Malhotrasons Defence .45 1911 pistol pictures (Made in India)

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Malhotrasons Defence .45 1911 pistol pictures (Made in India)

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:08 pm

saadv wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:28 pm
Vineet wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:29 am
Malhotras won’t be able to find many buyers. At 1.85 lac, there are not many buyers for Indian Webley revolvers.
kanpur revolver was copy of Webley and Now Webley is same as Kanpur revolver..not much Diff. and not worth the price at least
If firearms manufacturing (private) players keep treating customers like idiots, they will soon die out just like Premier Automobiles and Hindustan Motors have become irrelevant in the Indian automotive scene (contrast from when they dominated the market).

History has many lessons, if one just pauses long enough to learn them...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Aksharma.kaplish
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aksharma.kaplish » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:03 am

I wonder how people from remote villages in pakistan are able to make such flawless and ultra cheap copies of all the imported weapons without any tooling machines and equipment and all we can get in the same amount of money is some shabby airgun 😵

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:31 am

The counterfeit weapons made in Pakistan are not flawless. They are very low quality weapons. We think that they are flawless because we see few rounds fired from them on YouTube videos.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Aksharma.kaplish
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aksharma.kaplish » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:06 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:31 am
The counterfeit weapons made in Pakistan are not flawless. They are very low quality weapons. We think that they are flawless because we see few rounds fired from them on YouTube videos.

Still brother getting an ak as cheap as 15-20k and getting a shitty pistol for 100k in india that also from proper factories who are mass producing this stuff..is a little wild

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:35 pm

The price imbalance is due to import ban. Import should be allowed.
Vineet Armoury

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:03 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:35 pm
also government might be purposefully keeping the prices high so that not many people think of buying one

Aksharma.kaplish
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aksharma.kaplish » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:25 pm

EkManushya wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:03 pm
Vineet wrote:
also government might be purposefully keeping the prices high so that not many people think of buying one
They can always control that by issuing less licences

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:55 pm

Interesting video that I came across on YouTube. It’s all praises for the MSD pistol.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:45 am

Several observations on Mr Mohan's comments in this video:

1. The weight and energy of the 45 Auto round depends on the load chosen. Some bullet weights are greater, but many are less. There are more powerful loadings than the one he quotes. It is important to remember, when comparing calibers and loads, is that mass affects energy linearly and velocity affects energy geometrically. When the mass is doubled, the energy is doubled. When the velocity is doubled, the energy is squared, or 4 times greater.

2. Mr. Mohan implies that a chrome plated barrel improves accuracy. This is false. Generally, a chrome plated barrel is not chosen when seeking accuracy. Remember, chrome plating is just that -- a plating, and it is not machined after it is applied. Therefore, the dimensional tolerances of the machined barrel underneath are dependent on the coating. A chrome plated barrel is usually chosen for corrosion resistance, not accuracy. For instance, the Chinese use chrome plated bores on their AK and SKS rifles. formerly, chrome plating helped to protect the bore against the corrosive effects of priming compounds. Since the widespread use of non-corrosive primers, this is less of an issue, but still a valuable property. Also, the effects of rust forming in the bore from corrosive compounds developing from the products of combustion is helpful, along with lessening the effects of those compounds forming in the presence of humidity. The disadvantages of a chrome bore are that often, the chrome plating (which is very brittle) can crack, and then flake. Chrome plating the bore is therefore a good thing for durability, though not a perfect solution, and it is not a choice used to obtain greater accuracy, contrary to Mr Mohan's statements. The term "match barrel" is like saying "high quality." Compared to what? If the precision and finish specifications are not provided, there's nothing to compare the term "match barrel" to, to determine whether it is really an improvement. This, without supporting information, is simply "sales talk," as there are no industry standards on what makes a barrel a "match barrel."

3. Primarily, the distinctives that make a 1911 design accurate are these: The fit of the slide to the frame, the fitting of the barrel link to the pins, the fit of the bushing to the barrel, and the finish that permits the action to lock up the same way from shot to shot. There are others; I'm only hitting the high points here. A chrome plated barrel doesn't enter into this discussion at all.

4. "The sights are adjustable": Yes, true. They are adjustable in the sense that both the front and rear sights appear to be fitted in dovetails milled into the slide. To adjust them, one taps them left or right to sight in the gun. Saying these sights are "adjustable," however, is disingenuous. First of all, they cannot be adjusted for elevation, only windage. Secondly, when "adjustable sights" are mentioned in gun literature, this means that they can be adjusted with a screwdriver or other such tool, and don't need to be tapped with a hammer and drift to adjust them. The front sight on issue 1911s was usually staked, as one only needs to move one sight to sight in the gun. The advantage to this gun having the front sight dovetailed into the slide is that it can be exchanged for other sights.

