IMPORT OF A SMITH & WESSEN REVOLVER

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
pkaran
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

IMPORT OF A SMITH & WESSEN REVOLVER

Post by pkaran » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:51 pm

Hello Friends!

Last evening when I enquired with a Firearms Dealer in Kerala about the availability of imported firearms, he said he owned a Firearm Import Licence and could buy one for me, if someone were to get an invoice in his name. The discussion was short-lived as he was driving and we had agreed to talk in detail later which I will do today, but is there any substance in what he was telling me? My understanding is that, for import of firearms, one of the following conditions should be met:

1. Hold a Class 'A' Firearms Import License, a Firearm Import Permit and a Trade License - all issued by the Central government
2. A Renowned Shooter
3. A Firearms Manufacturer (can import for product development purposes)

Can anyone contribute more to it? I am eager to hear from you!

For Advertising mail webmaster
nikhilpunalur
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: IMPORT OF A SMITH & WESSEN REVOLVER

Post by nikhilpunalur » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:41 pm

you can import a gun after getting the permission from central govt. MHA. wouldn't be so easy but try it. hope u already have license. or you ca import it through rifle clubs. dealers will take their profit.

dilip
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: IMPORT OF A SMITH & WESSEN REVOLVER

Post by dilip » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:53 am

A Renowned Shot & Arjuna Awardee in Handgun Event can import handgun and can sell after the period mentioned on import permit of the keeping it is over that is 2 years and 5 years from NRAI
Dealer with Firearms Import Licence can import but cant sell till he gets permission from MHA to sell which is very complicated

Sid
Powale Arms Repaires and Dealer Mumbai