New pistol announced by Signet Arms

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

New pistol announced by Signet Arms

Post by Vineet » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:48 pm

After Raptor, Indian Webley, Malhotra Son’s and Crossfire, one more Indian co. announced their pistol today.

It’s by the owners of Rajput guns from Rewa (Madhya Pradesh)
Named Signet Arms, .32 bore, ten shot
CC1B5C59-84B4-4CD2-9616-A0660F3CAD01.jpeg
61147C8E-92BE-4BA3-A86C-5A13F96F962A.jpeg
More info at https://www.signetarms.co/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

For Advertising mail webmaster
marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: New pistol announced by Signet Arms

Post by marksman » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:58 pm

Not unlike 1903 Colt pocket Pistol. I quite like it.Hope they make it in royal blue and OD GREEN.

Marksman

revolver
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by revolver » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:43 pm

Looks promising.

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:03 pm

looks nice. good to have another player. thanks @Vineet ji for the update.

ravb063
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ravb063 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:22 pm

Thanks Mr Vaneet sharing this information. Mechanism looks like iof ones but look good. Hope as new handguns are coming to market wish they make ammunition too.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:11 am

Applying this to the automobile sector, it would be like various versions of the Ambassador and Fiat cars being made by multiple manufacturers and these being the only cars available in the market.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:12 pm

Wow we have a good competetion and choice. Hope this company comes out with the MRP.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:03 pm

I checked with people in the knowhow in Rewa. Signet has made some forgettable 12guage shotguns. This product hardly seems deserving of any credit or celebration.

ritamrudra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ritamrudra » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:24 pm

AgentDoubleS wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:03 pm
I checked with people in the knowhow in Rewa. Signet has made some forgettable 12guage shotguns. This product hardly seems deserving of any credit or celebration.
Irrespective of the quality of the product, the fact that more and more corporate bodies are venturing into the field of firearms manufacture is an encouraging sign for me....

cheers....

kanzakibullet
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kanzakibullet » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:36 pm

Yeah I agree. It would be even nicer if the government made some moves to further strengthen the domestic market.

EkManushya
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by EkManushya » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:27 pm

ritamrudra wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:24 pm
AgentDoubleS wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:03 pm
Irrespective of the quality of the product, the fact that more and more corporate bodies are venturing into the field of firearms manufacture is an encouraging sign for me....

cheers....
i too agree. i expect when some of them are producing npb pistols / revolvers, then the governments will be forced to relax and issue license properly

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:49 pm

1 question... Are .32 cartridges standard across all .32 bore pistols of any make or each .32 pistol has its own spec cartridge to be used. For eg. Can u use any .32 cartridge jn a colt 1903 acp or u need exact specific cartridge made for the exact model

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:29 am

32 Auto cartridges in particular and cartridges in general are supposed to be made according to standards. Generally,

SAAMI - Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute - are the standards used in the USA

CIP - Commission Internationale Permanente - are the standards used in Europe

I don't know what standards ammunition in India are made to meet. This is not a single case: I don't know whether Russia follows CIP standards either. Ammunition made in many nations may adhere to company or national standards, or military standards. Some standard must be laid down for the manufacturer to follow in making it, though, as part of the process.

SAAMI ammunition in the USA is made to SAAMI specifications, and this means that, when you pick up the box labelled "32 Auto" in the store, the manufacturer has to use the SAAMI standards in making the ammunition to use "32 Auto" on the label -- it's a copyright issue.

I think that CIP in Europe is similar, but can't comment on it.

The standards specify the dimensions of the case and bullet, the weight of the bullet, the dimensions of the loaded cartridge, and the pressures achieved when the cartridge is fired, measured by a specific method and/or instrument. For instance, it's my understanding that for CIP, the measurements are made with Etalon micrometers, which is a Swiss-made tool. (I have one, and wow, are they nicely made!)

Because there are different measurements of pressure, there's a lot of confusion about them and what the numbers mean. Some pressure is measured in "psi" (pounds per square inch) and some is measured in CUP (copper units of pressure), although lower pressure ammunition like shotgun shells are sometimes measured in LUP (lead units of pressure).

So, all of this is to say that you should be able to pick up a box of 32 Auto ammunition and use it in any gun stamped for use with 32 Auto.

But, there are variations between ammunition between different nations and between different manufacturers.

The kind of powder used and the actual loads can differ:

For instance, I have a bunch of Turkish 8x57 rifle ammo, and when I shoot it, it makes a huge roar and a big ball of flame exits the barrel. The recoil is greater than other ammo. This is clearly a hotter load, but I don't know what standards the Turks loaded the ammo to meet.

Some Czechoslovakian (from when there was a Czechoslovakia) 7.62 x 25 ammo was loaded for submachine gun use, and it is hotter than what's normally used in pistols.

There is variation in the materials used: I have some Albanian 7.62 x 54r ammo that has corroded cases, and some of the ammo doesn't fire right -- not quite squibs, but the ammo can barely hit the paper at 100 yards. Who knows what is in it, or what sort of brass was used to make the cases?

I get the impression, from what people have posted here, that the IOF ammunition is not always dimensionally the same, it doesn't always feed correctly, and that it doesn't always go "BANG" when the trigger is pulled. This would indicate sloppiness in keeping the product dimensionally true and some problem in the materials and methods used when making the primers.

As the saying goes, "trust but verify." If the box says 32 Auto, then try it in your gun. It should work, but it may not. Listen to other shooters who may have had experience with that brand of ammunition.

A gun can also play a part in this, especially semi-automatic pistols and their ability to feed ammunition reliably. Sometimes the design of the gun and the shape of internal surfaces make some guns reluctant to feed certain kinds of ammunition. The shape of the bullet comes into play here, as well -- and these shapes are not always easily detected by a quick look.

If the gun and ammo combination is to be used at the range, then the critical issue of fit and feed, as well as the reliability of the ammo to go "BANG" isn't as big of a deal. But if the gun and ammo are to be used in a personal defense situation, then testing the combination you use to carry becomes very important.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:22 am

SxS shotguns are being made by hundreds of pvt manufacturers (including signet) for decades , o/u for many many years. That has neither changed arms laws nor done anything to produce one single shotgun worth mentioning.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:19 am

AgentDoubleS wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:22 am
SxS shotguns are being made by hundreds of pvt manufacturers (including signet) for decades , o/u for many many years. That has neither changed arms laws nor done anything to produce one single shotgun worth mentioning.
If the same tired old designs are assembled in the same shoddy way and sold at similar inflated prices, having a different manufacturer's name on the box would not be something the poor guy looking for a safe and reliable arm with which to protect himself would burst with joy to buy, nor an earth shaking development for the target shooter to jump up and down over, in celebration of its arrival.

There ARE BETTER designs out there that have been around for over 100 years, and there are new developments taking place all the time. If something as complex as a car can be and has been improved with regard to capability and quality, why can't something much simpler, like a firearm?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman