Malhotrasons Defence .45 1911 pistol pictures (Made in India)

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
rs123in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Malhotrasons Defence .45 1911 pistol pictures (Made in India)

Post by rs123in » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:20 am

Firearms prices in India are highly Overrated, watch out my detailed analysis on Import Ban and reason for overpriced weapon in our country.

Watch Part 3 and other parts for sequential flow of information and detailed view of my original research, condensed by using experience and knowledge in this field.

Thanks and Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:00 am

Vineet wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:29 am
Malhotras won’t be able to find many buyers. At 1.85 lac, there are not many buyers for Indian Webley revolvers.
someone else said the same that its not getting sold too much.
recently saw a small side column news piece in a newspaper regarding webley that the first private company has come up with a very good one, people are going gaga over it and it is unable to match the demand and therefore after bookings, at least 2 months time will be taken to supply. looks like it was paid news.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:20 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:24 pm
UDAYANJADHAV wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:43 am
Vineet ji what about .45 ammo? I think each pop goes above 200 rs and it's not available at all dealers.
Import of ammo hasn’t come from last two years so current price is around Rs. 300 each and will go up if import doesn’t come in.
I thought gun shop owners could freely import ammo for firearms they've sold up to a certain limit. Or is there another way spare parts and ammo can be ordered?

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:01 pm

To import ammo, permission is needed from DGFT. Currently they are not granting permissions.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:07 pm

Vineet wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:01 pm
To import ammo, permission is needed from DGFT. Currently they are not granting permissions.
.45 is a PB. And ammo is the billion dollar question

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:25 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:07 pm
.45 is a PB. And ammo is the billion dollar question
.45 is not PB. In pistols only 9 mm Luger (9x19) is PB. In revolver calibers 38/200 and .455 are PB. Except these three calibers in handguns, no other caliber is PB.

Actually the word PB has been replaced by the word ‘Restricted’ in the Arms Rules 2016.
Vineet Armoury

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:50 am

I agree . but the licencing blokes in many places have their own way of interpretration of any technical details. I had a tough time with a corrupt clerk who insisted that my 30-06 IOf is Indeed a 7.62 caliber and cannot be entered in my licence. There are many cases and sufferers . I just want to highlight this will ful mis interpretation.
Ok that is a different matter. Now comming to our .45 caliber, this caliber is almost non existent in the civilian market in the Indian context. If they produce ammo at nominal prices, then it is feasible to buy. I wonder why they hve selected this caliber when the 9mm is become the norm for law and military. Anyway good to see a lot of competetions in the hand gun market in India.
Another phenomenon is the release of some '' Launching "" news when even before the factory is built. ( Glock, Taurus, CZ)

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:40 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:50 am
I wonder why they hve selected this caliber when the 9mm is become the norm for law and military.
9 mm is PB (restricted) caliber. How would civilians buy it ?
Vineet Armoury

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:01 pm

EkManushya wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:00 am
Vineet wrote:
Malhotras won’t be able to find many buyers. At 1.85 lac, there are not many buyers for Indian Webley revolvers.
recently saw a small side column news piece in a newspaper regarding webley that the first private company has come up with a very good one, people are going gaga over it and it is unable to match the demand and therefore after bookings, at least 2 months time will be taken to supply. looks like it was paid news.
I have started suspecting that Sial gun dealer people from Lucknow and Kanpur have themselves started manufacturing these guns in the name of Webley . They're also the master dealers for the gun in those cities.

They may have paid some money to Webley&Scott for using their name but that's all . The actual product is as similar and shoddy to OFB guns as can be . Maybe they are buying raw materials or spares from the same vendors as well .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:41 pm

Woods wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:01 pm
EkManushya wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:00 am
Vineet wrote:
I have started suspecting that Sial gun dealer people from Lucknow and Kanpur have themselves started manufacturing these guns in the name of Webley . They're also the master dealers for the gun in those cities.

