Purchase of Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Ashok raju
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Purchase of Pistol

Post by Ashok raju » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:28 pm

Here is the world Statics data says about guns per person.....
Screenshot_2023-06-01-15-20-36-78_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb~2.jpg
Continue:
Screenshot_2023-06-01-15-20-54-92_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:42 pm

--------UPDATE ON ASTR-----------

The company has released an unboxing video of the ASTR ATAL .32X pistol on their youtube. The video covers description of some features and hands on review of the pistol.
here's the link of the video

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:53 pm

Seems like a well made pistol. Has all the features of a modern striker-fired pistol. Hope it lives up to the promise.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:07 pm

rahulbdelhi wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:53 pm
Seems like a well made pistol. Has all the features of a modern striker-fired pistol. Hope it lives up to the promise.
1) Manual safety would have been a cherry on the icing.
2) Slide release would've added more usability
3) Introduction of accessories like (red dot) (laser) (suppressor) etc would revolutionized the Indian gun market.

All in all great effort, I myself have booked the ASTR ATAL .32, but it would been the top pick if the 3 mentioned
points were to be fulfilled as they are already making laser etc for the 9mm government variant, might as well make it available for civilians.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:49 pm

Pratipalsinh Jadeja wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:07 pm

Ofcourse it has a slide release lever. It’s more commonly known as slide stopper or do you mean to say something else.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:29 am

Vineet wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:49 pm

Ofcourse it has a slide release lever. It’s more commonly known as slide stopper or do you mean to say something else.
A proper one, the one we have it in Malhotrasons Champion, where you dont end up hurting thumb, Also in the video of shooting of Astr, the shooter is not using the slide catch so I questioned about the usability, a proper one or bigger one wouldve added to the usabilty.
But again there are preferences

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:55 am

Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:29 am
Vineet wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:49 pm

A proper one, the one we have it in Malhotrasons Champion, where you dont end up hurting thumb, Also in the video of shooting of Astr, the shooter is not using the slide catch so I questioned about the usability, a proper one or bigger one wouldve added to the usabilty.
Indeed, there are preferences, and your citation of the Malhotrasons Defence Champion illustrates your point very well.

The Champion, unlike its stable mate, the Guardian 1911, resembles a custom version of the 1911. It has the extended slide release and the extended safety. These are widely available for 1911s in many configurations, including for the safety, ambidextrous models that work with both right and left hands.

Malhotrasons Defence Champion

Malhotrasons Defence Guardian 191

(Here, I'll pause to note that, if a person wants a left hand safety, these can be obtained, or if a person wants a right hand safety, those are likewise available in a number of versions. The only reason I can think of that a person would want an ambidextrous safety is so that they can brandish a pair of 1911s, one in each hand, simultaneously. I'm sure that there would be more people thinking that they need the ambidextrous safety then there are people who can master a 1911 with both hands :-))

the fact that there are many aftermarket slide releases and safeties available for 1911s illustrates you point:
Your point also agrees with my experience, since I don't care for any of these extended safeties or slide releases. The original ones on my 1911 work with my thumb just fine.

However, regarding your response to Vineet:
I questioned about the usability, a proper one or bigger one wouldve added to the usabilty.
I beg to differ. You didn't question either the usability or size of the slide release, you said:

The slide release IS present, and your comment noted its supposed absence.

BTW, have you tried the pistol's slide release, or are you judging the matter from what you see in the video?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:59 am

Hi Timmy,
In haste of writing a reply/extra information and a GOOD bad habit to empty the knowledge of guns resulted in writing the sentence wrongly. I meant to say "MORE THOUGHT" on slide release would've added to usability and did not elaborate on the same, I am a Journalist and own 2 news media houses (@Rajkotmirrornews) so I am always writing multiple articles and skipping from one document to another, Hence the confusion

and yes, My brother has a 1911 and a SMALL HAND, hence he cannot use the slide release on the guardian while actually holding the gun with one hand. On CHAMPION the reachability to the release/slide stop is near if handling with one hand, But again it is nitpicking as not everyone's needs can be fulfilled in a product made for the mass, same applies to ATAL 32.

