New pics of my 1911A1

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

New pics of my 1911A1

Post by amk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:08 pm

Finally I got the Alumagrips for my 1911, check them out. There are also the pearce grips finger groove extensions in these pics. Do you like the contrasting look of black-ish pistol against the aluminum grips?

Also check out my new Blackhawk CQC leather IWB holster. I'm loving it as I can wear it strong side or crossdraw and at any angle due to the rotating loop.

For Advertising mail webmaster
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: New pics of my 1911A1

Post by OverUnderPump » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Congrats AMK, sleek and smart looking piece you got there !

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Happy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Happy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:24 pm

Hey AMK,
Thats a beautiful pistol you have.
Regards
Happy

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:44 pm

Stallone used an ivory grip in a movie of his (Cobra). Ever since, the contrast color of sleek dark metal against shiny light grip has been one of my favourites :)
Looks great :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Great looking pistol AMK... next stop a beaver tail grip safety and bobbed hammer... maybe Novak sights? ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:23 pm

Good show-Yup, Novak sights may be a good idea.How does the IWB fit? had to buy trousers a couple inches extra? ;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Great looking gun and I am sure it fires the same way as well.

Congrats man!

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:11 am

AMK
A beauty,is the bluing original or has it it been given a make over.
Best
S

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:32 am

Beautiful.

I'll have to search through the forums to understand the process of acquiring a PB license in India (if that is at all possible), and then make my father get something like this. tee hee.

Again, beautiful.

Congratulations.

-Naren

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:24 am

hi naren :) its highly difficult to get a PB license in india.the easiest way to get it is under heirloom category.the gun should be possesed for a period of atleast 21 years before transfer to a legal heir.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:46 pm

Smashing job there AMK!..where did u source the grips from? Have u seen the new Isreali Fobus holsters for the 1911 series?....
Take care!

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:03 pm

TenX";p="39747 wrote: Stallone used an ivory grip in a movie of his (Cobra). Ever since, the contrast color of sleek dark metal against shiny light grip has been one of my favourites :)
Looks great :)
Ivory on Blued guns would look superb but mine is parkerized, I don't think ivory would look great on it.
mundaire";p="39752 wrote: Great looking pistol AMK... next stop a beaver tail grip safety and bobbed hammer... maybe Novak sights? ;)
I'd love a beavertail and bobbed hammer plus a skeleton match trigger but these parts are not easy drop ins (though often claimed otherwise). And I'm not sure who in Mumbai could do a good job working on the 1911 internals. Any recommendations?

I got a set of Meprolight night sights and was about to get them fixed when I misplaced the front sight, I'm now waiting for someone to bring me back just the front sight to complete my set.

The Novak's look great but I've read they need serious machining if your slide is equipped for the regular dovetails, I think the USGI ones are staked so fitting in the regular dovetails or Novak would be the same amount of machining; what are your thoughts? If the effort and machining is the same should I get the Novaks?
eljefe";p="39755 wrote: Good show-Yup, Novak sights may be a good idea.How does the IWB fit? had to buy trousers a couple inches extra? ;)
Many if not most of my pants are an inch or so looser anyway, so this IWB feels great. I've already got a Phoenix dual position Galco OWB holster which I probably will put up for sale.
HydNawab";p="39759 wrote: Great looking gun and I am sure it fires the same way as well.
It fires really tight groups though on my last range trip it was a little off due to copper fouling I think. I've now given it a good scrub with Breakfree CLP.
Sanjay";p="39769 wrote: AMK
A beauty,is the bluing original or has it it been given a make over.
It's not Blued, it is the original USGI parkerized finish.
Hunter";p="39810 wrote: Smashing job there AMK!..where did u source the grips from? Have u seen the new Isreali Fobus holsters for the 1911 series?....
Take care!
I ordered the grips off Brownells though you can get them and different colours in the same finish off the Alumagrips site, you can even ask them to laser etch a customised logo or initials on the grips. The only problem is they won't ship to India.

I have the Fobus C21, it is very nice and convenient too but once you've tried IWB you can't go back to OWB. I still carry my Fobus occasionally but it's becoming less and less with each passing day.

Cheers, AMK

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:48 pm

indian";p="39778 wrote: hi naren :) its highly difficult to get a PB license in india.the easiest way to get it is under heirloom category.the gun should be possesed for a period of atleast 21 years before transfer to a legal heir.
Unless you are in the Federal Republic of Mumbai where a .45 ACP mysteriously becomes a NPB.

Is open carrying of firearms allowed in Mumbai ?

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Yes it is allowed here; in fact it is encouraged.

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:28 am

Congrats AMK