first pistolrecommendations

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:50 am

Mehul

Here is the breakdown, finally went to Shooting range in Manhattan, yes we have one in a basement. They had Ruger Mk III Hunter, reg Ruger and Hammerli Trailside standard edition for $650! :shock: . MKIII fekt evry balanced bit its a monster of a barrel but was very balanced. Little better than trailside. Issue is why should I pay premium of $300 on CDNN rates? Called CDNN they dont ship anything to NY resident.
There is one other shop who has a bucksmark, I will check them out. another one offered SIg Mosquito.

Trailside is out due to cost (but if I add FFL cost ect to CDNN rates it comes to $500 approx) SW revolver looks more tempting it was listed in a magazine for $650 where as Trailside was $400.

This federal check is a call to FBI and 72 hrs means that once I purchase a gun within that time period it has to be inspected by NYPD and then added to my lic. They are only open 2 hours a day for conducting this kind of inspection. Add to this restriction gun comes from my home and goes back directly to home...

Get of NYC maybe?

Appreciate any advise, 22 is not a favourite weapon in the city and collection is very limited within NYC.

Thanks
Navdeep

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:29 pm

What is difference between .22 LR and .22 magnum, can a revolver for .22 magnum also fire .22 LR?

Navdeep

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:22 pm

Navdeep,

I know what the Federal background check is. I was wondering about the "weapon check" that you talked about. I have bought guns in both states where I have lived and in neither state was there a "weapon check" of any sort. After the Federal check and the waiting period I was free to take my guns home.

Pick whatever you find comfortable to shoot. In the end that is what would make the biggest difference - your own personal comfort.

BTW Yes, you can safely fire 22 lr ammunition in a 22 WMR revolver though doing this regularly could lead to chamber erosion.

Cheers,

Mehul

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:57 am

Mehul

I am also leaning towards SW revolver.. I hope I heard the price right. Its when the guy was showinbg me that I realized the plastic card I had was an old id and not my pistol lic..I just blanked out.
I will follow up with SW on Monday and get it over with

Thanks
Navdeep

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Just go for the Ruger MK III Hunter

Post by HSharief » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:49 pm

Navdeep, Don't sweat too much. I strongly suggest you go with the Ruger. You've shot it, you felt good, it looks good, there's lots of support online for it. You can find so many aftermarket accesories for it. Load clips in no time with loaders, mount scopes easily. Lots of grips to choose from. If you want a shooter, go with the Ruger. You can go for variations later.

You've gone thru a lot of trouble so make sure your purchase is most rewarding.

Here are some sites on the Ruger Mark II/III, you'll prolly get more by googling.

http://www.markii.org/
http://www.1bad69.com/ruger/index.htm

Also, I think $400 is a good price. Spend the money above $400 on ammo, range time and targets (re-tape).

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:46 am

Sharief

All these dealers in NYC are putting a premium on .22 Handguns since its a niche market. SW revolver is actually for $500 plus and I am heeding your advise and going for Ruger.
There is one dealer who has been very upfront its a haul but shall drive down there in Long Island
Again appreciate Mehul, Naren and your assistance in all this...

Thanks
Navdeep

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:00 am

Due to expiring purchase period, logistics and dealer issues.. I had to settle for Browning Mark Plus .22 pistol.. Link below
http://www.browning.com/products/catalo ... ype_id=396

Thanks for all the advise

Navdeep

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:18 am

Congratulations Navdeep,

Have fun shooting it,

Naren

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:49 am

Nothing wrong with the Buckmarks.

Cherish it and have fun.

Heartiest congratulations.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:46 am

Great Looking Pistol,

Lucky Man..Have fun with it .. :)

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:59 am

Good show, buddy,
Have fun and keep us posted.
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:59 pm

Navdeep,

The Buckmarks are nice. IIRC weren;t they made for FN by Beretta? Does the receiver say that they were made in Italy or in Belgium?

Congratulations and do let us know how she shoots.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:32 am

Navdeep, I have heard nothing but good things about the Buckmark. I'm sure you'll have fun with it. They say every 22 likes its own ammo. Try to find the one that fits this one. Start with the least expensive stuff and work your way up. Try some metal targets for good feedback, maybe some auto-resetting targets, them are a lot of fun to shoot.

Congrats once again and enjoy the Buckmark.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:43 am

Thanks uou all.. I will be breaking the pistol in soon and Sharieg you are correct regarding the ammo.. any recommendations ?

Regards
Navdeep