Delhi Gun Licence

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
wingcosethi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Delhi Gun Licence

Post by wingcosethi » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:51 pm

The new smart card has been issued by the Delhi Police. I got the new card for my .38 S&W spl. The card lacks the important details that were on the old licence. The data missing is
1. Brand of weapon held
2. PB or NPB not mentioned on the smart card. (I have the .38 spl. the old licence mentions this clearly, the new smart card this info is missing.
3. Some individuals are exempted Fees. This is again not mentioned.
Rest of the data like area of Validity of th licence, address, date of renewal, Address, Photo etc are all on the smart card.

Vijay Sethi

For Advertising mail webmaster
Afaque
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Delhi Gun Licence

Post by Afaque » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:39 am

:wink: :wink: Uff buddy when are we going to catch up with America 🇺🇸 where there is a gun license given to everyone to protect themselves and their family. When are these smart cards going to make it.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:18 pm

Afaque wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:39 am
:wink: :wink: Uff buddy when are we going to catch up with America 🇺🇸 where there is a gun license given to everyone to protect themselves and their family. When are these smart cards going to make it.
It's not quite the paradise you imagine, depending on where one lives. Each state is different. Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and Maryland are especially bad. Chicago, Washington DC, and New York City have their own very restrictive laws. These places usually require a license or permit to own guns. New Jersey's registration (they don't call it that, but that's what it is) even requires police to register their guns with the local police, including their service weapons!

California is bad and Oregon just passed an extremely restrictive anti-gun bill. The Federal government cannot get most anti-gun bills through Congress, so the Administration makes its own restrictive rules, which seldom make any sense from a public safety perspective, but are intended to nibble or bite away the citizen's freedoms in big chunks or small, whatever is available.

The Supreme Court has made some pro-gun rulings lately, but states and cities turn around and pass new restrictive laws that must then be fought through the courts to get resolution and restore one's rights, and then the process starts all over again.

The anti-gun crowd is pretty much the same everywhere!

States that are more rural tend to be more respectful of the citizen's gun rights. But one cannot assume that this is so. Nebraska, for example, is very handgun adverse, and Colorado has passed restrictive laws lately. (This is because Colorado is California's colony.) New Mexico has restrictions, too, although not as bad as some other states. One needs to be aware of these differing laws when traveling, or some serious problems might result.

My own state is quite respectful of gun rights, one of the best, if not the best. No permit is needed to own or carry, concealed or openly. Contrary to the ideas of some, we don't live in anarchy or violence that anti-gun people predict. The majority here own guns and appreciate them.

I would wish that India would be respectful of citizen rights and human rights like some parts of the USA, but not like others, where there's not a very large difference.

I have lived in two of the worst states, and while there were good things about living in each of them, I did not feel free. I did not bring any handguns to those states when I lived there, but secured them in a large safety deposit box in another place -- the second time, for over five years.

I could never be completely happy in either of those places because of the negative gun environment and attitudes, and because they did not have Western USA attitudes about living. (California, Oregon, and Washington State are not Western states, they are West Coast states -- a big difference!) Believe me, every day I thank my Maker that I was blessed to come back West and live where I live. I wish that all my gun brothers and sisters everywhere could enjoy the same basic human rights, which include gun rights, that I enjoy.

Every nation must do this in its own way, but it must do it! Frederick Douglass, the famed former slave and abolitionist in the 19th Century, believed that for everyone to enjoy freedom and equality, each person needed to have the ability to access the "three boxes": The ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box -- those are the words he used. I believe that he was, and is, right.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Afaque
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Afaque » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:56 pm

My own state is quite respectful of gun rights, one of the best, if not the best. No permit is needed to own or carry, concealed or openly. Contrary to the ideas of some, we don't live in anarchy or violence that anti-gun people predict. The majority here own guns and appreciate them.
That's what I meant to say most places in America are such if not same.
And especially the variety of the guns that Americans own,it would take another 30 years for anyone in India to own such a variety.

And by the way you didn't say which state you are from ...I assume it must be somewhere around Texas.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:02 pm

wingcosethi wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:51 pm
The new smart card has been issued by the Delhi Police. I got the new card for my .38 S&W spl. The card lacks the important details that were on the old licence. The data missing is
1. Brand of weapon held
2. PB or NPB not mentioned on the smart card. (I have the .38 spl. the old licence mentions this clearly, the new smart card this info is missing.
Rest of the data like area of Validity of th licence, address, date of renewal, Address, Photo etc are all on the smart card.

Vijay Sethi
Now if you have to buy ammo, how will the dealer endorse it ?
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:23 pm

Vineet wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:02 pm
wingcosethi wrote:
1. Brand of weapon held

Vijay Sethi
Hi Vineet.

In delhi Ammo is entered into an online portal that available on delhi licensing website. this is important info for dealers of other states too. some delhi based licensees approach in Punjab,haryana, Raj to buy ammo. the dealers of these places should enter ammo sold to them at the online portal link at https://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/ammunition ( https://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in) .. there one needs to provide UIN, Licence No and mobile no ( for otp) of the buyer.

my only concern is how can a holder prove that he has bought x amout of ammo or not bought any ammo at any point of time if any discrepancy arises.

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:24 pm

Mk621 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:23 pm
Vineet wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:02 pm
wingcosethi wrote:
1. Brand of weapon held

Vijay Sethi
Hi Vineet.

In delhi Ammo is entered into an online portal that available on delhi licensing website. this is important info for dealers of other states too. some delhi based licensees approach in Punjab,haryana, Raj to buy ammo. the dealers of these places should enter ammo sold to them at the online portal link at https://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/ammunition ( https://www.delhipolicelicensing.gov.in) .. there one needs to provide UIN, Licence No and mobile no ( for otp) of the buyer.

my only concern is how can a holder prove that he has bought x amout of ammo or not bought any ammo at any point of time if any discrepancy arises.
Detailed Instructions can be found here -

https://delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/V2/ ... annual.pdf

varun_j
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by varun_j » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:55 pm

Mk621 wrote:
In detailed process you have provided it is mentioned that both licensee and dealer are verified using OTPs and a recipt will generate.
I think this will not let any discrepancy to be arise.

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:57 pm

varun_j wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:55 pm
Mk621 wrote:
In detailed process you have provided it is mentioned that both licensee and dealer are verified using OTPs and a recipt will generate.
I think this will not let any discrepancy to be arise.
Yeah mate, I was searching for my own answer and today I found this detailed pdf with screenshots.

dada_yuvraj_13
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dada_yuvraj_13 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:43 pm

Notification from Delhi police
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Wishes & Regards
Rajkumar Yuvraj Singh Dada (जाज्वल्य,छत्तीसगढ़)

dada_yuvraj_13
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dada_yuvraj_13 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:47 pm

This is very best thing on delhi police licensing authority for arms license smart card is best for no other documentary and no arms license book and the best is that all the arms dealer having full computer system ammunition quantity
Best Wishes & Regards
Rajkumar Yuvraj Singh Dada (जाज्वल्य,छत्तीसगढ़)

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Mon May 01, 2023 3:44 pm

@All

I have seen a option/service of -"Conversion of Weapon" on al most all states Licencing authority websites.. what does it mean by conversion of weapon

Regards
Mk