Does anyone know the price of the licensed hi power made by iof?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Does anyone know the price of the licensed hi power made by iof?

Post by KDS991213 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:46 pm

I want to the price of that gun, I think it's called pistol auto 9mm 1a or something like that?

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Does anyone know the price of the licensed hi power made by iof?

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Are you asking for the price at which Armed Forces purchase it from IOF? Or the Police forces?

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:07 pm

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:08 pm
Are you asking for the price at which Armed Forces purchase it from IOF? Or the Police forces?
anything would be useful

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:11 am

To the best of my knowledge they are not for sale to civilians. Also, the 9mm NATO round is restricted. You will need the so called PB license.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:44 am

Vikram wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:11 am
To the best of my knowledge they are not for sale to civilians. Also, the 9mm NATO round is restricted. You will need the so called PB license.
I'll soon be applying for a manufacturer's license so that's not a issue, there's something I need to check in that gun. I've tried to contact iof factories but didn't get anything.

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:55 am

KDS991213 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:44 am
Vikram wrote:
I'll soon be applying for a manufacturer's license so that's not a issue, there's something I need to check in that gun. I've tried to contact iof factories but didn't get anything.
What will you be manufacturing enlighten us more about your venture. sounds interesting. :D

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:00 pm

surajshuresh wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:55 am
KDS991213 wrote:
Vikram wrote:
What will you be manufacturing enlighten us more about your venture. sounds interesting. :D
I'm sorry but i can't. I've talked to countless gun manufacturers & almost all of them have recommended me to keep my mouth shut unless i'm mere weeks away from launching a product. According to their words - i will face a big blowback from the pent up hype if my products don't live up to the expectations & possibly cannibalize my own existing stuff.

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:39 pm

I'm sorry but i can't. I've talked to countless gun manufacturers & almost all of them have recommended me to keep my mouth shut unless i'm mere weeks away from launching a product. According to their words - i will face a big blowback from the pent up hype if my products don't live up to the expectations & possibly cannibalize my own existing stuff.
[/quote]

Well no worries all the best in your venture. Was curious as i am also from a business background and i have done extensive research into manufacturing arms and ammo in India as i am also interested to venture in to it and even new rules allowing private people. It is a difficult task and lot of risk involved as a business with substantial setup and operation cost even before we think of making money because of the restricted gun laws for civilians and all the red tape in government sales. Even the blue chip companies are having a hard time another issue is all the suppression we had with the gun laws because of this we dont have the pool of people with the technical knowledge and experience, Hence the tie up with foreign companies. We all have seen all the big tie ups with major manufactures but where are the guns? After getting the license and permit to manufacture lot of security protocol and compliance work to follow as given in the security manual of department of defence production.

In any ways share any information and experiences you come across in the process of getting the license or other things if possible as it will help people who want to venture in to manufacturing like me to have a better understanding. I have done the same with my pistol import TR.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:35 pm

KDS991213 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:00 pm
surajshuresh wrote:
KDS991213 wrote:

All the best for your future project.
Here the other members already mentioned the pros and cons of this trade, I myself find that in one hand civilian gun manufacturers are struggling with red tape system, typical Brits pattern gun laws, lack of buyers and most of all huge corruption below the surface. And in other hand the defence purchase is still not the cup of tea for Indian Manufacturers except IOF. Apart from IOF Sig, Glock, Beretta, weably and Scott, S&W, FN etc are in the purchase list for small arms but I have not seen that any order is yet to go to any domestic manufacturer for a pump action SG or some other products when most of shotgun manufacturers are capable enough to make a defence standard Pump action SG and other small arms.
In India manufacturing is not an issue, but to sale it at a profitable price and qty is really a luck
Regards

Shivaji

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:26 pm

KDS991213 wrote:
Vikram wrote:
If you get your manufacturing license, I believe you can import for modelling and testing purposes. You are better off talking to the relevant departments.
In terms of market, people are besotted with Glocks and Glock type pistols. I doubt there is a large enough market for Browning Hi-Power type of pistols. All the best anyway. I hope you do well.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:27 pm

KDS991213 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:46 pm
I want to the price of that gun, I think it's called pistol auto 9mm 1a or something like that?
I am not sure whether they can sell to a civilian if one has Restricted License and NOC from Central Home Ministry to purchase from factory.

But if I was to guess the price then I would guess between 1.50 to 2 lacs.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:27 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:27 pm
KDS991213 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:46 pm
I am not sure whether they can sell to a civilian if one has Restricted License and NOC from Central Home Ministry to purchase from factory.

But if I was to guess the price then I would guess between 1.50 to 2 lacs.
Why are these guns so expensive? Do we pay more taxes or are people taking advantage of the market or are our industries inefficient? What's really going on?

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:30 pm

Vikram wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:26 pm
KDS991213 wrote:
Vikram wrote:
If you get your manufacturing license, I believe you can import for modelling and testing purposes. You are better off talking to the relevant departments.
In terms of market, people are besotted with Glocks and Glock type pistols. I doubt there is a large enough market for Browning Hi-Power type of pistols. All the best anyway. I hope you do well.
Thanks, I was looking at a 2 bird 1 stone type situation, I not only want to tinker with that piece but I also want to look at the quality of their manufacturing so i could offload some of my work to them.

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:33 pm

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:35 pm
KDS991213 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:00 pm
surajshuresh wrote:

All the best for your future project.
Here the other members already mentioned the pros and cons of this trade, I myself find that in one hand civilian gun manufacturers are struggling with red tape system, typical Brits pattern gun laws, lack of buyers and most of all huge corruption below the surface. And in other hand the defence purchase is still not the cup of tea for Indian Manufacturers except IOF. Apart from IOF Sig, Glock, Beretta, weably and Scott, S&W, FN etc are in the purchase list for small arms but I have not seen that any order is yet to go to any domestic manufacturer for a pump action SG or some other products when most of shotgun manufacturers are capable enough to make a defence standard Pump action SG and other small arms.
In India manufacturing is not an issue, but to sale it at a profitable price and qty is really a luck
Thanks, I hope that in future our gun laws are improved.

KDS991213
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by KDS991213 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:38 pm

surajshuresh wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:39 pm
Well no worries all the best in your venture. Was curious as i am also from a business background and i have done extensive research into manufacturing arms and ammo in India as i am also interested to venture in to it and even new rules allowing private people. It is a difficult task and lot of risk involved as a business with substantial setup and operation cost even before we think of making money because of the restricted gun laws for civilians and all the red tape in government sales. Even the blue chip companies are having a hard time another issue is all the suppression we had with the gun laws because of this we dont have the pool of people with the technical knowledge and experience, Hence the tie up with foreign companies. We all have seen all the big tie ups with major manufactures but where are the guns? After getting the license and permit to manufacture lot of security protocol and compliance work to follow as given in the security manual of department of defence production.

In any ways share any information and experiences you come across in the process of getting the license or other things if possible as it will help people who want to venture in to manufacturing like me to have a better understanding. I have done the same with my pistol import TR.
[/quote]

Thanks, I will share my experience as things go forward.