Walther P99 in .380?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Walther CP99 Co2 Air Pistol

Post by cottage cheese » Tue May 13, 2008 8:22 am

saahil";p="43705 wrote:hi all
as per my assumption the guy must have taken his .380 walther ppk overseas for a repairing job.there he might have purchased walther p99 converted it into .380 and got it back.because as i can see in my license the intelligent babus dont even know the diffence between a pistol and revolver and in small town they are even not aware of npb's and pb calibers,and they only mention the company name and not the model in license.im not sure of it but i have heard many people talkin about it and if im wrong then plz excuse me
take care
...only thing is this doesn't explain several P99's from the same folks...not to mention a Glock in 380 Right Badshah?)
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

For Advertising mail webmaster
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:47 am

cottage cheese";p="43691 wrote: [ Hey Badshah!

So finally here are the pics eh? Thanks for sharing.

As we once discussed on PM, they could be possible local cobble jobs.

deleted and re-stamped caliber mark(.380) below the ejection slot. Also the finish is not the usual Walther stuff. Looks painted. Is the frame polymer plastic or metal?- If metal (Zinc alloy) its probably a big batch of converted blank-firers were dealing with.

Regards,
CC
Thanks CC.These picuture are not old ones,,it is from the fresh batch.
You are correct ,the marking .380 is done later with very poor finish,the slide is been painted to hide 9mm engraving over it.But i am sure they are not blank firer,but a conversion .
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Tue May 13, 2008 9:48 am

Indian

The .22 Mag is a NPB rifle but because its a semi auto, its a prohibited action.So, this rifle is a NPB calibre but prohibited action.

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Tue May 13, 2008 11:15 am

i do agree that .22mag is NPB.but,why are prohibited actions being sold and used as non prohibited guns???for example,even 30-06 is NPB but a semi auto is prohibited.pure ignorance.......

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 am

I agree with you.The problem is that most officers are not aware of the laws that prevail in India.If you can manage the Superintendent of the Arms section in your local DCP office, anything is possible.

I have personally seen how some officers inspect the weapons.Suprisingly, some dont even see the weapon.They just ask the writer to see it and get it endorsed and the officer just signs it.

You can get almost anything endorsed in small towns.Just about a year back there was a major controversy created by the DCP in Hyd that the 9mm short or the .380 was a PB and he refused to inspect the weapon and had asked that the weapon be deposited immediately.His argument was that how cana civilian have a 9mm pistol.When the person tried to persuade the DCP that it was a 9mm short and is a NPB bore, he just ignored his argument and said that I cannot let you endorse a 9mm pistol. I quote "Its a 9mm pistol, let it be a 9mm short or 9mm parabellum, its a 9mm.Thats it."

After about a month, he finally had to endorse it.

Now what do you have to say about that?
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Tue May 13, 2008 11:40 am

u have caught my point ashar :) it all depends on the authorities.i have personal experience with a CI of police who asked for a license for an IHP air rifle when i and my uncle were plinking together :) :) :) he couldnt understand what an airgun was.finally, my uncle has shown him the sales reeipt which clearly stated that the airgun does not need a license :) it was election time and he wanted to know why we didnt deposit the RIFLE :D :D :D

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue May 13, 2008 12:57 pm

To avoid confusion always register it as a .380 and not as 9 mm short/ 9mm Kurz or Corto.
The Lic branch in Delhi is very well organised,it has a ISO 9002 certification,list of all the PB & NPB fire arms is put up.

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Tue May 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Sanjay

Where can I find the list of PB and NPB handguns list?

Ashar

-- Al Capone

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri May 30, 2008 1:55 pm

HydNawab";p="43740 wrote: Sanjay

Where can I find the list of PB and NPB handguns list?

Ashar
A list of PB calibres is under the Legal section of the "Knowledge base" here, everything else is automatically NPB.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Firestarter
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Walther P99 in .380?

Post by Firestarter » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Hello All,
There is an Armory in Bangalore selling a Walther CP99 Co2 Pistol, he is quoting 45k but in the US the gun is priced at 170$-200$.
Please can someone help me in finalizing the best price for this gun.
Regards,
Fire.

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:27 pm

hi firestarter
members here,are disscussing about a firearm. so this is not the appropriate section for a disscussion on a co2 pistol. post your query on air guns section you will get reasonable answers.btw its a sellers market,you can do only one thing,take the offer or reject it. but 45k is a bit too high. you can get this kinda gun somewhere between 30-35k.take care.

sgokul2006
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sgokul2006 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:10 pm

whats its exact cost bro?

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:40 pm

P99 in .380 does not add up... something is not right here
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

Imranpayak
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Imranpayak » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:01 am

Badshah do you have a walther p22 or a ppks brand new one.i

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:31 am

:(
Last edited by casual shooter on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.