GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Re: GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:50 pm

'His Exalted Highness' sounds about right. 😂

For Advertising mail webmaster
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:22 pm

Timmy , since I am sigularly lacking in knowledge that comes from experience and the mellowness that comes with age, both of which you possess in ample measure, I am left with only my wit.

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:56 pm

It is a great initiative by the Goverment,
To attract all Foreign brands/investors into India.
But, with the restrictions on Civilians, how far will they go.
Though wholesale(military) may be the core of any business but one cannot undermine retail.

Regards,
Jr.

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:49 pm

Greetings from Werywin Defence,

I am taking a courageous step by being the first Indian firearm manufacturer (I am sure yet, please help me confirm) onboard the indiaforguns forum. I decided to get onboard to provide as much information as time and situation allows without jeopardizing the corporate confidentiality policies. I noticed that most of the Indian gun manufacturers have decided to stay away from direct interaction with India's largest gun forum but I take it as an opportunity to discuss our plans for the Indian gun market and, are open to suggestions from member gunlovers. I request patience and mutual respect from fellow members while I try to answer everything I could.

A humble request though, please do not troll, make undue assumptions, or send hate emails/ PM because I could not answer something you were expecting, or you are an existing or potential competition. I promise I will accept suggestions and positive criticism with arms wide open, but attacks on brand image will force me to leave the forum, I hope you will understand.

Introduction: I am Mohit Sharma, Co-founder and Member of the Board for Werywin Defence, India. I come from a gun dealer business family background dating back to 40 years. Our manufacturing facility is currently under development at UP Defence Corridor - Aligarh Node and we are licensed to manufacture firearms and ammunition including handguns, automatic/semi automatic rifles for Army/LE and BL guns (including semi-automatic). We have been working for more than 2.5 years now to bring the latest firearms to India with strategic alliances and design/prototyping efforts. Our design team includes 4 engineers situated at our United States office who have work experiences with some of world's largest and reputed firearms brands to bring latest firearms to India.

Smith & Wesson Alliance : We signed definitive alliance agreements with Smith and Wesson, USA to bring the highly reputed S&W products to the India market. Werywin Defence and Smith & Wesson are excited about this strategic alliance and look forward to India as a long term market. We will not only be manufacturing the S&W product lines in India but will back them with S&W lifetime warranty with establishment of official S&W Warranty Station (India). I am glad to share that this warranty center will be second in Asia with only one currently operational at Australia. Werywin Smith & Wesson is committed to the India market with it's world class service at par with the United States and we assure prospective customers a wonderful experience.

Product Lines: Werywin Defence will bring in multiple type and models of firearms including striker fired polymer pistols, revolvers, metal pistols and shotguns. Time to market is critical and I want to emphasize that development of every model of firearms is years of design, tooling efforts and significant capital investments. We will rely extensively upon existing knowledge and experience of our strategic partners including Smith & Wesson to bring these models to India but a single size fits all alliance are hard to find, that's why we'll have multiple partners for different product lines.

Firearm Models: Smith and Wesson revolvers are slated for release with 4 models in .357 magnum including some of the most sought after 'Performance Center (PC)' models, I will provide model names in upcoming weeks but will include a rider that PC models are produced in limited numbers and availability will certainly be much lesser than regular models. Smith & Wesson stopped producing 0.32 S&W short/long revolvers in the United States about 15 years ago but I am glad that they were kind enough to accept our request to revive the 0.32 S&W revolvers line. The 0.32 S&W model will be 6 rounds and 1.875 inch in barrel which was pretty popular back in the days and, ammunition is widely available in India.

Polymer frame striker fired Pistols are currently in final stage of prototyping in both 9mm and 0.32 ACP caliber, believe me it was really difficult to make one in .32ACP because of inherent design limitations and less powerful caliber to cycle the firearm but we are past that now, the good news is that we had to reduce a lot of weight on the slides and the lightening cuts makes it look super mean in comparison to a 9mm.

We love metal pistols as much as everyone else and I see lot of customers looking to buy one, we could have gone with S&W for their 1911s but they were expensive for the Indian market so we signed a new strategic alliance to make the metal pistols in India. They will be available in .45ACP caliber and at least one each in .380 & 0.32 ACP. I would really have loved a 1911 in .32 ACP but there has been none so far, the closest we have is Colt 1903 hammerless in .32 ACP but that's not an actual 1911, we will take that up as a challenge and may come up something in future. Our strategic partners for metal pistols are world's biggest manufacturers of 1911s but I will save the details for future, although the strategic alliance agreements have been signed on that front and efforts are moving god speed. BL Shotguns will be available both in pump-action and semi-automatic and we'll pleasantly surprise fellow gunlovers when we disclose the models and specifications, there is certainly one unique semi-automatic BL shotgun in the store.

