.32 RANGER revolver from Sheikh Arms

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
dsen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

.32 RANGER revolver from Sheikh Arms

Post by dsen » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:48 pm

Would love to hear all of your first impressions on the design choice!

For Advertising mail webmaster
EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: .32 RANGER revolver from Sheikh Arms

Post by EkManushya » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:14 pm

design looks ok. heard that its not top open but sideways, that is good. let's see when it is launched and at what price. moreover whether it works fine or not, that is also needs to be seen. thanks.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:33 pm

Nice box
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:35 pm

So whats the steel?
Is the bbl cut or button rifled
SA/DA trigger pull in kg
Is a test target supplied with each piece
Any collaboration with Korth/Iver Johnson/SW?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:22 pm

This video quotes the price of the revolver to be 1.3l across India including GST. The weapon looks good at first glance. But the rifling and the materials used would be an important factor in judging its success. But I believe it will definitely perform better than their Raptor pistol as revolvers are mechanically simpler with lesser moving parts.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:10 pm

No expert on revolvers but it’s very difficult to say anything by simply looking at a picture.

My guess would be that this is a copy of the older S&W I or J frames chambered in .32. There were Model 30s or pre model 30s but unless we can see the internal lock work and the grip (round butt or square butt) this is only an assumption. The pinned barrel could indicate that this is a pre 1980s design. I really hope they’ve copied a design with a hammer block unlike our vintage models from IOF.

A revolver’s strength is also its weakness, while it is considered more reliable and simpler to use it does require some precision fitting parts to ensure it works flawlessly. They way the cylinder opened with a jerk in the video tells me some hand fitting might be required to smoothen the action out. Unless someone gets their hand on one to see the production quality and answer questions like the one eljefe has asked, I wouldn’t jump to either praising or criticising it too much.

A few positives I see are that they’ve chosen a S&W design to copy rather than an antediluvian Webley so a great foundation platform IF they have chosen the more modern lock work. The rear sights are adjustable which again is not a standard.

About this video, the lesser said the better. More focussed on the ‘chip’ rather than on the quality and design of the firearm!

Regards
SS

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:23 am

From what I can see:-
1. The cylinder is smaller than the cut out in the frame.
2. The drag marks on the cylinder seem to indicate that the machining of the cylinder stop cut outs is off kelter.
3. The cylinder stop looks a bit strange.
4. Quite a gap between the cylinder and the barrel.

rs123in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rs123in » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:51 pm

AgentDoubleS wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:10 pm
No expert on revolvers but it’s very difficult to say anything by simply looking at a picture.

My guess would be that this is a copy of the older S&W I or J frames chambered in .32. There were Model 30s or pre model 30s but unless we can see the internal lock work and the grip (round butt or square butt) this is only an assumption. The pinned barrel could indicate that this is a pre 1980s design. I really hope they’ve copied a design with a hammer block unlike our vintage models from IOF.

A revolver’s strength is also its weakness, while it is considered more reliable and simpler to use it does require some precision fitting parts to ensure it works flawlessly. They way the cylinder opened with a jerk in the video tells me some hand fitting might be required to smoothen the action out. Unless someone gets their hand on one to see the production quality and answer questions like the one eljefe has asked, I wouldn’t jump to either praising or criticising it too much.

A few positives I see are that they’ve chosen a S&W design to copy rather than an antediluvian Webley so a great foundation platform IF they have chosen the more modern lock work. The rear sights are adjustable which again is not a standard.

About this video, the lesser said the better. More focussed on the ‘chip’ rather than on the quality and design of the firearm!

Regards
SS
Very true, I also feel that Ranger is most promising weapon on the horizon. Have made a video on same. Please checkout on YouTube.