Dhoni's dream of owning 9mm pistol coming true

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
yash3_great

Dhoni's dream of owning 9mm pistol coming true

Post by yash3_great » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Team India captain M S Dhoni has crossed one more hurdle seeking to own the prized 9mm pistol as his application for a license reached the Jharkhand home department from the commissioner's office, which had last week referred it back to the deputy commissioner's office asking for a character certificate of the iconic player.

The secretary in the commissioner's office, Vandana Kullu, on Wednesday confirmed that the application had been forwarded to the home department.

On November 13, deputy commissioner Rajiv Arun Ekka had returned the application back to the commissioner after a fabourable recommendation.

While forwarding his application on Tuesday to the home department, the commissioner's office wrote that Dhoni need not produce a 'character certificate' as he is a famous cricketer and hails from Ranchi.

However, Dhoni has to wait for some more time before the gun landed in his eager hand as the state home department will forward his application to the Union Home Ministry for a final approval, mandatory in the case of obtaining licence for a prohibited gun, he said.

In the meantime, Dhoni's collection of collectibles has grown. Only on Tuesday, he added an old motorcycle Yamaha RD 360, gifted by his relatives in Ujjain, to his formidable list of possessions, which included an array of dogs, bikes and designer clothes.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/nov/19d ... g-true.htm

For Advertising mail webmaster
yash3_great

Re: Dhoni's dream of owning 9mm pistol coming true

Post by yash3_great » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:37 pm

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:03 pm

any can guess which gun he is using. my first guess when I saw the article in the newspaper in the morning.... was IHP 35, but then i saw a small suppressor or muzzle brake in front of the front sight... now i do not know??

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Dhoni's dream of owning 9mm pistol coming true

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:03 pm

yash3_great";p="60465 wrote:Practicing at his Ranchi home:

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/ ... =HTML&GZ=T
Hey thats an air rifle and looks like something local :).

-inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:06 pm

maybe its his childhood air rifle... check out the duct tapes on the gun...

he seriously needs to read our "Airgun Import Experiences" section.. every trip he can accumulate an arsenal of air rifles!!!!!
klick klack..... diskaon

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Damn lucky guy...
diskaon";p="60477 wrote: ...he seriously needs to read our "Airgun Import Experiences" section.. every trip he can accumulate an arsenal of air rifles!!!!!
.. Maybe he already has an arsenal, and what is in the pic is just the tip of the ice berg :)

kanwar76";p="60475 wrote: ...Hey thats an air rifle and looks like something local :). ..
Sure does look like one :)
... But its got a sling too, and some sort of an extension from the foresight onwards. It definitely is a break barrel, but could very well be an imported one.... :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Its time to invite dhoni to IFG :-)
cheers
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:15 pm

I actually did ... thru his website 'contact' link... but guess there will be a few million mails for mine to be noticed :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:46 am

I guess so.. lets make a trip to ranchi and make him take a test.. if he can shoot 5 tins at 15 mts we'll "let him join" IFG.. hehehe.. sinister plan to challenge him to join ..
klick klack..... diskaon