New arms license

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
nk4344
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

New arms license

Post by nk4344 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:16 am

Hello Everyone,
I have just received an arms license for self protection in Maharashtra State. It will be my first time buying a handgun. Please suggest if i should go for a revolver or a pistol? If i am willing to pay 3-4L can i get a imported revolver or a pistol? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks and Regards.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanzakibullet
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: New arms license

Post by kanzakibullet » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:06 pm

Congrats!

Can you please share your experience and the process you went through to get an arms license? It will be much appreciated. As for buying handguns, you can look into Malhotra Sons Defense Guardian pistol chambered in .45 ACP. It is based on John Browning's M1911.

Sincerely,
KanzakiBullet

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:26 pm

Go for a .32 pistol. If you can afford a foreign one great. The recoil is low and easy to control and the pistol is easier to conceal and carry. A .45 takes training and that means ammo which is very expensive. You can even buy a .32 revolver if you wish, small snubbies are easy to hide.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Deepraj patil1616
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Deepraj patil1616 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:29 pm

nk4344 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:16 am
Hello Everyone,
I have just received an arms license for self protection in Maharashtra State. It will be my first time buying a handgun. Please suggest if i should go for a revolver or a pistol? If i am willing to pay 3-4L can i get a imported revolver or a pistol? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks and Regards.
I am also from Maharashtra, kolhapur. How did you got your liscence. Can you share process.

nk4344
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nk4344 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:06 pm

First of all take the arms form from collector/DM office fill it and submit it. From there the form will go the SP office and the SP office will forward it to you concerned police station. Police station will send you an letter to produce required documents and PI will take an interview. Afterward the application will be forwarded to DYSP if he wishes he will take an interview. After positive report from both it will be forwarded to SP office, there Home DYSP will approve and then it will be forwarded to SP. The final police inquiry report will be signed by SP who will also interview you. The SP will give the Positive or negative remark and send it to Collector Office/DM office. In 99.9% cases if the report is negative collector will reject it and application will be closed. If the report is positive collector will take your interview and final decision will be made by him. It took me 1 and half year for the entire process. You will also need positive certificates from govt medical hospital where they take whole body medical fitness test which takes around 7-8 days. You will need a shooting certificate from authorised academy as well.

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:23 pm

nk4344 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:06 pm
First of all take the arms form from collector/DM office fill it and submit it. From there the form will go the SP office and the SP office will forward it to you concerned police station. Police station will send you an letter to produce required documents and PI will take an interview. Afterward the application will be forwarded to DYSP if he wishes he will take an interview. After positive report from both it will be forwarded to SP office, there Home DYSP will approve and then it will be forwarded to SP. The final police inquiry report will be signed by SP who will also interview you. The SP will give the Positive or negative remark and send it to Collector Office/DM office. In 99.9% cases if the report is negative collector will reject it and application will be closed. If the report is positive collector will take your interview and final decision will be made by him. It took me 1 and half year for the entire process. You will also need positive certificates from govt medical hospital where they take whole body medical fitness test which takes around 7-8 days. You will need a shooting certificate from authorised academy as well.
Thanks for feedback.
Can u also tell what questions were asked to you by various officers. and also by final intv taking DM. thanks

Aminprl@
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aminprl@ » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:01 pm

Hi everyone!
It is happy to share that i got my arms license after 11 months of applying. Even i used to visit every office 3-4 days per week for every NOC and all. The problem is that the file is going via indian post. 90 days a myth for arms license. I am the few people in my district who are getting license in less days(means its takes 5-6 years even more) without having money and political influence. Now going to apply for a second weapon can anyone help me for suggestion which is better handguns? Revolver or pistol in low price ? I mean iof .

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:22 pm

Aminprl@ wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:01 pm
can anyone help me for suggestion which is better handguns? Revolver or pistol in low price ? I mean iof .
If you are new to firearms then I would suggest a revolver as its simple to operate. Go for second hand mark 1 or 2. In brand new you can go for Nishank. These have leaf spring in the grips making the trigger pull easy.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Aminprl@
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aminprl@ » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:22 pm

Thanks for reply sir

Mk621
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mk621 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:46 pm

/how much time it took u to get the liscence? and in which city

Aminprl@
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Aminprl@ » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:38 pm

11 months... Not city, i am from village. West bengal, purulia dist

Som23
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Som23 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:52 pm

Aminprl@ wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:38 pm
11 months... Not city, i am from village. West bengal, purulia dist
Hi Amrin! That's really awesome to hear. I'm from WB too looking to get a arms license. Joined our local rifle club but yet not too sure how much practical help that would be. I would love to connect with you to get to know about the process you went through.