Seizure of Glocks at Indo Pak border.

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Uttamjeet Singh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Seizure of Glocks at Indo Pak border.

Post by Uttamjeet Singh » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:43 am

I'm sure people are aware of the big problem of drones dropping arms, counterfeit currency and drugs across the Indo Pak border in Punjab. It has become a massive headache for the BSF and Punjab police and we are having only limited success in stopping these drones. Anyway my curiosity was piqued by a recent newspaper article which says that for the first time Glock pistols have been dropped by a drone, it's alleged that they are Turkey and Chinese make which is not surprising. What is surprising is that the article says that they are capable of firing a 30 round burst! Of course it's not impossible but they have to be select fire for that to happen and I have my doubts that they are. Burst mode of course is when the weapon can fire bursts of three rounds on each press of the trigger, Glocks do not have a burst fire option, they can only have semi or full auto or both as in the case of select fire Glocks like Glock 18 or 18C. Beretta M 93R has a burst option but Glocks do not, I don't know how the article can so confidently claim it can fire 30 round burst, just because it's a Glock doesn't make it full auto. Full auto Glocks are very very rare and for all intent and purposes useless except at point blank range. You will need to be a shooter of exceptional caliber to use a full auto Glock effectively. This seems to me to be case of police overhyping their find like they did in Moosewala case when they claimed that an AK AN 94 was used. I've attached the article's screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
yes.sir98
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Seizure of Glocks at Indo Pak border.

Post by yes.sir98 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:55 pm

I have seen the Punjab Police's Official Twitter handle claiming an AR 15 rifle to be an MP-4.

These guys call a rudimentary darra made clone of a makeshift Tommy gun as 'sophisticated gun'.

You're avg policeman and a print journalist aren't really adept with guns and their names.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Seizure of Glocks at Indo Pak border.

Post by Vineet » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:57 am

Uttamjeet Singh wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:43 am
I'm sure people are aware of the big problem of drones dropping arms, counterfeit currency and drugs across the Indo Pak border in Punjab. It has become a massive headache for the BSF and Punjab police and we are having only limited success in stopping these drones. Anyway my curiosity was piqued by a recent newspaper article which says that for the first time Glock pistols have been dropped by a drone, it's alleged that they are Turkey and Chinese make which is not surprising. What is surprising is that the article says that they are capable of firing a 30 round burst! Of course it's not impossible but they have to be select fire for that to happen and I have my doubts that they are. Burst mode of course is when the weapon can fire bursts of three rounds on each press of the trigger, Glocks do not have a burst fire option, they can only have semi or full auto or both as in the case of select fire Glocks like Glock 18 or 18C. Beretta M 93R has a burst option but Glocks do not, I don't know how the article can so confidently claim it can fire 30 round burst, just because it's a Glock doesn't make it full auto. Full auto Glocks are very very rare and for all intent and purposes useless except at point blank range. You will need to be a shooter of exceptional caliber to use a full auto Glock effectively. This seems to me to be case of police overhyping their find like they did in Moosewala case when they claimed that an AK AN 94 was used. I've attached the article's screenshot.
Firstly these Glocks are not originals. These are made in Pakistan.

Secondly it’s not a rocket science to convert a pistol from semi auto to full auto. Pakistani people have mastered it over time
https://youtube.com/shorts/BJEw3riNUnA?feature=share

Although these look good in the videos but because they are low quality, they don’t perform well in the long run.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.