GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
yes.sir98
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Post by yes.sir98 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:38 pm

Mohit Ji,
Thank You very much for coming to this forum and addressing the community.

It's always better when there is a clear cut communication between the parties concerned.

I wish you and your company all the very best for the future.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:01 pm

Crazygunlover wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:07 pm
Dear Mohit ji, you have provided us with ample information but regarding your alliance with metal pistol series of model 1911 plz tell us something more about that ,because many indian licensee are interested in 1911 pistol ...if u give the idea about that pistol and including its price range so we can plan suitably for purchasing the above pistol on my gun license
@Crazygunlover - This indeed is another major news we have decided to break on the indiansforguns forum. The Rock Island Armory (Armscor) is our strategic partner for 1911 pistols in India. The agreements in this connection have already have been signed and you will see them soon in India on same schedule as Smith & Wesson planned deliveries.

We decided to bring 14 rounds high capacity 1911 in .45 ACP caliber both in 5 inch and 4.2 inch barrel size to cater to the requirements of full size and semi-compact size pistols. Regular 8 rounds capacity 1911s will be available too. We will also be coming with one model each in .32 ACP & 380 ACP calibers in metal series pistols. The striker fired polymer pistols will be shown at the right time, as it involves our patented designs and features which are too early to release right now.

1911s Pricing - I will reiterate that anything that costs more than 2 lacs should be extraordinary and I am sure we'll bring in regular and few extraordinary models too.
signed.jpg
Pictures from our agreement signing ceremony and persons include following in order (from left to right):
Bolo Tuason (Ex-president), Martin Tuason (President - RIA Armscor), Mohit Sharma (that's me right there), Sukhminder Singh (Director - Werywin Defence), Carlos M. Tuason (Member of the Board - RIA Armscor) & other team members.

All Rock Island Armory pistols in India will be backed with lifetime warranty and official warranty center. Werywin Defence is excited to offer all firearms in multiple models in partnership with world's top gun manufacturers to offer revolvers, pistols and shotguns as a bouquet of choice to Indian gun customers with varying needs.

Regards,
Mohit
Werywin Defence
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:16 pm

@timmy - Thanks for the insights, I know past few experiences with private firearms manufacturers weren't so pleasant but that is precisely the reason I'm here personally to keep the communication open and transparent. Are you based outside India? I hope it's a friendly country allowing imports from India.

@Dilip - Thanks for encouraging words.

Regards,
Mohit

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:30 am

mohshar wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:16 pm
@timmy - Thanks for the insights, I know past few experiences with private firearms manufacturers weren't so pleasant but that is precisely the reason I'm here personally to keep the communication open and transparent. Are you based outside India? I hope it's a friendly country allowing imports from India.
Mohit, no, I'm currently based in the USA (which my spelling gives away!). But as I've indicated in other posts, your connecting with Armscor in the Philippines is a good move, and Smith & Wesson is one of the USA's most vital firearms companies, with a sound footing in good firearms and a supporter of RKBA.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:48 am

Hi Mohit,

Glad to see a manufacturer taking time out and connecting with firearm enthusiasts. Wish you best of luck for all your efforts and hopefully Indians will be out of clutches of OFB soon. Can you also please advise on timelines of releases.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:23 am

Thank you Mr. Mohit for your initiative, this is very interesting! Will you be bringing in products in 40 s&w as well?

james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by james » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:58 pm

Great News. Hope, 4 inch barrel, Model 617 K frame, 22lr Revolver 10 shot is in list.
22lr being most common caliber in India.
James.

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:15 pm

@Timmy - Glad to hear that, you already have access to everything. I appreciate your contribution and support for RKBA in India, we stand by it too.

@kanwar76 - Thanks for the encouraging post. I posted earlier that pre-bookings will open this November through our website but fulfillment will be done through our authorized dealer network, expected timeline for deliveries is March 2023 in all likelihood.

@partheus - Thanks, we want to bring in more calibers including .40 S&W but ammo availability remains a challenge. It will become tedious to manage multiple calibers but we are trying our best to accommodate, provided their is demand.

@james - 4 Inch barrel will be difficult to conceal carry, that's why we have decided not to bring firearms models in India with more than 3 inch in barrel lengths for now, but we would consider depending upon demand. S&W makes so many excellent firearms, choosing is always difficult but we are just starting.

I was nervous to join the IFG at first but, the support is encouraging. RESPECT (y)

Best,
Mohit

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:56 pm

Welcome aboard mohshar. All the very best with your endeavor.

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:28 pm

Very very exciting news. However I will hold my horses and keep a close watch.

netwit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by netwit » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:42 pm

mohshar wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:49 pm
Greetings from Werywin Defence,

I am taking a courageous step by being the first Indian firearm manufacturer (I am sure yet, please help me confirm) onboard the indiaforguns forum. I decided to get onboard to provide as much information as time and situation allows without jeopardizing the corporate confidentiality policies. I noticed that most of the Indian gun manufacturers have decided to stay away from direct interaction with India's largest gun forum but I take it as an opportunity to discuss our plans for the Indian gun market and, are open to suggestions from member gunlovers. I request patience and mutual respect from fellow members while I try to answer everything I could.

A humble request though, please do not troll, make undue assumptions, or send hate emails/ PM because I could not answer something you were expecting, or you are an existing or potential competition. I promise I will accept suggestions and positive criticism with arms wide open, but attacks on brand image will force me to leave the forum, I hope you will understand.

