Suggestion for my first handgun

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
siddharth
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Suggestion for my first handgun

Post by siddharth » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:19 pm

If I may ask, what you picked finally, I an in same boat as you are and for reasons of training and reliability I am inclined towards buying a .32 Prahaar Revolver. What is the sticker price for the same? Armory at my hometown does not have it on stock.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:27 am

siddharth wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:19 pm
If I may ask, what you picked finally, I an in same boat as you are and for reasons of training and reliability I am inclined towards buying a .32 Prahaar Revolver. What is the sticker price for the same? Armory at my hometown does not have it on stock.
If you happen to be in the same boat , close your eyes and go for iof pistol as it’s better conceal carry and lesser problems then iof revolver. You will keep getting confused the more you read and you will keep getting tingling sensation until you buy it . You can discover it yourself which way to go, if you can test fire both of them at a suitable place like a range. There must be some friends around you who have both guns and who can help. Better to test fire yourself ! It’s just like choosing between an android and iPhone and then asking someone which is better. Now both users have their preferences. I hope you will understand the point I wish to convey.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:38 pm

siddharth wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:19 pm
sorry mate but not till now. there is a shooting academy in my city. i am going to join that and experience different types that are there to get a feel and decide then.

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:58 pm

Hi @Ajaaybeer
Ajaaybeer wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:27 am
close your eyes and go for iof pistol as it’s better conceal carry and lesser problems then iof revolver.
Can you please provide more details on how iof pistol has lessor problems than iof revolver. Have you had personal experiences with both?

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:04 pm

asj_raj wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:11 pm
I have to ask, does the new Webley revolver justify its higher sticker price compared to IOF 32s?
The master dealer in Jaipur, Rajasthan, Shikar Store has it available for purchase on a week's notice at 1.86 lacs.
My friend owns one - its another IOF model with different stamps and sans Ashoka mark . I will oost picks if I could .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .