What NPB CZ, TT, Makarov can be found

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

What NPB CZ, TT, Makarov can be found

Post by nagarifle » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Hi can anyone tell me what Cal NPB CZ, TT, Makarov are in the market, location etc as i am looking at buying one.

i am looking at NPB cz,tt and Makarov pistols, would be greatful for any input.

thanks

nagarifle

For Advertising mail webmaster
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: what NPB CZ,TT,Makrova can be found

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:48 pm

nagarifle";p="35743 wrote:Hi can anyone tell me what Cal NPB CZ, TT, Makorva are in the market, location etc as i am looking at buying one.

i am looking at NPB cz,tt and Makorva pistols, would be greatful for any input.

thanks

nagarifle
Hi Naga,

The TT is, in it's original state, 7.62mmx25mm(.30) - A Non-Service ammunition, thus, NPB.

The Makarov is usually in 9mmX18mmMakarov - Again a non service round so its NPB. Dimensions and specifications are similar to the 9mmKurtz but not exactly interchangable. Ammo will be very hard to come by in India. I'm told .22 versions as well as .380ACP(9mmKurtz) have been made but haven't seen one.

As regards Cz- there are all too many compact models, most being in .380ACP again NPB. One instance would be the Cz83.

In an Indian context, the TT in its Chinese incarnation (M20) is fairly common. Some one told me 7.63mmMauser round can be used but puts the pistol to tremendous strain.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
cc

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:49 pm

The original TT-33 is chambered for the 7.62x25mm Tokarev cartridge which is NPB. However there are versions manufactured by other countries in the 9x19mm calibre which is a PB calibre (most notably China & Hungary).

The Makarov uses the 9x18mm Makarov cartridge which is again NPB.

CZ makes several pistols in different calibres, including .32 ACP (CZ 83 IIRC). They'd be NPB/ PB depending on the calibre in question...

I'd recommend the CZ in .32 ACP over the other two - as ammo is more widely available.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:51 pm

:lol: CC you beat me to the draw! ;)

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:00 pm

mundaire";p="35750 wrote::lol: CC you beat me to the draw! ;)
Ha!!

Reading each others thoughts or what? :shock:

Wrote almost the same thing! :)

Checked out some seized Norinco's in 9mmPara, I think it was marked M21 or was it M20E....One specimen was apparently a target version. Had some kind better sights, safetycatch, finer trigger linkage and grooved plastic grips made to resemble walnut grain. UGLY thing but the finish (Mirror blue) was good though.

I'd go by your recommendation ton the Cz , if available. Or else the next thing is the M20...or eestar pistol as some call it.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: what NPB CZ,TT,Makrova can be found

Post by Risala » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:08 pm

The CZ 83 is expensive,saw one a couple of months ago,it went for 8 L.

The Tokarev if available could be picked up for a lot lesser,ammo is available in Delhi quite easily.

Also going around are a Beretta Mod 70 for around 6 L,Llama's quite a few of them for any where bet 4 and 6,a Colt for around 3.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:42 pm

cottage cheese";p="35753 wrote:Ha!!

Reading each others thoughts or what? :shock:

Wrote almost the same thing! :)
;) BTW - how goes the project?

Sanjay";p="35757 wrote:The CZ 83 is expensive,saw one a couple of months ago,it went for 8 L.

The Tokarev if available could be picked up for a lot lesser,ammo is available in Delhi quite easily.

Also going around are a Beretta Mod 70 for around 6 L,Llama's quite a few of them for any where bet 4 and 6,a Colt for around 3.
8 Lacs for a CZ 83!! :shock: One of my maternal uncle's picked up one in pristine condition (circa 2003-4) for 1.5 lacs...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:52 pm

;) BTW - how goes the project?
;)

Still waiting for that silly motor to be repaired. If not I'll have to spend money and get that thing made elsewhere :(

:)

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:24 pm

mundaire";p="35760 wrote:8 Lacs for a CZ 83!! :shock: One of my maternal uncle's picked up one in pristine condition (circa 2003-4) for 1.5 lacs...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Am :shock: too,this came in a 12 + 1 config,was NIB,the same in Beretta goes for around 10 L +

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:43 pm

Am :shock: too,this came in a 12 + 1 config,was NIB,the same in Beretta goes for around 10 L +
Phew...! 10L!...no doubt heard of even costlier ones, but man... the whole affair is becoming criminal!

