Need Some Advice to buy New Handgun

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:20 pm

Dgun,
Safe recovery-what were you trying? a cut away? or did you roman candle?I've done a few Halo's too.
In the end, you try out the individual piece, see what the first gut feel is and go for it-Thats the last word-what works for you...In the passing, do remember,CCW, carry weapon means you need it there eveytime and where you cant pray and spray ( I hope you never!) as Godzilla says, Size matters !
best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dgun
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dgun » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:39 am

Hi friends

I am leaning towards Glock 23, I am 5"4 tall so I am not big guy & after comparing Sig & Glock , I think Carrying Glock is more Easy then SIG. Also Glock is as good as sig (I think 60% of US law Enforcement Personnel Carry Glocks)

I also think me being in Houston (Close to Sea, Gulf of Mexico) Rust is Another Issue (Not Sure about that)

BTW I am Newbie (Armature) in this gun things, &
Still learning ABCD of this

I always wanted HANDGUN, & it was my Dream to Own a Handgun, that is the reason I am planning to buy gun (not to mention that my other friend are total CHIKENS & they are not with me on this GUNS THINGS).

I have this friend of mine, whose friend owns a security Company, he is willing to take me to the open range & Help me try different Guns.

Eljefe, regarding my Shoulder Injury, I was adjusting my Harness (i felt it was to Tight) & i simply pull my parachute too hard to stop rapid Descent & that?s when i dislocated My Shoulder

thanks all of you
Dgun