Glock 17 Hindi Video Review and Shooting!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Glock 17 Hindi Video Review and Shooting!

Post by dsen » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:04 pm

For Advertising mail webmaster
4X4
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Glock 17 Hindi Video Review and Shooting!

Post by 4X4 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:13 am

Where was this video shot ? Seems like a jungle there.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:49 pm

4X4 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:13 am
To me, this looks like it was shot in the woods in the Eastern USA somewhere. Do people commonly wear plate carriers in India? It's quite common in the USA. (A "plate carrier" being a type of tactical vest that holds armor plate, and often has molle loops like the one this fellow is seen wearing.)

I do not suppose that this Glock is all that common place in India, either. Is it common practice to set up in the woods someplace and start blasting away with such a handgun?

So, the fellow spouts off a few statistics about the gun and cuts loose at a target in the woods. We don't even get to see the target, and whether or not he hit it! There seems to be little educational value here . . .

Below is a plate carrier:

“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Shivakr
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Shivakr » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:56 pm

timmy wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:49 pm
4X4 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:13 am
To me, this looks like it was shot in the woods in the Eastern USA somewhere. Do people commonly wear plate carriers in India? It's quite common in the USA. (A "plate carrier" being a type of tactical vest that holds armor plate, and often has molle loops like the one this fellow is seen wearing.)

I do not suppose that this Glock is all that common place in India, either. Is it common practice to set up in the woods someplace and start blasting away with such a handgun?

So, the fellow spouts off a few statistics about the gun and cuts loose at a target in the woods. We don't even get to see the target, and whether or not he hit it! There seems to be little educational value here . . .

Below is a plate carrier:

Sir, i understand about use of these vests in tactical combat mission but do people also wear this plate vests for recreational club / demo situation..

the pockets in vest is useful for storage, but the same is also available in normal jackets like ones guys use in skeet shooting or photographers jacket. these normal jackets will be light weight & more comfortable..

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:46 pm

Just yesterday, I was out at the range, and a fellow at the benches with me had one.

I don't see people wearing them on the street going about their daily business -- yet.

They do consist of several layers of nylon cloth, so they won't be "Cool" to wear on a hot day. I wouldn't see them as exceptionally comfortable to wear, like a shooting or fishing vest, but everyone has their own views about what is comfortable and their motivations for wearing things.

edited to add: I also think that, when wearing a vest for handy carrying and storage, the first pockets one might think of as working for this purpose are side pockets near the bottom under the arms, or more forward for easy access, which a plate carrier won't have. Also, having heavy shoulder straps meant for bearing the weight of the plates isn't going to be as comfortable as a common sporting-type vest might be.

My own opinion, on seeing this, is that someone is wearing tactical gear to make some kind of statement. I can't say I'm impressed. For instance, where's his shotgun?

Harry S. Truman

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:37 am

timmy wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:46 pm
I can't say I'm impressed.
Me neither. Just another video amongst the many others posted here of enthusiastic young chaps purporting to "review" a firearm but doing precious little towards that end.

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:23 pm

I really wonder if he knew what was he doing or what he wanted to achieve by the way of this video.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

WhoCantBeNamed
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by WhoCantBeNamed » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:41 pm

pgupta wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:23 pm
I really wonder if he knew what was he doing or what he wanted to achieve by the way of this video.
Just looking to increase his view count via clickbaiting.
Mate still hasn't replied to the questions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28376)

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:59 pm

WhoCantBeNamed wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:41 pm
pgupta wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:23 pm
Just looking to increase his view count via clickbaiting.
This.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:44 pm

WhoCantBeNamed wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:41 pm
Mate still hasn't replied to the questions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28376)
Yes, I wondered whether our comments would goad the OP into a response. It's evident that he has no intention of participating here, only a desire to have a barn roof from which to crow. Listening isn't part of his program.

Harry S. Truman

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:12 pm

What's the point of "reviewing" a product that will never be available for civilian sales in India anyways?

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:47 pm

partheus wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:12 pm
What's the point of "reviewing" a product that will never be available for civilian sales in India anyways?
That's only if you consider this a review, it wasn't anything more than a enthusiast holding his dream weapon for the first time.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:24 am

pgupta wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:47 pm
partheus wrote:
That's only if you consider this a review, it wasn't anything more than a enthusiast holding his dream weapon for the first time.
Sometimes it is nice to see what other people are doing and to be exposed to different guns, practices, or other such things.

It's my intention, now that I'm getting to enjoy a little range time again, to post about what I'm up to. Some here may be interested, and others not, but sharing is something that people with similar likes and tastes can appreciate, as opposed to impersonal self-promotion. There are many gun sites online, but ours is special and has the opportunity to grow more so.

However, WhoCantBeNamed has, I think, hit the matter square on the head and pointed out that the intention is click bait. The OP doesn't care whether we like or appreciate him, or trash him, for that matter: all he wants is for us to click his videos.

My own opinion on such an attitude is that we are, or aspire to be, a brotherhood and sisterhood of gun lovers: we want gun rights for every citizen and appreciate guns, whether we shoot airguns, shotguns, handguns, rifles, or whether we simply like knives. That's our community.

The OP is here for something else, and knowing that we are here for different reasons, cannot expect to receive any other attitude than is normally given toward those who only wish to take advantage of the hospitality of others.

Harry S. Truman

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:26 am

pgupta wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:47 pm
partheus wrote:
Yes, hence the " " :)

There are a couple of channels that dig a bit deeper --

Hemant Jadhav: https://www.youtube.com/user/moshepatchy/videos

Mr Jadhav's videos are easily some of the most detailed on pistol techniques. His content is mostly on ISSF style air pistol shooting, but I think there's a lot of takeaway for anyone interested in marksmanship.

Guns Blog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8OkJs ... KPNKHFILtA

His videos aren't really reviews per se. But the producer here does bother to travel to other states and do factory tours and interviews of new and upcoming manufacturers which I find interesting.