GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Post by veeveeaar » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:51 pm

partheus wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:53 pm
@Mohshar, any plans for a 4-inch barrel version? This revolver would be perfect for sports shooters in 25-meter centerfire pistol since 32 s&w long and 32acp are all the rage. We'll finally have a sidearm that's great both for sports and self-defense :)
I also endorse Partheus's view that in India if a revolver can be used for both self defense and target especially in .22 LR and .32 which are the ISSF approved calibers, then S&W will be a clear winner. But time of launching is the point of success or otherwise for any company. 3 to six months will be the max. All other calibers will have problem of availablity of affordable ammo. 32 and 22 are cheap, common , universal and readily available.

For Advertising mail webmaster
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:52 am

Great news and hope it actually happens .
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:31 am

mohshar wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:27 pm
Greeting IFG' ians - I am pleased to announce that S&W is all set to revive the .32 S&W revolver for the India market and our teams are currently working full time to put all the tooling in place. The technical specifications are as under:

Caliber: .32 H&R MAG (.32 H&R magnum chamber support both .32 S&W Long and .32 S&W short)
Capacity: 6 Rounds | Barrel Length: 1.875" / 4.7 cm | Front Sight: Integral | Rear Sight: Fixed | Grip: Synthetic / Wooden dependent on tooling
Action: Single/Double Action | Frame Size: Small (J) - Exposed Hammer | Frame Finish: Matte Black | Cylinder Finish: Matte Black |
Trigger Finish: Matte Black | Overall Length: 6.31" / 16.0 cm (approximately)

32HR_left_Syngrip.jpg
32GR_right_Wodgrip.jpg

The .357 magnum models for India market will be shared in due course.

Fellow IFG'ians - Thanks for the kind wishes and continued support.

Thanks,
Mohit
Mr Mohit, maybe you can even consider something on the lines of a hammerless S&W Ladysmith in .22LR. I think it can have multiple uses in the Indian Context. The frame too used for this model is the J frame which means you will not have to make too many modifications to you manufacturing line since you would be selling the same in .32. Just a humble recommendation. Attaching an image for reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:28 pm

mohshar wrote:
32HR_left_Syngrip.jpg

Mohshar,
The picture that you have shared is of a S&W .32 H&R Mag caliber revolver belonging to the “Airweight” series.
Now Airweights are a different line of J-frames. They have the standard aluminum alloy frame without scandium but they do have steel cylinders and barrels.
The “AirLite” series has Aluminum/Scandium frame with Titanium cylinder.
From your earlier posts I got an impression that Werywin is going to manufacture all steel frame revolvers.
Kindly clarify.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:11 pm

veeveeaar wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:51 pm
partheus wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:53 pm
@Mohshar, any plans for a 4-inch barrel version? This revolver would be perfect for sports shooters in 25-meter centerfire pistol since 32 s&w long and 32acp are all the rage. We'll finally have a sidearm that's great both for sports and self-defense :)
I also endorse Partheus's view that in India if a revolver can be used for both self defense and target especially in .22 LR and .32 which are the ISSF approved calibers, then S&W will be a clear winner. But time of launching is the point of success or otherwise for any company. 3 to six months will be the max. All other calibers will have problem of availablity of affordable ammo. 32 and 22 are cheap, common , universal and readily available.
@veeveeaar & @partheus - I agree with both of you that a longer barrel in an Indian popular caliber may serve both self defence and target purposes but will lack the concealed carry feature which is critical to our market. I will love to consider a larger barrel model later but all our initial models will not be more than 3 inches. The S&W model variations (barrel length, capacity and frame size) are overwhelming and every model serves a particular purpose, but we will keep exploring opportunities and expand the product lines with time.

Best,
Mohit
Average response time for emergency services is 15 minutes, 357 Magnum has a response time of 1400 feet/second

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:21 pm

The Doc wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:28 pm
mohshar wrote:
32HR_left_Syngrip.jpg

Mohshar,
The picture that you have shared is of a S&W .32 H&R Mag caliber revolver belonging to the “Airweight” series.
Now Airweights are a different line of J-frames. They have the standard aluminum alloy frame without scandium but they do have steel cylinders and barrels.
The “AirLite” series has Aluminum/Scandium frame with Titanium cylinder.
From your earlier posts I got an impression that Werywin is going to manufacture all steel frame revolvers.
Kindly clarify.

best,
Rp.
Hello Doc - The S&W .32 H&R model is indeed 'Airweight' series, they have been so since they were last produced at Springfield, MA and eventually stopped in 2006. The frame is aluminium alloy with steel barrel and cylinder. The S&W engineering team had an answer to it when I discussed it, the .32 caliber is less powerful and hence the choice of materials, steel frame although doable is an overkill for a caliber like .32 or .22LR. The scandium frame with titanium cylinders are limited to high end PC models with higher capacity and heavy caliber like the .357 magnum.

I will mention that S&W .32 Airweight revolvers worked flawlessly in it's time and still popular as a collectible. The model due for launch in India will be backed with lifetime warranty through Smith & Wesson International Warranty Station (India).

Best,
Mohit
Average response time for emergency services is 15 minutes, 357 Magnum has a response time of 1400 feet/second

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:32 pm

revolver wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:31 am
mohshar wrote:
Greeting IFG' ians - I am pleased to announce that S&W is all set to revive the .32 S&W revolver for the India market and our teams are currently working full time to put all the tooling in place. The technical specifications are as under:

Caliber: .32 H&R MAG (.32 H&R magnum chamber support both .32 S&W Long and .32 S&W short)
Capacity: 6 Rounds | Barrel Length: 1.875" / 4.7 cm | Front Sight: Integral | Rear Sight: Fixed | Grip: Synthetic / Wooden dependent on tooling
Action: Single/Double Action | Frame Size: Small (J) - Exposed Hammer | Frame Finish: Matte Black | Cylinder Finish: Matte Black |
Trigger Finish: Matte Black | Overall Length: 6.31" / 16.0 cm (approximately)

32HR_left_Syngrip.jpg
32GR_right_Wodgrip.jpg

The .357 magnum models for India market will be shared in due course.

