.38 Webbley& Scott, Mk IV

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 pm

LOL, t'was a joke!

But seriously, getting a normal NPB license in itself is a PITA, I dread to think what hoops one has to jump over to get a PB license.

We can only live in hope that this rubbish will be done away with sooner rather than later.

AK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Abhijeet, this is just a humble request; could you please put up a list on the PB and NPB firearms in the different areas of India? Since you are the one most knowledgeable in this subject, we can rightfully expect you to enlighten us.
The clash of honor calls -
To stand, when others fall.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:52 pm

rottlord, i am hardly the authority on this topic, that honour goes to penpusher! Anyhow, there is no regional bias in the arms act, the rules are uniform throughout the union of India. A post with ref. to PB/ NPB calibres is already available under the 'knowledge base' section here...
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 pm

amk";p="64262 wrote:I dread to think what hoops one has to jump over to get a PB license.
I expect to be repeating those acrobatics very soon, wish me luck! :(

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:21 pm

mundaire";p="64282 wrote:
amk";p="64262 wrote:I dread to think what hoops one has to jump over to get a PB license.
I expect to be repeating those acrobatics very soon, wish me luck! :(

Cheers!
Abhijeet
LUCK!!!

I would've thought it would be like a standard license, once you get it and further renewals are routine procedures?

AMK
AMK
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:32 pm

amk";p="64320 wrote: LUCK!!!

I would've thought it would be like a standard license, once you get it and further renewals are routine procedures?

AMK
It's issued by MHA with an initial validity of 1 year, subsequent to which it is renewed by your local licensing authority, which will first assign you a new license no. (different from the lic. no. that MHA had assigned) and renew it for 3 years. This is done as a matter of course, as are all subsequent renewals.

What I meant was I'll now be applying for a fresh PB license, as in for another firearm - but more on that at a later date.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:36 pm

mundaire";p="64321 wrote:
amk";p="64320 wrote: LUCK!!!

AMK
It's issued by MHA with an initial validity of 1 year, subsequent to which it is renewed by your local licensing authority, which will first assign you a new license no. (different from the lic. no. that MHA had assigned) and renew it for 3 years. This is done as a matter of course, as are all subsequent renewals.

What I meant was I'll now be applying for a fresh PB license, as in for another firearm - but more on that at a later date.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
You're one cheeky customer eh :twisted: Do share with us when you're ready what this other firearm is.

AMK