5. The safety: this is one of the key attributes to the 1911 design, and Mr Mohan misses what is different, special, and desireable about the 1911 safety (assuming that this pistol does actually use the original 1911 John M Browning design safety, which a number of 1911 lookalikes do not! Please don't underestimate the importance of this, as it is a key feature of 1911s.) Firstly, understand that generally, a single action trigger offers better control, or feel, then does a double action trigger. Doing this sacrifices the speed at which a single action can be brought to a ready to fire condition -- it has to be cocked. The 1911 safety is not unique because it blocks either the trigger or sear from moving (which then makes the safeness of the gun dependent on the tiny end of the sear and the cock notch in the hammer, which is very vulnerable to being broken when dropped). The 1911 safety is unique because it blocks the hammer with a piece of solid steel when it is applied. It acts, in other words, like the military safety on old Mauser and Springfield bolt action rifles by preventing discharge by solidly and positively blocking the hammer from falling. The gun can be safely carried "cocked and locked" with a round in the chamber. It is one of the few designs in which it is truly safe to do this. Most safeties depend on blocking the trigger alone or blocking the sear, and this ain't safe! This design allows the accuracy obtainable from a single action design, while approaching the same speed of bringing the gun to action available in a double action design, in a safe manner. All that's needed is to thumb the safety down and pull the trigger to fire, and with some practice, this becomes part of the draw process and imposes no time penalty.

Mr Mohan obviously doesn't understand this, because if he did, in his somewhat overanxious effort to tout the plusses of this gun, he omits to mention this -- most likely, because he doesn't know it.

Now, the issue of the "ambidextrous safety": This means that there is a corresponding tab on the right side of the frame which is generally a mirror image of the normal safety on the left side. The advantage to this is that it makes the gun useable by left handed shooters -- about 10% of us. This is good, so far. However, in order to fit such a safety to the gun, there must be a right and left piece held together by a screw. As you tear apart a 1911, you notice Browning's careful provision of making the gun very reliable and robust -- holding a two piece safety together with a screw detracts from this. If one is a gun slinger who intends to pack a pair o 1911s like Wilmer in The Maltese Falcon, there may be an advantage to having the ambidextrous safety.

Or, those over-anxious gun magazine writers might point out that, if one is shot or disabled in the right hand or arm, one can then operate the gun with the left hand with an ambidextrous safety. OK. My opinion is, that if you are not left handed, this is nothing more than a gadget.

6. "All moving parts, like the slide, are calibrated to 50 microns" (or 15 microns). What does "calibrated" actually mean? I have no clue. There are clearances between the frame and the slide that are necessary to allow the gun to function, and there are tolerances to which these dimensions are held within, no more and no less of the specified figure.

The design, dimensions, and tolerances of a gun over 100 years old made by who knows how many companies over the years all over the world are well known. It is the height of rubbish and balderdash to imply that a magazine from another maker's gun, even one made 100 years ago halfway around the world, cannot be used in this gun. If this is not the case, forget buying this gun, unless you need an expensive door stop. Production tolerances may well vary between manufacturer, place, and time of manufacture, but most, if not all of the parts from another 1911 should at least be useable in this gun, and the magazine especially so, or this thing is another product of what el jefe refers to as "bedpan mechanics." Rather, I suspect Mr Mohan is only citing the reasonable expectations of a prospective 1911 customer as a special and unique attribute of this gun. I can't answer for anyone else, but I'm not taken in by this sales pitch. I can take the filler from a 99¢ ball point pen and put it into another one, and it works, too. This is no more than what one should expect! Mr Mohan describes the process of making a homemade katta by fitting individual parts, but for his information, guns were made with interchangeable parts 200 years ago.

7. Next, Mr Mohan gets into what I call gadgets. The magazine well attachment makes the gun larger and harder to conceal. It may be required in some sort of competition where changing magazines quickly is part of the "game."

Having a Picatinny Rail so that one can attach a flashlight may be of interest, but again, not to me. This adds bulk. Also, the old fashioned way of holding a flashlight in combat situations was to hold it in the non-shooting hand, away from the body, because the bad guy reasonably may try to shoot toward the light in an attempt to disable. I don't want a flashlight attached to any of my guns, though it seems to be popular now in some circles.

