, 2020 7:16 am

dsingh wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:44 pm
I have been told by one of their dealers they will roll out by juneend it is going to be smaaler barrel version but is non commital on price.Nishank have longer barrell is very smooth many Nishan models have been sold out .IOF will be launching 2 more models of 32 calibre revolvers soon FGK products r better also . 32 calibre is going to stay in India during our lifetime as it has largest customers also its amno is easily available.The goverment is going to permit smith and wessons and bushman arma manufacturing companies also for this it have to increase 2 weapon quota to 4 or 5 otherwise companies will pull out sonner or later.In shotgun Indian shot gun factories have also improved a lot in breechloading category but due PAG breech loading guns demand is going down badly.
That's interesting. Where did you hear that Smith and Wesson is coming to India?

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Thu May 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Webley is delivery revolver from july . Smith and wesson are also planning to come i also heard it from dealer in bengal .

Bansons are going to take dealership of sheik pistol , so one can book online or from them and take delivery from them .

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Thu May 21, 2020 3:58 pm

partheus wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:16 am
dsingh wrote:
I
That's interesting. Where did you hear that Smith and Wesson is coming to India?
U.S have signed MOU with USA for allowing arm manufacturing companies to set up their units in all categories including civillian arms in India. One noida based company file is pending before home department for manufaturing shotguns with German partnership which is consisdered best in world it is going to be cleared soon as Union goverment have signed MOU with Germany way back. Bushman inculdes colt shares also as colt was declared bnakrupt and it merged with bushman arm manufacturing company largest manufacturing company in world with its shares in Glock etc is main compititor of smith and wessons.If produts r not sold due to rigid arms act then companies will be forced to pull out but goverment have to change arms act with radical changes .

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:14 pm

dsingh wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:58 pm
partheus wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:16 am
dsingh wrote:
I
U.S have signed MOU with USA for allowing arm manufacturing companies to set up their units in all categories including civillian arms in India. One noida based company file is pending before home department for manufaturing shotguns with German partnership which is consisdered best in world it is going to be cleared soon as Union goverment have signed MOU with Germany way back. Bushman inculdes colt shares also as colt was declared bnakrupt and it merged with bushman arm manufacturing company largest manufacturing company in world with its shares in Glock etc is main compititor of smith and wessons.If produts r not sold due to rigid arms act then companies will be forced to pull out but goverment have to change arms act with radical changes .
so far it's only gossip....
Since 2016 many arms company interesting indian civil gun market,but indian government with one hand allowed the production of weapons to private companies, with the other hand the government reduced the limit of weapons that a citizen of India can own to two!
Many european and american arms companies with whom I have connections, called it - "take my bhang"
and entering the Indian market is closed for them for the next 5-10 years...