Decisions to make

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Decisions to make

Post by farhan.lateefi » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:41 pm

Saw the msd pistol yesterday and compared it with my Sk arms raptor pistol. And boy a full size 1911! It sure looks like well made, however I carry all the time the sheikh arms have me trouble but I tinkered with it so much that it works fine now but I still don’t trust it. I stay at a stud farm,very remote location and started feeling uncomfortable with the thoughts that what if it fails when the time comes … I practice enough but still have my doubts. The pistol or the .32 cal I don’t know which will fail me when the time comes.. but the full
Size 1911 and no proper holster for concealed carry is putting me off. I don’t mind the cost of the gun but the size is putting me off. If I apply for replacement I know I would rush and buy it .. the urdu word “bechain” discribes me best! Why can’t they make a sub compact 45?

Waiting for glock and the likes seems to be endless..
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

For Advertising mail webmaster
james
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Decisions to make

Post by james » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:37 am

Whatever pistol you keep is your choice. However, a workable pump action shotgun 12 is available in the Indian market at an affordable cost.
For farm or home defence, my choose is always a shotgun with a pistol or Revolver as a backup.
James.

farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:58 am

james wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:37 am
Whatever pistol you keep is your choice. However, a workable pump action shotgun 12 is available in the Indian market at an affordable cost.
For farm or home defence, my choose is always a shotgun with a pistol or Revolver as a backup.
James.
I have a baikal over and under Shot gun too. You can’t carry it around the property like a hand Gun. Inside the farm house yes that’s my go to gun.
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

ritamrudra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ritamrudra » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:54 pm

farhan.lateefi wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:41 pm
Saw the msd pistol yesterday and compared it with my Sk arms raptor pistol. And boy a full size 1911! It sure looks like well made, however I carry all the time the sheikh arms have me trouble but I tinkered with it so much that it works fine now but I still don’t trust it. I stay at a stud farm,very remote location and started feeling uncomfortable with the thoughts that what if it fails when the time comes … I practice enough but still have my doubts. The pistol or the .32 cal I don’t know which will fail me when the time comes.. but the full
Size 1911 and no proper holster for concealed carry is putting me off. I don’t mind the cost of the gun but the size is putting me off. If I apply for replacement I know I would rush and buy it .. the urdu word “bechain” discribes me best! Why can’t they make a sub compact 45?

Waiting for glock and the likes seems to be endless..
Seeing this post, the first thing that struck my mind is that in matters of self defence, one should carry the arm that he is most comfortable with. Self defence weapons should be as comfortable as the extension of your natural arm. Choose any weapon that you can use swiftly and to good effect.

However, in my opinion, I am not acquainted with shotguns much, so in my case, my go to weapon would be a good rifle, along with a good handgun for backup.

Regards, Ritam.