No I haven't tried the slide release of the ATAL, as it is not yet in the market and I have booked one on my personal license. Once I buy it in some 20-30 days as promised by the team ASTR DEFENCE you can come down to Gujarat and we'll fire the weapon together. :)

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:58 pm

Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:59 am
Once I buy it in some 20-30 days as promised by the team ASTR DEFENCE you can come down to Gujarat and we'll fire the weapon together. :)
Now this sounds like it would be a fun time and a great way to spend an afternoon!!! :-)
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:40 pm

Its been, 22 days of my booking of Atal .32, The company is hopeful to start delivery with some PAN India dealers coming July '23

The company will be entertaining dealers who have portrayed interest in being a dealer. So Lets hope My pistol would be the first in whole of Gujarat State...

UDAYANJADHAV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by UDAYANJADHAV » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:22 pm

Good to know. Please keep us updated and share your experience when you get it.

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:16 pm

Spoke with my local gun dealer. Says this is the only model that they're hopeful of which will make it to the shops after the Malhotra Defense pistols. Will I be correct in assuming the Atal is basically a Glock clone? Certainly seems like a G19 from the little I managed to gather.

Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:00 pm

partheus wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:16 pm
Will I be correct in assuming the Atal is basically a Glock clone? Certainly seems like a G19 from the little I managed to gather.
To give you a precise idea Just GOOGLE " IWI MASADA 9mm ",
In my opinion the ATAL's 9mm PB bore which it designed for the military and government might be "inspired" or "derived" from the IWI MASADA which is a tactical striker fired pistol, I personally admire Israel when it comes to defence, intelligence and Counter Terrorism.

The later .32 ACP variant might have inspirations from the same model as it clicks your mind the moment you see google images of the MASADA 9mm vis a vis ATAL 9X19. A lot of people might not be familiar with the name MASADA, so here's me letting all the information which were stuck in nook and corners of my mind.

The IWI stands for "Israel weapon Industries" and the MASADA is a short recoil action striker fired semi automatic polymer pistol which was designed in around 2016/17 if (I'm not wrong) for military, It has had history in US too.

I was once writing an article on MARCOS, INDIA'S naval commando who are world renowned special force wherein 80% candidates fail to even pass the physical tasks. MARCOS are marine commandos who are amongst the best of the best commandos in the world due to their covert operations and endurance (GOOGLE if you want to know more). Back to the point MARCOS are also said to use the MASADA pistol developed by ISRAEL.

RamMani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by RamMani » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:28 pm

pkaran wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:29 am
Hi,

I would have preferred a Glock failing which a Smith & Wesson. However, because I was placed exactly in a position as you, I had to select the third one in order of preference and chose the Ashani Mark –III which I consider to be the best among the rest of the lot. Read the reviews of this model on Youtube. It has a decent look, finish and performance. Note that it is a .32 bore pistol and NOT meant for target practice but for personal protection. Hence, it will not give you the accuracy expected of a .22 revolver. The only negative I find in it is that it does not have a decocker which can be found in the later versions of foreign models. My 10 shot Ashani MK-III was fully loaded when I wanted to take a few shots at the rifle club. After a few shots, I decided to finish off but the magazine would not eject because a bullet was still in the chamber. Since it is unsafe to carry a weapon in cocked position, I had to empty the entire magazine. Experts recommend that one should not go for a pistol without a decocker. I do not know whether a Glock has a decocker. Ashani MK-III may be available with Hatia at Surat. Take a close look at it and you might like it. If you should buy it from other States or directly from the manufacturer, you need to have a buying permission from your licensing authority and a transport permit from the State you choose to buy from, unless your licence has a national validity. Buying from IOF Cossipore, the manufacturer, would be cheaper by Rs 50,000 or thereabout! When you pay the full amount at one single go, IOF will place you on priority list. Besides, they will see the expiry date of your licence and you can get the delivery preponed. Liaise with them to facilitate an early delivery. Good luck!
How to book a Pistol from IOF web, I tried but there is no forms available and not able to register for a user to book.
I sent mail to marketing division with License copy but no reply from them.

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:41 pm

Last time I checked forms were available, if you book your pistol from IOF then once it is allotted to you will have to physically go and take possession of your pistol.