Pricing: I have heard everyone complaining about India gun prices but we have a good surprise for you there, I won't claim it will be as competitive as America (they sell like a million guns a month) but they will still be affordable. I won't dwell into exact pricing right now but, anything that costs more than 2 Lac rupees to an end customer must be really be an outstanding firearm. Our website is getting redesigned and pricing will be disclosed right before we start accepting pre-bookings. The complete process for pre-booking will be online in a fair and transparent manner but deliveries will be fulfilled by our authorized retailers across India, we do not intend to sell directly to the customer from factory as a matter of corporate policy.

More details to follow. We are committed to bring the firearms glory back to India.

Regards,
Mohit

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:10 pm

Mohit Sharma,

Thank you for registering here and sharing your vision and plans with us. I wish you all the very best and every success in your efforts. I hope the Indian consumer benefits from your products.

Best regards-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:59 pm

@mohshar Welcome Mohit Sharma!
that is some good news for Indian market but only if licenses are issued too.
thanks.

Crazygunlover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Crazygunlover » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:07 pm

Welcome Mohit ji on board ..thank you for providing all the information.... regarding issue of issuance of new license I want to say that what happen to maruti 800 and Nokia keypad phone and even big bulky television...it's a history ....2g is a history ...when modernization in any field comes than its adopted by all the society.......modern and affordable firearms will surely replace world war 2 and very high priced firearms selling now

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:03 am

Hi Mohit,
Welcome to the Forum.
It is very encouraging to read your post.
S&W is a very sought after brand, all over the world, by Gun lovers.
The ‘Performance Center’ models are a treat.
.357 Magnum and .45 ACP will definitely be the top-sellers.
.32 S&W in 1.875 inch Barrel will sell like hot cake.
Hope the Government is more understanding and liberal,
With issue of Arms License to individuals.
The pricing, as hinted by you seems very reasonable.
It is great to hear that finally Indian Civilians will have access to quality Firearms.

Regards,
Jr.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:05 am

mohshar, wishing you all the success in your venture. Also,don't just look at making firearms. You would also need to get into making ammo.if you intend to sell anything in .380 and .357 mag.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:35 pm

Wellcome aboard Mr.Mohit Sharma, I congratulate you on your decision to manufacture and market Smith and Wesson firearms. My humble suggestion is that the Indian public ( especially the gun enthusiasts and target shooters ) is very hungry for quality and cost effective firearms. Indian shooters with very meagre resources , have achieved many heights. I request you bring out quality and affordable handguns especially .22 match pistols, .32 (permissible) bores of both revolvers and pistols with authentic after market services and spares network( like Maruti) and also ammunition for target shooting . All prices must be competetive, realistic and affordable. If this line is adhered to, you will definitely be the market leader . Jai Ho Jai Hind. God bless You.

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:00 pm

@Vikram @EkManushya @Crazygunlover & @Jr - Thank you very much for encouraging words and well wishes. I hope to keep up with the expectations and will keep all the fellow members informed about developments on periodic basis.

@Winnie_the_pooh - We will certainly make ammunition and keep it affordable at the same time. We were preparing for this since past many years.

@veeveeaar - I hear you loud and clear, we are sure about the .32 revolvers and pistols as of writing but, it is a good suggestion to keep the spirits of Indian shooters high. I promise we'll explore the possibility of 22 match pistols but they do not come cheap even in the United States. Minor spares will be available through our authorized brand stores as a matter of corporate policy, but major pressure bearing components will require factory repairs which will be an easy process anyways.

Best Regards,
Mohit

Aksharma.kaplish
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aksharma.kaplish » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:06 pm

Lets hope we can get these firearms as soon as possible in the market...unlike all the other firearm makers we have seen till date. Switching from .32 bore to another bore is not easy as it requires a lot documentation in some states and is a long process. Hence a good weapon(pistol) in .32 bore with high capacity would be a quick seller. 😇

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:41 am

mohshar: India desperately needs reasonably priced, reliable, and well-made firearms, as we all know. Numerous rumors about various firearms entering the Indian market have swirled about for quite some time, fueled mostly by wishful thinking, rather than concrete facts. This is symptomatic of pent-up demand and the desires of the available market.

If you can bring good and reasonably priced firearms to market, you will have done a great thing and contributed meaningfully to RKBA in India. Perhaps your efforts will be rewarded beyond India's borders, as well.

May this be so! Best of luck to you and your endeavor.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

dilip
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dilip » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:06 am

Indeed a great news for Gun Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum Mohit Sharma ji
And wish you All the very Best for the great endurance WERYWIN

Regards
Sidhesh
Powale Arms Repaires and Dealer Mumbai

Crazygunlover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Crazygunlover » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:07 pm

Dear Mohit ji, you have provided us with ample information but regarding your alliance with metal pistol series of model 1911 plz tell us something more about that ,because many indian licensee are interested in 1911 pistol ...if u give the idea about that pistol and including its price range so we can plan suitably for purchasing the above pistol on my gun license