Glock India New Website Launched! Pre-booking instructions.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Glock India New Website Launched! Pre-booking instructions.

Post by timmy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:32 am

Ambi, UDAYANJADHAV, pgupta:

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your points, but cultural fabric and heritage with regard to firearms seems to me to be something India should step out from and progress, not maintain. IOF makes the 30-06, the 315, the Ashani, and the Revolver. None of these can be truly said to be Indian designs in a cultural sense. I see two British designs, one American, and one German.

Opening the arms market would appear to promise the development of Indian firearms and the development of a culture and fabric of modern firearms. Today, we have ceramics, carbon fiber, 3-D printing, and all sorts of new and exciting materials, coatings, and processes that can apply to firearms. Considering Indian fabric and culture in the Sciences, engineering, metallurgy, and other avenues of research and development, along with the prevalence of "tinkering" and applying existing devices and principles in new forms, why wouldn't it be possible for India to become a player in global firearms development, just as it has in Science and software, to name two fields of endeavor?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

For Advertising mail webmaster
lasershark
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by lasershark » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:43 am

I think, if we have a solution to engage constructively with the bureaucracy, figure out marketing, ensure quality control, and then add in the creativity from our culture, we would have a bonanza! :cheers:
timmy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:32 am

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your points, but cultural fabric and heritage with regard to firearms seems to me to be something India should step out from and progress, not maintain. IOF makes the 30-06, the 315, the Ashani, and the Revolver. None of these can be truly said to be Indian designs in a cultural sense. I see two British designs, one American, and one German.

Opening the arms market would appear to promise the development of Indian firearms and the development of a culture and fabric of modern firearms. Today, we have ceramics, carbon fiber, 3-D printing, and all sorts of new and exciting materials, coatings, and processes that can apply to firearms. Considering Indian fabric and culture in the Sciences, engineering, metallurgy, and other avenues of research and development, along with the prevalence of "tinkering" and applying existing devices and principles in new forms, why wouldn't it be possible for India to become a player in global firearms development, just as it has in Science and software, to name two fields of endeavor?

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:05 am

timmy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:32 am

Well Sir, this is exactly what I said and meant. Apologies if it turned out to be a bit cryptic.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

Ambi
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Ambi » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:26 pm

timmy sir
Qp(post_id=269666 )

The cultural fabric I had in mind was, our disregard for our past, not striving to remove the deficiencies and ensure freedom for our country for all time to come.
As for 'gun culture' of the Government, it thinks that everybody owing a gun will start shooting and killing indiscriminately.
The culture of gun manufacturers is:- this is my product, no guarantee for quality or reliability. take it or leave it.
Culture of gun lovers is to be undemanding and accept what is available.
The 'cultural' belief of most people vis a vis gun ownership is to agree with the government's restrictive policy.
I don't see any silver lining for relaxation of gun ownership laws, or improvement of quality and durability, or the attitude of people even after a century.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:08 pm

Ambi wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:26 pm
timmy sir
Qp(post_id=269666 )

The cultural fabric I had in mind was, our disregard for our past, not striving to remove the deficiencies and ensure freedom for our country for all time to come.
As for 'gun culture' of the Government, it thinks that everybody owing a gun will start shooting and killing indiscriminately.
The culture of gun manufacturers is:- this is my product, no guarantee for quality or reliability. take it or leave it.
Culture of gun lovers is to be undemanding and accept what is available.
The 'cultural' belief of most people vis a vis gun ownership is to agree with the government's restrictive policy.
I don't see any silver lining for relaxation of gun ownership laws, or improvement of quality and durability, or the attitude of people even after a century.
For sure, Ambi, for sure. There are reasons to think that the status quo will remain in place. But just like every task or journey begins with a first step, changing attitudes begins with changing one mind at a time -- not always the quickest or easiest thing to accomplish. We can be sure, however, that nothing will change if no challenge is mounted.

We share our enjoyment and experience here as one way of attempting the seemingly impossible -- as many have done in the past.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Joe999 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:34 pm
timmy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:01 pm
Joe999 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:41 am
I love American toys as well and am not advocating the against but rather trying to discuss if in the near future, GOI would change. Imagine the amount of business Beretta and Glock would make from Indian markets if they were to sell them at the cost of a modern smart phone.
Beretta = Italian

Glock = Austrian

American toys?
timmy wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:54 am

Would you help me to reconcile these two statements? Thank you.

(Remember, we operate a STRICTLY LEGAL forum here!)
I still have not read your explanation of how you know that "there are so many Berettas and Glocks available" and yet, "they are almost impossible to find."
American toys is nickname for fancy western (non-desi) guns seen in Hollywood.

Sorry, forgot to answer the black market part.

Most reputed gun dealers have unlicensed Berettas and Glocks or can source them for heavy costs. However, they do this for their own selective list of associates (politicians, gangsters and celebrities).

I have seen many youtube videos of Indian gangsters flaunting their Glocks and Berettas. No it's not pakistan but India.
I would suggest, take a breath.....
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

drag73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by drag73 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:03 pm

Where is Glock? The subject to discuss under this Topic is Glock. Two people were laughing and said that " You will know only after May 15". Where are they hiding? Why can't you come out of your holes and answer there question ? I am not criticizing anyone , only holding them responsible to their words. Please answer....

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:08 am

Joe999 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:34 pm
I have seen many youtube videos of Indian gangsters flaunting their Glocks and Berettas. No it's not pakistan but India.
The Glocks and Berettas that gangsters have in India are Darra/ Pakistan made copies. They are smuggled into India as we share very long border with Pakistan and 100% sealing of border is not there due to terrian and other issues.

The original Glocks and Berettas don't land in grey market easily and if available, are too expensive for gangsters to buy.

Here is a pic of Sig Sauer made in Pakistan
20210626_070438.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:56 am

I don't know about the mechanics, but wow the finishing is masterclass IOF looks like a Desi katta in comparison.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:46 pm

drag73 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:03 pm
Where is Glock? The subject to discuss under this Topic is Glock. Two people were laughing and said that " You will know only after May 15". Where are they hiding? Why can't you come out of your holes and answer there question ? I am not criticizing anyone , only holding them responsible to their words. Please answer....
ROTFL
This is rather very strong result . Do not expect anything according to a plan until it actually happens in the country .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Brijesh chawla
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Brijesh chawla » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 pm

I want to book glock44 .22 pistal

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Brijesh chawla wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 pm
I want to book glock44 .22 pistal
You desired and you shall have it. Let's us know your experience with it so that forum members can learn from your experience.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:36 pm

Any news or info about glock launch? It's 2022 and their website still says that they will deliver in 2021.

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:06 pm

UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:36 pm
Any news or info about glock launch? It's 2022 and their website still says that they will deliver in 2021.
there are some rumour that they may start by year end. 2 months back when i had a talk with a webley india senior person, he very confidently said glock does not have license to manufacture and sell arms to civilians and it will take 2-3 years at least for it to start.
since cmtpl is not responding to any query, its all rumour for me with no hope for it in near future.

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:51 am

That is sad news, I was so excited about global brands making in India.