The extended magazine release button might look like an advantage, and it might actually be when one needs to change magazines quickly. It also is more likely to hang up on something when the gun is drawn, and it is more likely to be depressed by some spurious contact just when it might be inconvenient to drop the magazine from the gun. There are other gadgets like this, such as extended safety tabs and extended slide release levers. Get the gun without all of this rubbish and practice with it, and then see if you really need any or all of these gee-gaws for your situation. If that's hauling the gun out when you have company over to the house and opening the box, revealing the spaceman's gun festooned with gadgets to the "ooohs" and "aaahs" of your company, well, then you've made the right investment!

Regarding that "gee-whizz" laser sight, I will pass. The FIRST rule of shooting is to know your target. Many years ago, when the laser sights first came out, I was in a gun store where the owner related a story about a fellow who got up in the night to investigate a noise in his house. He put the red dot of the laser sight on a shadowy form across the room and fired several times. After turning on the lights to see the downed home invader, he found that he'd put several holes in his wife's fur coat hanging on the coat rack.

All of these gadgets add bulk, impairing handiness and concealability. Picatinny rails look to me as if they have plenty of edges to hang up on belts, clothes, or whatever. They do provide a service to the people making and selling them, and they sure look impressive when shown to friends. Perhaps in a unique situation, they might have a small degree of utility, or they may not. I won't bother with them and you can make your own choice on them.

+++

Please forgive me, but watching a person on the range who knows what they are doing, demonstrating good and safe technique, and showing the function and accuracy of the gun in question seems far more useful to me, along with whatever impressions they might offer while doing so, like: "The trigger pull was good," or I had a hard time racking the slide," or, out of four kinds of ammunition, I experienced no failures to feed or jams.

This sort of presentation reminds me of the used car advertisements that would come on TV when watching late night movie reruns when I was young. They are about as useful, too, in my opinion. Whatever Mr Mohan's achievements might be, watching this, I can't help but ask myself what he received for doing it. My vote:

Accuracy of information: 👎
Competence describing gun: 👎
Usefulness of information: 👎
Salesmanship presentation: 👍🏼
Knowledge about the product after watching: 🤔
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:04 am

Aksharma.kaplish wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:25 pm
EkManushya wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:03 pm
Vineet wrote:
They can always control that by issuing less licences
as far as i have seen, they are already doing that and that is sort of a direct restriction which imho may be frown upon so another indirect restriction like inflated price will also work for it specially (as Vineetji said) when there are no imports, price imbalance will be there.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:41 pm

Tried seeing the entire video of the review by the 'National Shooter' twice. However it requires more patience than I possess to listen to this 'expert'.
"Machining has been done by Haas." Indeed

Aksharma.kaplish
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aksharma.kaplish » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:35 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:41 pm
Tried seeing the entire video of the review by the 'National Shooter' twice. However it requires more patience than I possess to listen to this 'expert'.
"Machining has been done by Haas." Indeed
Yea ...it looks like this dude was running an ad campaign for the company

Crazygunlover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Crazygunlover » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:58 pm

7 to 8 lac ke budget mein indian junk hai ye ....it will never be sold in any international market ..... 2 lac is feasible value ...

shooter50
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shooter50 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:11 pm

Vineet wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:31 am
Absolutey
Incidentally a war surplus AK may be available for 30 K in NWFP of Pakistan but we are India and we do not want to become the NWFP of Pakistan😁. Did not have the patience to go through the video of the Malhotra Sons 45 auto pistol. To me it looks like a clone of the Colt 1911. But the point that is totally missed here is why a 45 auto? More than 99% of the shooters cannot handle the jump from a 45 automatic and still shoot accurately. This was reason why Special Forces all over the world shifted to the 9mm. This shift to the 9mm took place even in the US where the Colt 1911 has an iconic historical status. In the Indian context (since 9mm is PB) you would be much better off with a 25 or a 32 automatic or maybe you want show off your 45 Auto without ever shooting with it. 😁😁

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:40 pm

shooter50 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:11 pm
In the Indian context (since 9mm is PB) you would be much better off with a 25 or a 32 automatic or maybe you want show off your 45 Auto without ever shooting with it. 😁😁
.25 ACP is a bit smaller caliber but .32 is ok for self defence. Also if you carry everyday, you will realise that it’s a pain to carry a big pistol like full size 1911.

I find Ashani (IOF pistol) size as perfect size for everyday carry.
Vineet Armoury