Firearm training certificate.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
vikashyadav806
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Firearm training certificate.

Post by vikashyadav806 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi everyone,
I am looking forward to apply for an arms license
In delhi but before that I need to collect all the required documents but I am stuck at this firearm training certificate.
I don't know where can I get my training in Delhi, if anyone have any information about it ,please let me know.
Thankyou!

For Advertising mail webmaster
ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Firearm training certificate.

Post by ASIF007 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 pm

I think after 2016 its mandatory to have a Firearm Training Certificate before applying for an Arms Licence in many states. Join a local Rifle/Shotgun Club, Delhi has many Clubs. They may isssue you a certificate after a couple of months of your joining. Then you should ideally start applying for the same.

Regards

Vishnu2017
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vishnu2017 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:10 pm

As a gun enthusiast and also working in Revenue Dept in Tamilnadu. From past 4 years , here they requires S1 Form for applying fire arm License, it may be from a rifle club or a Renowned shooter, reason for this is you have to prove ,
that you are able to handle a firearm , fit to use and posses, if you find any of the Renowned shooter in your region you can approach him and get proper training to handle a weapons after your training is satisfactorily completed , you may be signed with S1 form, good luck..
DECIDE, COMMIT, SUCCEED (y) :D

Som23
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Som23 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:38 pm

ASIF007 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 pm
I think after 2016 its mandatory to have a Firearm Training Certificate before applying for an Arms Licence in many states. Join a local Rifle/Shotgun Club, Delhi has many Clubs. They may isssue you a certificate after a couple of months of your joining. Then you should ideally start applying for the same.

Regards
Hi. Is a local rifle club qualified to issue S1 form after training course is completed under their guidance?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:02 am

No they are not but if you are a member of NRAI or it’s affiliated club then merely having their membership is enough. Then training certificate is not required.

But again different rules are followed at different places so you will have to check at your district arms branch.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.