7.62 mm Pistol, Malhotra Defence, Meerut

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 7.62 mm Pistol, Malhotra Defence, Meerut

Post by Vineet » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:05 pm

pistolero wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:32 pm
Well im not going into the 1930 vs 2020 debate. The Hi Power and 1911 hold their own against current EDC firearms.
By 1930 design I meant that tokarev can not be safely carried with a round in the chamber. Therefore it doesn't fit in modern day edc pistol demand.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:55 pm

Just like the bebli iscott having a dedicated fan following, there will be a market for this-if ammo is affordable and its safe enough, shoots close to point of aim,and safety aesthetics be damned. Will we be looking at an IPSC level souped up, tricked out handgun like the Tanfoglio and Colts etc? not for a looong time. Not unless the present generation of gun aware people make the demand and create a market.It has been a seller's market since 1984. All of a sudden , the Indian shooters are awash in stuff that we only dreamed about.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Vineet wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:05 pm
pistolero wrote:
Well im not going into the 1930 vs 2020 debate. The Hi Power and 1911 hold their own against current EDC firearms.
By 1930 design I meant that tokarev can not be safely carried with a round in the chamber. Therefore it doesn't fit in modern day edc pistol demand.
Totally Agree

The biggest problem I see among license holders is a large %age is untrained. Its more of a status symbol. TT was a good stop gap, when there was nothing. I believe Tangfolio is also coming, so is a whole lot of other manufacturers. The problem is the market is too small.

Unless there is more liberal licensing, this whole exercise of local manufacturing will come to a grinding halt for the civilian market.
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:38 pm

pistolero wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:04 pm
I believe Tangfolio is also coming, so is a whole lot of other manufacturers. The problem is the market is too small.

Unless there is more liberal licensing, this whole exercise of local manufacturing will come to a grinding halt for the civilian market.
Tangfolio is coming to India? That's really hard to believe. Which other manufacturers are now on their way? The Glock rumor came true, I guess it's ok to dream big now :D

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Vineet wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:03 pm
Timmy, what about safety on Zastava pistol that has safety on slide.
Vineet, I can't comment on that Zastava safety one way or another, as I have not handled it. Generally speaking, though, I tend toward positive safeties that actually block the firing mechanism, hammer or striker, or ones that have some sort of transfer block. All of this has largely fallen out of fashion in firearms design.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:13 pm

pistolero wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:04 pm
Vineet wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:05 pm
pistolero wrote:
Totally Agree

The biggest problem I see among license holders is a large %age is untrained. Its more of a status symbol. TT was a good stop gap, when there was nothing. I believe Tangfolio is also coming, so is a whole lot of other manufacturers. The problem is the market is too small.

The user is certainly another factor that must be considered.

Please don't get me wrong: in the present situation (before any gun makers have offered new designs, or at least modified designs) choosing a TT pistol over an Ashanti or IOF revolver does have its merits, and may not be a wrong decision, depending on many other factors, including the user. It is a strong, reliable weapon chambered in a very capable cartridge, compared to 32 Auto and 32 S&W Long.

The part of selecting a TT for everyday carry does very much concern the user, however: how familiar is the user with the weapon and its attributes, and how willing and able are they to work within those constraints is certainly an issue.

This does also correspond to the current ammunition limit and the ability of users to practice and develop the necessary skills to carry a TT. Speaking for myself, I can only provide what I know about this matter, but cannot judge each individual's capabilities and situations. I trust that, as intelligent beings, my Grandmother's saying thaat "a word to the wise is sufficient" and allow folks to think about what others say here and what I say here, and apply what they gather as necessary.

Certainly, it would be my opinion that anyone carrying a firearm as a status symbol is the wrong kind of person to be carrying one in the first place. The mentality needed to carry a firearm is a sober assessment of one's capabilities, and those of the firearm they are carrying. A person who carries has a responsibility to carry and use a firearm with respect to those around them, in that they recognize the responsibility they are taking upon themselves, not only in the carry and use of the weapon, but also in keeping that weapon out of the hands of criminals and those who are unable to handle it properly. If this is not done, then the government will step in and set measures restricting everyone's rights, and usually in an ignorant manner.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:17 am

eljefe wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:55 pm

...... All of a sudden , the Indian shooters are awash in stuff that we only dreamed about.
Not yet.. not yet :)

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:28 pm

TT33 / Type54 is an old design. But I like it. It is easy to field strip and very easy to maintain. My father owns a Type54.

The only safety on it is that you keep the magazine out, keep the chamber empty and control your finger. Malhotras should at least add a safety to it. Many Copies have safety, like Zastava as mentioned by Vineet ji.

Talking about its ammo, its easily available in India and its all imported. The 7.62x25 mm FMJ is better at penetration as compared to 9x19mm Parabellum.

It is the favourite design of gunsmiths at Dara Adam Khel.

Regards

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Has anyone contacted Malhotra defence for any more info regarding this?

sourabhsangale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sourabhsangale » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Had spoken to them . They said January they will launch and delivery will be in 3 months. Price and everything will be reviled in jan .

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:09 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:11 pm
Had spoken to them . They said January they will launch and delivery will be in 3 months. Price and everything will be reviled in jan .
Wow! That'd be great.

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:02 pm

sourabhsangale wrote:
every news on private arms manufacturing is good news for us,

if malhotra sons launch their products in january, we'll have good opportunity to choose best weapons between malhotra & glock,

i've heard that they are making 1911 in .45 as well alongwith 7.62.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

LOKENDRAJIT
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by LOKENDRAJIT » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:20 pm

Price, around Rs 1 lakh

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by miroflex » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:01 pm

asifalikhanasif wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:02 pm
sourabhsangale wrote:
every news on private arms manufacturing is good news for us,

if malhotra sons launch their products in january, we'll have good opportunity to choose best weapons between malhotra & glock,

i've heard that they are making 1911 in .45 as well alongwith 7.62.

Now that January 2021 is here, have you heard from Malhotra Sons about the launch of their products?
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Ayush_3005
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ayush_3005 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:51 am

Someone has posted these pics in a gun owners group on facebook..... Finishing is very good as compared to raptor and made in india webley..... Fingers crossed brothers 🤞 :mrgreen:

I think group settings for post viewing aren't public, attaching a screenshot of that fb post too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.