They may have paid some money to Webley&Scott for using their name but that's all . The actual product is as similar and shoddy to OFB guns as can be . Maybe they are buying raw materials or spares from the same vendors as well .
as per sial, they are Indian partners in this venture

rs123in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rs123in » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:29 pm

My take on MSD 1911, every caliber has its purpose and its fan base. Just like cars, trucks, and sports teams there are people out there that love one and hate the other, or think one is terrible and the other is great. This is the reason there are so many options to choose. I don’t know anyone that does not like the .45 caliber, its famous and good, no doubt. But, personally I don’t like it, and rarely recommend it, since I feel its an overkill. I prefer the .22 caliber. I know people that hate the .22 and wouldn’t carry anything other than a .45,.38,.32 etc. That’s the great thing about choice. Just remember when it comes to all the varieties of rounds out there, no one is wrong and no one is right. Everyone must choose what is best for themselves.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:46 am

A great deal of the effect of various cartridges on the target has to do with: 1., bullet placement, 2., bullet penetration, and 3., bullet expansion (if any).

Not so long ago, reliable expansion of slow-moving pistol/revolver bullets was not available. The only way, in other words, to get a bigger hole in the target was to use a larger diameter bullet.

Nowadays, there are bullets that provide reliable expansion at pistol velocities, so obtaining a larger hole in the target is achievable by selecting these new "wonder bullets." However, I seriously doubt that such bullets are easily obtained in India. Here, I'm talking about bullets such as Hornady Critical Duty and Critical Defense, Speer Gold Dot, Federal Premium HST, and Remington Golden Saber. (There are many others; I'm only citing these as examples of modern bullets which may not be available in India.) This leveling, for instance, of the bullet performance capabilities between the 45 Auto and the 9mm means that the advantage of the smaller 9mm is that more rounds can be carried in the gun and on your person and that the gun itself can be made slimmer and more compact without a performance penalty. These are big advantages, especially in a concealed carry situation.

However, 9mm is a very difficult proposition in India, so perhaps it should be removed from consideration in most such discussions.

There is the 380, but it is expensive. One round that you do not list is the 7.62 x 25 mm round used in "Star" pistols. This round has the same energy as 9mm and 45 Auto. Some claim it has too much penetration, and it certainly does have a lot of this, driving what is essentially a 32 Auto bullet at 1300 to 1400 f/s.

There are issues with a 22, and one is that rimfire ammunition isn't as reliable as centerfire-primed ammunition. This is one reason for the 25 Auto round. Another issue is that in pistols, 22 rimfire may not feed as reliably as rimless and semi-rimless rounds intended for semi-auto pistols from the beginning. That the 22 rimfire has taken elephant, lion, blue whale, and Tyrannosaurus rex is true, but this does not guarantee that it will do for every self-defense use and situation.

While everyone must choose what is best for themselves, this process is not without fault. For instance, just because everyone must choose what is best does not mean that whatever one chooses is best. The best gun is the one you have, true, but improvement is usually always possible. The limited choice, and even narrower practical limited choice available to the Indian shooter means that there isn't a lot of rocket science involved.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:21 am

They seem to have spent all their energies on the pistol with the magazine being an afterthought. A nickled/ chromed mag.for a black gun...strange. The IOF resorts to this due to the shoddy quality of its mags ...as a way to smoothen feeding.

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:32 pm

Dealer are quoting 6 lacs to 8 lacs for this junk peace of metal. MRP is 4.05 Lacs and Hyderabad dealer is quoting 6.5 lacs. They forgot that it’s finally an india metal and no one will give premium for such crude weapon. MSD and it’s dealer are just creating fake hike through engaging you tubers and social media freelancers … I have information that internal parts are also not good and weapon review is also not good.
Please be careful before buying and that too at premium above MRP.

Please do not double post your messages. Make your comments in one thread only. Thank you. -- moderator
Regards,
RR

saadv
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by saadv » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:28 pm

Vineet wrote:
kanpur revolver was copy of Webley and Now Webley is same as Kanpur revolver..not much Diff. and not worth the price at least