Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Post Reply
ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:18 pm

Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by ashrafi1 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:07 pm

Dear All,

I have been granted a license under heirloom so that I can transfer my late father's Revolver .32 iof make.

Since this revolver is bulky and difficult for everyday carry,i prefer a pistol which is lighter and is easy to use,i have been told that I can sell the revolver and get a pistol.

My questions are:
1)If i sell the revolver and sought for a pistol it should not cause a cancellation of my license as i have got it to transfer my father's weapon?

2)Also if i do the above ,if in future they come up with a rule of cancellation of licences and as i have my father's Revolver being a heirloom there would be more chances for me to have the license .
Do you think it will help to keep my father's Revolver to keep my license safe?

Please advise.

Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
drshamsherrana
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Re: Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by drshamsherrana » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:41 pm

dear, congratulations for getting the license .
my humble advice is for time being keep and bare with the same revolver.
afterwards u can give reasons like problems in functioning of the revolver .and citing the said reason it can be sold.
and another weapon of your choice pistol or revolver can be taken .
unfortunately our system and babus are great souls.i have seen licenses bieng cancelled on arguments with authorities.
my best wishes .a very warm welcome in license holders community.
regards

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by Vineet » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:01 pm

There is no rule that says that we have to keep our heirloom weapon and can not change it.

Initially get the revolver registered on your license. After a month or so apply for permission to sell the revolver. Now since the DM/ ADM is giving you permission to sell the revolver so there is nothing wrong/ illegal in selling it. You will be selling it with their permission.

The new pistol will also be registered on your license with the consent of DM/ADM so it is simply legal.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

ashrafi1
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:18 pm

Re: Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by ashrafi1 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:37 am

Vineet wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:01 pm
There is no rule that says that we have to keep our heirloom weapon and can not change it.

Initially get the revolver registered on your license. After a month or so apply for permission to sell the revolver. Now since the DM/ ADM is giving you permission to sell the revolver so there is nothing wrong/ illegal in selling it. You will be selling it with their permission.

The new pistol will also be registered on your license with the consent of DM/ADM so it is simply legal.
Thank you for valuable suggestion.

Mr.Vineet is it possible i apply for a 2nd weapon (pistol) and retain the revolver as well?
Is the procedure to procure a 2nd weapon as cumbersome and tedious as to get a new license?

User avatar
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Punjab

Re: Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by Vineet » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:17 am

Yes, it’s possible to keep two weapons. Different procedures are followed at different places. At most places the procedure is difficult but not impossible so you must try.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

PrakalpSingh16
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:27 pm

Re: Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by PrakalpSingh16 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:01 pm

No law says that you can not change a transfered license weapon. Last year in November my maternal uncle got his. 32Acp mark 1 pistol through heirloom but it had several malfunction. So the Gun Dealer suggested for Walther Ppk and he got sale purchase permit within 15 days within 2 months of license bieng issued to him.

So u can definetly get a new weapon but u should wait for atleast 6 month before getting sale purchase permit as a number of pistols are sheduled to be launched nex year. So u can make a good choice and save lakhs. As it is a good imported pistol will not cost less than 4-5 lakh anywhere in India.

My father too is waiting to change is .32 Acp Mark1 pistol for obvious reasons.

With Regards ✌🏻✌🏻

User avatar
Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:31 pm

Re: Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by Mk621 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:36 pm

ashrafi1 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:07 pm
Dear All,

I have been granted a license under heirloom so that I can transfer my late father's Revolver .32 iof make.

Since this revolver is bulky and difficult for everyday carry,i prefer a pistol which is lighter and is easy to use,i have been told that I can sell the revolver and get a pistol.

My questions are:
1)If i sell the revolver and sought for a pistol it should not cause a cancellation of my license as i have got it to transfer my father's weapon?

2)Also if i do the above ,if in future they come up with a rule of cancellation of licences and as i have my father's Revolver being a heirloom there would be more chances for me to have the license .
Do you think it will help to keep my father's Revolver to keep my license safe?

Please advise.

Thanks
Hello

I saw another post from you dated Oct 17, 2022 where you were telling that local police station was not approving your application and I see now on 29 Dec 2022 that you are granted license on inhertance category. congratulations for getting it. can u pls also share how you got the approvals and what all process steps you took ahead till you were granted license. also pls tell which state/city you are in.

Also My advise to you for your revolver would be to keep it till you get a first renewal of the license. you can be questions at that time why you sold it. you may additionally aquire second weapon and endorse it. keep both till first renewal. after 1st renewal try to sell the older weapon.. . just my advise. take your own decision.
thanks.

syed3031
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Re: Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by syed3031 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Congratulations mate....i got my license this year as well...right now got a .32 arminius and planning to buy new weapon...my local dealer told me that since the weapon is under heirloom i can not sell it...now I am confused because it doesn't say this anywhere in the arms act...but I remember reading that you can not sell a newly acquired weapon for such nd such time period...Does this NEW world applies for heirloom category or not is confusion.

User avatar
Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:31 pm

Re: Licence granted under heirloom.Advice needed!

Post by Mk621 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:28 am

syed3031 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:49 pm
Congratulations mate....i got my license this year as well...right now got a .32 arminius and planning to buy new weapon...my local dealer told me that since the weapon is under heirloom i can not sell it...now I am confused because it doesn't say this anywhere in the arms act...but I remember reading that you can not sell a newly acquired weapon for such nd such time period...Does this NEW world applies for heirloom category or not is confusion.
Congrats Syed to you too for License. as far I understood from various channel is that if you have acquired a heirloom weapon which means - its there in your family from 2-3 generations - 30- 50-100 years old, and you requested to keep it with you on sentimental grounds or as a family asset and they have allowed it to keep it with you. ( but since a license is required to keep the weapon, you are given that. you are not really getting it for your self protection. you are not that category person, so if you sell it and buy another fancy weapon the whole intention to giving to license is wasted.. so they will question you that too..) but if you are got it on terms of self protection then you are free to change weapon.

in Rajasthan I have a relative who has been given a 100 year old weapon license although it comes under antique. department has no knowledge of how to make something called as antique and let it keep with a person ( not museum) so they gave him license for it.

pls do let me know where do you live/city/ state, i mean which authority you got it from. just for knowledge,
also did you got the same license number as of your father or a new number.

thanks
mk

Post Reply