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:11 pm

10L for baretta!!!!!!!!!!,,,gud time to invest in guns,rather than Gold.. bought mine 3 years back for 2.5 lakhs.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:29 am

thanks to all

i would want to go for cz more then breatta as i used to use cz75 and hold it in high esteem.

any idea where to shop for CZ83 and m20.?

is not m20 PB? since we have many (freedom fighters using it) ?

9x18mm Makarov has anyone came acorss one?

for 10 lacs i will have to sell my right eye and atleast one good kidney. :( :(

nagarifle

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:18 am

nagarifle";p="35828 wrote:thanks to all

i would want to go for cz more then breatta as i used to use cz75 and hold it in high esteem.

any idea where to shop for CZ83 and m20.?

is not m20 PB? since we have many (freedom fighters using it) ?

9x18mm Makarov has anyone came acorss one?

for 10 lacs i will have to sell my right eye and atleast one good kidney. :( :(

nagarifle
Hi Naga,

The Cz75 is a superb piece as you described. the Cz83, while a little 'uglier', is built to the same standards and has a similar mechanism. Good choice- not that Berettas are poor by any standards!

As per law, a PB is simply a bore/ammunition that which is in Government service- Service issue. The M20, in spite of its proliferation with hostiles, is in the eyes of the law, simply an NPB(Naan Prahibeetd Bor Peestal). Its fairly common with many dealers. The problem will be with finding one that was not acquired via murky dealings ;)

Somewhat annoyingly, PBs, though supposedly an ammunition affair, is also extended to all semi-automatic firearms other than pistols. Thus very strictly speaking, semi-auto .22 rifles and shotguns are also PB!! That of course, doesn't mean there are none ;)... lets say they should call it 'restricted bores'- because thats just it- They are still issued often, sometimes due to genuine reasons and often due to ignorance or rapacity on the part of the licensing authority.

As I know, Makarov's are a rarity in the Indian market primarily because of the odd ammo. The funny thing is here in the NE, lots of M59s(Chinese Makarov clones) are in use with the various underground outfits- many have been seized and readily available for officers, babus and netas, at the malkhanas. Most remain because of ammo issues.

10Ls?...I remember someone had pipped the top ranking at 13L(!) sometime back... as I recall, it was for an un-extraordinary pistol. Might as well sell your entire family to slavery as well :)
Last edited by cottage cheese on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:54 am

badshah0522";p="35776 wrote:10L for baretta!!!!!!!!!!,,,gud time to invest in guns,rather than Gold.. bought mine 3 years back for 2.5 lakhs.
Let me clarify,not all CZ's or Berettas command high prices,it's the CZ 83 and the Beretta 81 series which come with double stack mags that hold 13 rounds,these will go for anywhere above 8.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:15 pm

i think ur are right C-C, for 10L i would have to sell my family plus mother in law (if wife allows). :( :(

at the moment for me CZ 83 seems to be on the list. :D shame about the Makarov ammo being hard to find. :cry: :cry: :cry:

will have to look hard at the TT even the chink one. the only problem i feel that may be for me, is that living in this part of the country with its problems, M20 may cause looooootss of raised eye brows from the boys in kakhi. :cry: :cry: :cry: 8)

any idea to which dealer may have one goood CZ 83 laying around?
ta mate

Sanjay

am i right in thinking that the price is hi as 8L+ becouse of 13rnd double stack?

if there is double stack mag then to my logic there must be a single stack mag. so if the price is based on double stack mag then the price of single stack mag should be little less (will sell the mother in law, will that cover the cost?) :oops: :evil:

nagarifle