GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: GREAT NEWS - SMITH & WESSON IS ALREADY IN INDIA !!!

Post by veeveeaar » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:36 pm

farhan.lateefi wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:00 am
Focus on making ammunition buddy. Also
Reply to e mails after the eoi exercise. If any !
Bro In India aluminium made weapons will not be welcome. Stick to steel, Go for .22 10 shot revolver and .32 of tried and tested designs. All other fancy calibers will no take off. This is my humble opinion.

For Advertising mail webmaster
farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:17 am

I said ammunition! Ammo
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

PRINCESIDHU007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by PRINCESIDHU007 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:11 am

ROTFL ROTFL :cheers:

rs123in
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by rs123in » Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:20 pm

Welcome Mr. Mohit. Pls do plan to launch Model 317 Air Light series or similar light weight guns. Thanks.

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:07 pm

farhan.lateefi wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:00 am
Focus on making ammunition buddy. Also
Reply to e mails after the eoi exercise. If any !
Dear farhan - We will bring in the ammunition of all the calibers we intend to sell in the Indian market. I am doing my best to reply to all the emails and threads on the forum.

Best,
Mohit

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:13 pm

Ajaaybeer wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:46 pm
Greetings Mohit Sharma Ji ,
This is history in the making where an arms manufacturer wishes to know the opinion of gun community in a country like ours.
I must appreciate that it’s an initiative in the very right direction. I grew up in the farming community where I have seen many machines like tractors failing as word of consumer never reached the R&D teams. For example : Kirloskar (Deutz fahr ) had an intercooler in 1970s and was an air cooled engine in those days but had bad brakes. Nobody improved it and HMT5911 tractors (popularly associated with Sidhu Moosewala) have majority aftermarket fuel tanks fitted as the original hold less quantity of fuel and needs frequent fuel station trips.
Just an example how important it is for the manufacture to have feedback of consumer. Just look at Mahindra Scorpio and it’s improvement from day of its launch, has managed almost 20 years in Indian market.
There are members on the forum who are diehard gun enthusiasts and others who are experienced and technical and the minute detail they go into at times is microscopic. I am sure it will benefit the industry in one way or the other if the industry is mature enough to absorb the change where consumer voices it’s opinion.
Our heartiest wishes and regards and support in your endeavour.
Dear Ajaaybeer - Thanks for the encouraging thoughts and as you rightly mentioned, we are continuously collecting user opinions and needs from the Indian gun community, while trying our best to be at the helm of the big leap desperately needed in the Indian gun market right now.

Best,
Mohit

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:18 pm

revolver wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:11 pm
I hope that the S&W weapons being manufactured in India under collaboration will be competitively priced even though not at the same prices as weapons in the US. Also manufactures like Mohitji must definitely push/influence/lobby for legislative changes for gun ownership in India. It is a simple formula, more the number of licences issued higher the guns sales.
Regards
We will be actively working for RKBA and communicate to the Government about urgent need for personal protection. Arms Rules, 2016 were in letter and spirit changed to ease the licensing procedures but unfortunately, nothing much have changed so far.

Best,
Mohit

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:39 pm

Thanks to @prabhath @Bowman @netwit @mendesgilbert for kind words and well wishes.

@rs123in - I wish we could bring 317AL and everything else S&W makes in the United States but there are limitations to the number of models depending upon the volume and consistent demand in the India market.

@veeveeaar: I noticed that choice of metals (Aluminum vs Carbon Steel/Stainless Steel) could be a matter of concern for gun owners but aluminum does not always mean a low quality firearms (I know how some of us hate the Erma Werke revolvers and problems attached with it) but, not all weapons are made equally.

All S&W air light series (specially for low powered cartridges) are still made with aluminum body to keep the weight low while cylinders and barrels are stainless steel. These air light weapons are known as high quality weapons with no problems whatsoever, plus they are backed by S&W lifetime warranty.

The most popular AR-15 rifle platform has lowers made of Billet (6061-T6) or forged (7075-T6) aluminum and millions of such rifles both in civilian and military applications are working just fine.

In fact, the aircraft body is made of aluminum alloy and we fly on it without any hesitation, my 2 cents over the choice of materials.

Best,
Mohit

asifalikhanasif
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by asifalikhanasif » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:05 pm

Dear Mohit Ji,

We are loving to have you here.
Please confirm, if you are coming with something like .357 SIG.
mohshar wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:15 pm

I was nervous to join the IFG at first but, the support is encouraging. RESPECT (y)

Best,
Mohit
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." - The God Father

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:07 pm

asifalikhanasif wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:05 pm
Dear Mohit Ji,

We are loving to have you here.
Please confirm, if you are coming with something like .357 SIG.
mohshar wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:15 pm

I was nervous to join the IFG at first but, the support is encouraging. RESPECT (y)

Best,
Mohit
Thanks Asif - I have mentioned it earlier and I'll reiterate, the problem with another caliber is ammunition availability. We could only consider another caliber depending upon volume and consistent demand.

Best,
Mohit

Operator
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Operator » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:45 am

Greetings Mohit ji , hope this message finds you and your family in good health .
Firstly I would like to welcome you and thank you for doing what you are doing and also a big big thumbs up for deciding to get into a dialogue with the forum members/soon to be customers on this forum .
It’s become a routine to open and check this website atleast 3-4 times a day to see if there are any new updates from you . I have to give it to you , the timeline and commitment and response you show is better than any manufacturer that we have seen till date in India .
God bless you and your family , keep up the good work
Thank you 🙏
Ranveer N Singh
mohshar wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:49 pm
Greetings from Werywin Defence,

I am taking a courageous step by being the first Indian firearm manufacturer (I am sure yet, please help me confirm) onboard the indiaforguns forum. I decided to get onboard to provide as much information as time and situation allows without jeopardizing the corporate confidentiality policies. I noticed that most of the Indian gun manufacturers have decided to stay away from direct interaction with India's largest gun forum but I take it as an opportunity to discuss our plans for the Indian gun market and, are open to suggestions from member gunlovers. I request patience and mutual respect from fellow members while I try to answer everything I could.

mohshar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mohshar » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:26 pm

@Ranveer - Compliments and encouragement keeps us going stronger. Thank you very much and I am sure we will outperform customer expectations.

Fellow IFG'ians,

We are getting closer to showcase the revolver models planned for the India market and I am very excited. IFG will be the first place where I will post that information.

Regards,
Mohit
Average response time for emergency services is 15 minutes, 357 Magnum has a response time of 1400 feet/second

Jr.
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Jr. » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:48 pm

Hi Mohit,
Greatly appreciate your calm and confidence.
You continue to tirelessly and promptly answer all queries.
Very excited about the launch of S&W Revolvers in India, they are legendary.

Regards,
Jr.

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:23 pm

Just a Quick One, has Smith & Wesson released any press note on Manufacturing in India? As in SMITH & WESSON coming to India, and setting up a plant??
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

vicky1730
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vicky1730 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 pm

Probably they cannot because this is Make in India so their Indian partner Werywin will do all the front end work. And that partner can have more than one foreign collaborator. It is the same with CMTPL for Glock, Vinvelli for CZ, and JINDAL for Taurus.