Introduction: I am Mohit Sharma, Co-founder and Member of the Board for Werywin Defence, India. I come from a gun dealer business family background dating back to 40 years. Our manufacturing facility is currently under development at UP Defence Corridor - Aligarh Node and we are licensed to manufacture firearms and ammunition including handguns, automatic/semi automatic rifles for Army/LE and BL guns (including semi-automatic). We have been working for more than 2.5 years now to bring the latest firearms to India with strategic alliances and design/prototyping efforts. Our design team includes 4 engineers situated at our United States office who have work experiences with some of world's largest and reputed firearms brands to bring latest firearms to India.

Smith & Wesson Alliance : We signed definitive alliance agreements with Smith and Wesson, USA to bring the highly reputed S&W products to the India market. Werywin Defence and Smith & Wesson are excited about this strategic alliance and look forward to India as a long term market. We will not only be manufacturing the S&W product lines in India but will back them with S&W lifetime warranty with establishment of official S&W Warranty Station (India). I am glad to share that this warranty center will be second in Asia with only one currently operational at Australia. Werywin Smith & Wesson is committed to the India market with it's world class service at par with the United States and we assure prospective customers a wonderful experience.

Product Lines: Werywin Defence will bring in multiple type and models of firearms including striker fired polymer pistols, revolvers, metal pistols and shotguns. Time to market is critical and I want to emphasize that development of every model of firearms is years of design, tooling efforts and significant capital investments. We will rely extensively upon existing knowledge and experience of our strategic partners including Smith & Wesson to bring these models to India but a single size fits all alliance are hard to find, that's why we'll have multiple partners for different product lines.

Firearm Models: Smith and Wesson revolvers are slated for release with 4 models in .357 magnum including some of the most sought after 'Performance Center (PC)' models, I will provide model names in upcoming weeks but will include a rider that PC models are produced in limited numbers and availability will certainly be much lesser than regular models. Smith & Wesson stopped producing 0.32 S&W short/long revolvers in the United States about 15 years ago but I am glad that they were kind enough to accept our request to revive the 0.32 S&W revolvers line. The 0.32 S&W model will be 6 rounds and 1.875 inch in barrel which was pretty popular back in the days and, ammunition is widely available in India.

Polymer frame striker fired Pistols are currently in final stage of prototyping in both 9mm and 0.32 ACP caliber, believe me it was really difficult to make one in .32ACP because of inherent design limitations and less powerful caliber to cycle the firearm but we are past that now, the good news is that we had to reduce a lot of weight on the slides and the lightening cuts makes it look super mean in comparison to a 9mm.

We love metal pistols as much as everyone else and I see lot of customers looking to buy one, we could have gone with S&W for their 1911s but they were expensive for the Indian market so we signed a new strategic alliance to make the metal pistols in India. They will be available in .45ACP caliber and at least one each in .380 & 0.32 ACP. I would really have loved a 1911 in .32 ACP but there has been none so far, the closest we have is Colt 1903 hammerless in .32 ACP but that's not an actual 1911, we will take that up as a challenge and may come up something in future. Our strategic partners for metal pistols are world's biggest manufacturers of 1911s but I will save the details for future, although the strategic alliance agreements have been signed on that front and efforts are moving god speed. BL Shotguns will be available both in pump-action and semi-automatic and we'll pleasantly surprise fellow gunlovers when we disclose the models and specifications, there is certainly one unique semi-automatic BL shotgun in the store.

Pricing: I have heard everyone complaining about India gun prices but we have a good surprise for you there, I won't claim it will be as competitive as America (they sell like a million guns a month) but they will still be affordable. I won't dwell into exact pricing right now but, anything that costs more than 2 Lac rupees to an end customer must be really be an outstanding firearm. Our website is getting redesigned and pricing will be disclosed right before we start accepting pre-bookings. The complete process for pre-booking will be online in a fair and transparent manner but deliveries will be fulfilled by our authorized retailers across India, we do not intend to sell directly to the customer from factory as a matter of corporate policy.

More details to follow. We are committed to bring the firearms glory back to India.

Regards,
Mohit
Welcome Mohit, what are expected timelines of launching the products which your company is going to launch in India

farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:00 am

Focus on making ammunition buddy. Also
Reply to e mails after the eoi exercise. If any !
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

mendesgilbert
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mendesgilbert » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:22 pm

It's really heartening to see that Manufacturers like Mohit ji is interacting with the community. Hope our Government also understands that the market potential is huge but the road blockers are the Government themselves... All the best to Werwyn and Mohit Ji. Looking forward to S&W revolvers 🙏

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:46 pm

Greetings Mohit Sharma Ji ,
This is history in the making where an arms manufacturer wishes to know the opinion of gun community in a country like ours.
I must appreciate that it’s an initiative in the very right direction. I grew up in the farming community where I have seen many machines like tractors failing as word of consumer never reached the R&D teams. For example : Kirloskar (Deutz fahr ) had an intercooler in 1970s and was an air cooled engine in those days but had bad brakes. Nobody improved it and HMT5911 tractors (popularly associated with Sidhu Moosewala) have majority aftermarket fuel tanks fitted as the original hold less quantity of fuel and needs frequent fuel station trips.
Just an example how important it is for the manufacture to have feedback of consumer. Just look at Mahindra Scorpio and it’s improvement from day of its launch, has managed almost 20 years in Indian market.
There are members on the forum who are diehard gun enthusiasts and others who are experienced and technical and the minute detail they go into at times is microscopic. I am sure it will benefit the industry in one way or the other if the industry is mature enough to absorb the change where consumer voices it’s opinion.
Our heartiest wishes and regards and support in your endeavour.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:11 pm

I hope that the S&W weapons being manufactured in India under collaboration will be competitively priced even though not at the same prices as weapons in the US. Also manufactures like Mohitji must definitely push/influence/lobby for legislative changes for gun ownership in India. It is a simple formula, more the number of licences issued higher the guns sales.
Regards