Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
User avatar
dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 11:04 am
Contact:

Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by dsen » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Last edited by dsen on Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
User avatar
asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:40 pm
Location: Moradabad. Uttar Pradesh
Contact:

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 launched in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by asifalikhanasif » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:41 pm

waiting for a long time to hear some good news on private manufacturers, now expecting some good moves in next couple of months.
Last edited by asifalikhanasif on Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 launched in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by Vineet » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:05 pm

Looks good, hope they keep price within reach of common man.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

User avatar
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by Woods » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:18 pm

Well , it does look like a 1911 . An Indian Kimber .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:00 pm

It fires but how well does it shoot?

User avatar
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by Woods » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:30 pm

It will shoot with all desi jalwas. More probable than not , it will come with its own set of quirks , like 007 written somewhere .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

User avatar
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am
Location: home on the range

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by timmy » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Showing the target might be a concept.

What, exactly, does putting a pistol in a plastic washbasin for a few minutes and then shooting it prove?
“The principle of self defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” - Maya Angelou

User avatar
revolver
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by revolver » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:31 pm

timmy wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:11 pm
Showing the target might be a concept.

What, exactly, does putting a pistol in a plastic washbasin for a few minutes and then shooting it prove?
Exactly! Also the poor safety practices by the firer of instinctively placing his finger on the trigger while removing the gun from the tub does not in-still confidence in the brand/company.

User avatar
asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:40 pm
Location: Moradabad. Uttar Pradesh
Contact:

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by asifalikhanasif » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:22 pm

IMG-20211031-WA0058.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0059.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0057.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0056.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0039.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0055.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0053.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0050.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0048.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0049.jpg
IMG-20211031-WA0047.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: Bengaluru

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by rahulbdelhi » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 pm

Surprised that the pistol is being manufactured for 45 ACP which is very rare in India. 32 ACP would have been a better choice IMHO

miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 6:56 pm
Location: Allahabad, Dehradun, Usha Farm (Kheri), Lucknow.

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by miroflex » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:45 pm

rahulbdelhi wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 pm
Surprised that the pistol is being manufactured for 45 ACP which is very rare in India. 32 ACP would have been a better choice IMHO

Hi Rahul,

If a pistol chambering the .45 ACP cartridge comes on the market, can the cartridge be far behind? Let us hope not. Supply follows demand. There was a long felt need for a more powerful handgun than one shooting the .32 ACP round. .45 ACP is a good choice for the civilian market, considering that 9mm is restricted to the police and armed forces.

Regards.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

User avatar
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am
Location: home on the range

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by timmy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:57 pm

miroflex wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:45 pm
rahulbdelhi wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 pm
Surprised that the pistol is being manufactured for 45 ACP which is very rare in India. 32 ACP would have been a better choice IMHO
If a pistol chambering the .45 ACP cartridge comes on the market, can the cartridge be far behind? Let us hope not. Supply follows demand. There was a long felt need for a more powerful handgun than one shooting the .32 ACP round. .45 ACP is a good choice for the civilian market, considering that 9mm is restricted to the police and armed forces.
Nobody will catch me finding fault with the choice of 45 Automatic! It is truly a fine round. Has it been noticed that the rim diameter of the case is the same as 30-06: 12mm? (This was, in turn, "borrowed" from the German 7.92x57mm.)

My first question along these lines is, who will make the new cartridge, or indeed, any new cartridges? If what I hear on these forums about IOF quality and their ammunition, isn't another ammunition maker or two needed?

Secondly, Regarding the pictures of the pistol itself, what is depicted certainly looks very nice. I think that there are good reasons for selecting the 1911 design for manufacture. Firstly, it is a proven design. Secondly, it is still relevant as a useful design, 110 years later. Thirdly, it will give a manufacturer a lot of learning in production, which will hopefully support other models successfully in the future.

My concern with these pictures, as well as those of people firing at a bank of dirt or a target that cannot be seen, is that there's so much more to a gun than what can be seen. A fine finish and good appearance is something that's obtainable by informal manufacture, as well as performance that allows the gun to go "bang" a few times.

What about the heat treatment of parts, and the quality of the springs? How about the function of the firing system (e.g., does it have a good trigger?). How does it compare with other 1911 products for accuracy and reliability to feed?
“The principle of self defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” - Maya Angelou

User avatar
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Here and there..

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:04 am

Another reason I can think of why this is a good design choice, Timmy, is that this design has no intellectual property assigned to it. It’s like a life saving drug’s patent expiring after 20 years- the pharmaceutical company frets- much to the delight of generic drug makers and consumers!

KDS991213
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by KDS991213 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:55 pm

timmy wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:57 pm
miroflex wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:45 pm
rahulbdelhi wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 pm
Surprised that the pistol is being manufactured for 45 ACP which is very rare in India. 32 ACP would have been a better choice IMHO
If a pistol chambering the .45 ACP cartridge comes on the market, can the cartridge be far behind? Let us hope not. Supply follows demand. There was a long felt need for a more powerful handgun than one shooting the .32 ACP round. .45 ACP is a good choice for the civilian market, considering that 9mm is restricted to the police and armed forces.
Nobody will catch me finding fault with the choice of 45 Automatic! It is truly a fine round. Has it been noticed that the rim diameter of the case is the same as 30-06: 12mm? (This was, in turn, "borrowed" from the German 7.92x57mm.)

My first question along these lines is, who will make the new cartridge, or indeed, any new cartridges? If what I hear on these forums about IOF quality and their ammunition, isn't another ammunition maker or two needed?

Secondly, Regarding the pictures of the pistol itself, what is depicted certainly looks very nice. I think that there are good reasons for selecting the 1911 design for manufacture. Firstly, it is a proven design. Secondly, it is still relevant as a useful design, 110 years later. Thirdly, it will give a manufacturer a lot of learning in production, which will hopefully support other models successfully in the future.

My concern with these pictures, as well as those of people firing at a bank of dirt or a target that cannot be seen, is that there's so much more to a gun than what can be seen. A fine finish and good appearance is something that's obtainable by informal manufacture, as well as performance that allows the gun to go "bang" a few times.

What about the heat treatment of parts, and the quality of the springs? How about the function of the firing system (e.g., does it have a good trigger?). How does it compare with other 1911 products for accuracy and reliability to feed?
Well cmtpl has the license to make ammunition & they are manufacturing glocks in 45 acp. They might become the supplier.

I too would like to know the breaking point of this 1911. But we might never find out especially considering how little the ammo quota for ordinary civilian is.

User avatar
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:03 am
Location: home on the range

Re: Malhotrasons 1911 shooting in India! .45 ACP Guardian MSD-45

Post by timmy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:13 am

AgentDoubleS wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:04 am
Another reason I can think of why this is a good design choice, Timmy, is that this design has no intellectual property assigned to it. It’s like a life saving drug’s patent expiring after 20 years- the pharmaceutical company frets- much to the delight of generic drug makers and consumers!
True enough; that's a great reason, as well!
“The principle of self defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

“When someone shows you who they are, believe them.” - Maya Angelou

Post Reply