Fellow IFG'ians - Thanks for the kind wishes and continued support.

Thanks,
Mohit
Mr Mohit, maybe you can even consider something on the lines of a hammerless S&W Ladysmith in .22LR. I think it can have multiple uses in the Indian Context. The frame too used for this model is the J frame which means you will not have to make too many modifications to you manufacturing line since you would be selling the same in .32. Just a humble recommendation. Attaching an image for reference.
Dear Revolver - Appreciate your suggestions, the only problem with having more models (SKUs) is higher tooling costs and overheads of another product lifecycle management. We will consider possibilities to bring in more models at later stages.

Replies to some earlier posts -
@Ranveer - I shared S&W first model in .32 with pictures and will share more models in time to come. Thanks for support.
@Udayanjadav - Thanks for supporting words, we are committed to RKBA and will keep supporting as our revenue starts churning.
@timmy - Thanks Timmy, I am glad you liked it.
@Jr - Thank you Jr.
@partheus - I'm in love with the wooden grips, I hope the S&W engineering team gives a final go-ahead with wooden grips (I'm not sure yet) but we will bring them certainly, later if not with out first release.
@captrakshitsharma - Thanks, it sure is happening. You will shortly start dialling 357 with a new piece of brand new gun.

Regards,
Mohit

jpinakin88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jpinakin88 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:48 pm

Mohitbhai,
I was about to final one S&W PC .357 in 1-2 days. But your personal reply stopped me to do so. one of my friend called me have you seen the post in IFG I said no then he sent me screen shot and I just logged in and stared reading.
In .357 mag which model you planning to launch? And how much time it will take ?

Regards,
Pinakin Jani

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:02 pm

jpinakin88 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:48 pm
Mohitbhai,
I was about to final one S&W PC .357 in 1-2 days. But your personal reply stopped me to do so. one of my friend called me have you seen the post in IFG I said no then he sent me screen shot and I just logged in and stared reading.
In .357 mag which model you planning to launch? And how much time it will take ?

Regards,
Pinakin Jani
Dear Mr. Jani - Glad to hear that. The models will be made public soon, our website should be done by October end, pre-bookings are expected to begin November and commercial deliveries from March 23.

Best,
Mohit

jpinakin88
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by jpinakin88 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:48 pm

mohshar wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:02 pm
jpinakin88 wrote:
Mohitbhai,

Regards,
Pinakin Jani
Dear Mr. Jani - Glad to hear that. The models will be made public soon, our website should be done by October end, pre-bookings are expected to begin November and commercial deliveries from March 23.

Best,
Mohit
Mohitbhai,
Waiting for the models you will public. And I hope I can book easily. And can be your 1st .357 customer. 😉🙏

Regards,
Pinakin Jani

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:20 pm

jpinakin88 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:48 pm
mohshar wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:02 pm
jpinakin88 wrote:
Mohitbhai,

Regards,
Pinakin Jani

Best,
Mohit
Mohitbhai,
Waiting for the models you will public. And I hope I can book easily. And can be your 1st .357 customer. 😉🙏

Regards,
Pinakin Jani
@jPinakin - The day we start pre-bookings, IFG will be the first public forum, I'll be announcing it. Eagerly looking forward to you as a potential customer.

Best,
Mohit

sukirtishobhan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sukirtishobhan » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:55 am

My personal view is that. Getting firearms license should be made easy procedure. If a person is not getting guns license easily. Then what is use of all firearms arms brand launching in india. Firearms companies will only survive in india when more and more people get gun license

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 am

What a dismal experience this business has been of late.

Regarding the title of this thread, it has become evident that the first Smith & Wesson revolver in India is this one:

and it has already been used, and for the purpose of hitting its target has been shown to be quite accurate.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:32 am

Isn't that the 'Japanese Special' that was introduced towards the end of World War II? Very accurate firearm.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:14 am

timmy wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 am
What a dismal experience this business has been of late.

Regarding the title of this thread, it has become evident that the first Smith & Wesson revolver in India is this one:

and it has already been used, and for the purpose of hitting its target has been shown to be quite accurate.
Timmy, I am not sure the recent turn of events, as unfortunate as they are really has any bearing on whether we might see vis-a-vis S&W in India in the near future, or not. The fact remains that S&W lists WeryWin as their official distributor and service center, which I am not sure would've been possible without some facts on the ground unless this was so elaborate a scheme that it even fooled them. Personally, I think the latter is unlikely. Would S&W actually do something like this without visiting WeryWin's facilities and verifying everything firsthand? Are they really in the business of handing out distributorships over simple email correspondences and social media posts?

Now, certain persons here have been making attacks and tacit accusations against werywin ever since the first posts were made. The sheer inanity of the questions and demands by said persons made for some humourous reading indeed, until things took so ugly a turn. As if posting company data, documentation and certificates would suddenly guarantee we absolutely will have products on shelves come 2023. Enterprises can fail or get delayed even when everything's in order due to any number of reasons. WeryWin could've supplied all the information the people here were busy demanding and still been unable to keep their timeline or even go online. Besides, posting/revealing anything is each person's prerogative and none of us are under any compulsion to give into demands here.

None of this justifies posting via duplicate accounts of course.