New .32 Pistol Launched by SHEIKH ARMS

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
RAVI RANJAN
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

New .32 Pistol Launched by SHEIKH ARMS

Post by RAVI RANJAN » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Hello friends,

I just saw a video on YouTube about a new .32 Pistol Launched by Sheikh Arms Company, who are based in Himachal Pradesh.

https://youtu.be/km_u5qZRQWM

Video claimed that the price quoted for a pistol with 7 shot magazine is roughly 1.3 lakhs,

Does anyone else have any idea about it?

For Advertising mail webmaster
partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New .32 Pistol Launched by SHEIKH ARMS

Post by partheus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:55 am

Thank god they lost the Bond 007 billboard on the slide :) I'd wait till the end of the year before buying any of these. Webley's products are expected to be launched this year and hopefully Taurus along with Glock too will make it to the market. That should do good things to the price...

χάος
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by χάος » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Looks promising!
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻
Adios'

V

Guns don't kill people - POLICIES DO
What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher. what we can't understand we call nonsense. What we can't read we call gibberish.

RAVI RANJAN
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by RAVI RANJAN » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:32 pm

partheus wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:55 am
Thank god they lost the Bond 007 billboard on the slide :) I'd wait till the end of the year before buying any of these. Webley's products are expected to be launched this year and hopefully Taurus along with Glock too will make it to the market. That should do good things to the price...
Even if new player's keep their prices higher, we can atleast rejoice to the fact that , Indian gunowners will have more options and better quality handguns than what IOF is currently providing.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi , i am booked a pistol from sheikh arms 7 shot priced at Rs. 1.30 lakh
Delivery is scheduled on 27th of may .waiting period is 4/5 months, which is very long and these guys will loose business if not dealt with waiting period soon ,as glock will be launching mostly in april of this year

Will post videos , photos and review of the pistol as soon i get it have requested them to give the weapon before the delivery date but I don’t think they are positive about it .

Lets hope for the best will keep you guys updated.

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:23 pm

Looks more so a copy of LLAMA .32 ACP Pistol. Hope the copy is better then the original as is in many cases.

Marksman

RAVI RANJAN
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by RAVI RANJAN » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:34 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:20 pm
Delivery is scheduled on 27th of may .waiting period is 4/5 months, which is very long and these guys will loose business if not dealt with waiting period soon ,as glock will be launching mostly in april of this year

Will post videos , photos and review of the pistol as soon i get it have requested them to give the weapon before the delivery date but I don’t think they are positive about it .

Lets hope for the best will keep you guys updated.
Hope the Pistol is as good as claimed by Sheikh Arms,

Eagerly waiting for your review. :)

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Glock news is not true. Please post source of information.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:48 pm

Have spoke to them on the phone 3-4 times, they are waiting for final clearance from government and are into business from last 10 years making gun for india governments in tamil nadu .
They will mostly get the permission in next month lets see i am also waiting.

dpdhaka
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dpdhaka » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Vineet wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 pm
sourabhsangale wrote:
Glock news is not true. Please post source of information.
Vineetji you can see here ...assurance by SSS Defence manufacturer of glock pistols and amunition with CBC of brazil .In the thirteenth min he said .we are working for civilians also.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:08 pm

I believe Saurabh was referring to Countermeasure Technologies, a company based in Tamil Nadu which is Glock's affiliate in India. News around the block is that they are planning to launch Glock 25, 28 and 42 for civilians in India. All the three pistols are chambered in 380 auto which is a npb cartridge. There was a video of the 2019 police expo in pragati maidan, Delhi posted here in which CMT reps do indeed state they were launching their products for the civilian market here. The video posted above is of SSS technologies, another private defense contractor which is coming out with a line of rifles for the armed forces, not civilians.

That being said, unlike Webley which has a website for India, CMT has made no visible effort to let the market know they are coming, hence the suspicion whether their claims are true or not. Aside from a pre-order form (https://cmtpl.com/GlockPreOrder.html) which I have always found to be closed and which says it will open one month hence due to overwhelming demand, we have no official confirmation whether their products are on their way or not.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Yes you’re right brother was referring to that only . The no mention there is always switched of but one lucky day the guy received my call and had a very long talk with him ,Recently spoke to him again on 22 march he said everything is in final stage even pistol are ready and there will be no waiting period , not more than 1 month.
They are just planning like webley to appoint master dealer in country.
They are also planning on how to make a setup to sell to civilian market.
And are awaiting clearance from central government.
Mostly in next month we will hear the news .
Lets hope for the best .

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:49 pm

CMT doesn't have license to manufacture firearms. Please contact them and ask them to show license on Form VII as per Arms Rules 2016. Form VII is needed for manufacturing firearms in India.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

GurnaniM
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by GurnaniM » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 pm

Sadly when it comes to Semi Autos in Indian Handgun market the information available is simply not enough.

For Example: Sheikh Arms have still not shared any shooting or takedown video of their Raptor. Yes since its based on 1911 there would be inherent similarity but minor differences do exist in 1911 platforms. neither is it known that if it is based on the 70 model or 80 model of 1911, can the raptor be fitted with aftermarket grips sights etc. which are available for 1911 platform.

For their 14shot pistol Storm the picture shown on the product page is on the lines of larger version ppk/s or maybe a Bersa thunder plus and it does say that it is a double action. But the moment you click for product details the picture changes to that of raptor. so it is confusing what it is is it a 2011 type 1911 which uses a double stack or is it a DASA pistol that is walther inspired. Other details & features are missing too what safety mechanisms does it have, how does it breakdown, dimensions etc. and this is currently priced at the top most level for shiekh arms.

Moving on to Webley similar situation apart from a 3d model of a mordern looking semi suto there isnt much that can be understood for thier .32 12 round pistol expected to be available later in the year.. and given that webley has primarily served as revolver maker for handguns ( apart from the bit ugly mutated semi autos they produced in the earlier part of last century) it doesn't give a lot of goodwill/ confidence to a prospective buyer .. yes our country has a stringent bunch of clearance levels required for arms product launches but as a prospective buyer i want to know more just having a brand stamo doesn't help as in essence the company is very much a new entity run domestically with a licensed name stamp so R&D esp since the product is entirely on a new platform & India's 1st polymer frame handgun..

Considering our license situation here it is not a possibility to own multiple guns and we are literally putting our lives on the reliability of the weapons we own, I wish both companies do revisit their website and marketing outreach strategy.

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 pm

Lets wait and watch.