S&W's new Night Guard revolver line

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

S&W's new Night Guard revolver line

Post by Rottmeister » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:50 pm

An excerpt from the article:

Own the night: S&W's new Night Guard revolver line is just the ticket for personal protection.

By Paul Scarlata

[img=left]http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_han ... 0901-A.jpg[/img]
When it comes to carry guns, I'm a firm believer that "light makes right" because any handgun that is carried for self-defense is going to be toted around a lot more than it is ever going to be fired. For these reasons, one of my regular carry guns is a 1960s vintage S&W Model 12 AirWeight--a K-frame alloy revolver that weighs a mere 18 ounces but holds six rounds of .38 Special ammunition.
Read the full article at: http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_han ... index.html
Last edited by Rottmeister on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The clash of honor calls -
To stand, when others fall.

For Advertising mail webmaster
phantom
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by phantom » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:20 pm

hello Rottlord at first i would like to wish you n all of ifg members a very happy new year.....!!!!!!!!and then i am gonna ask you question coz i feel like you r the best person to know my answer...there 6 to 7 arms dealer in west bengal like nc daw n co,ac coondo&co,east india.....etc bt none of them have desirable revolvers in their kitty like the likes of S&W,remington or that of the colts and what ever they have they r asking insane prices for that...so my ques is can you suggest me a good dealer in west bengal from where i can find the likes of S&W or the remington or colt...for reasonable pricess look i know this fact that imported guns r now prohibited for alomost 2 decades bt some shops still claim they have in store of these products i just want to know that....

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: S&W's new Night Guard revolver line

Post by indian » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:19 am

phantom,

imported guns are not prohibited but import is strictly restricted to renowned shots or persons coming back to india on a TR.Dealers do stock colts and S&Ws which are mostly the pre-86 ones and its the same case with shotguns and rifles.regarding the prices,the insanity continues and it varies from dealer to dealer.

cheers :)

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:23 am

Phantom,

The insane prices prevail all over India and not just in WB. Dealers want to make really good money when they come across a well maintained firearm. When it comes to imported firearms though pretty older ones, the demand is much higher than the supply. The only way you can hope to get a good well maintained imported firearm for a reasonable price is if you are damn lucky and come across someone really close to you willing to sell you the firearm for a reasonable price. All the best.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:53 am

RottLord";p="63354 wrote: one of my regular carry guns is a 1960s vintage S&W Model 12 AirWeight--a K-frame alloy revolver
You really carry a K frame that also a .38spl ?? :? How ? ( if I may ask) :mrgreen:

RP.

I am editing my earlier post. Your post is misguiding Rottlord . After going through the link given by you I realised that you have just copied/pasted that stuff . You yourself DO NOT carry any firearm as you have given readers to understand.

Sir, will it be possible for you to get a little realistic?

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:56 pm

For those who prefer reading with their eyes closed:

I MENTIONED : PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL ARTICLE.

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:01 pm

And I never claimed that I wrote the article. I thought IFG-ans enjoy reading about the different and the latest types of firearms and love receiving what people around the globe has to say about possessing one; hence, it's my meager effort to bring insightful articles under their notice. But this is India, where people are more inclined towards criticising things rather than enjoying them.

So far, so good...no more.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:35 pm

RottLord";p="63423 wrote: For those who prefer reading with their eyes closed:
We both know it is not possible.

I am not going to waste my time arguing with you.

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:09 pm

RottLord";p="63354 wrote: [img=left]http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/ For these reasons, one of my regular carry guns is a 1960s vintage S&W Model 12 AirWeight--a K-frame alloy revolver that weighs a mere 18 ounces but holds six rounds of .38 Special ammunition.[/align]

Read the full article at: http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_han ... index.html
But you do claim to carry a alloy frame 38 special...please clarify what you meant. Keeping the readers entertained is very well but what you have written isn't clear.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Guys, this just proves one thing: No one bothered to click on the link I provided with the article. I do not have a .38 because my license is still due and as far as I know, a .38 is a PB in West Bengal. I just quoted the author; a look into the chief source of the article would have answered all your queries.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:58 pm

The .38 Special is NPB, it is the .38 S&W aka .38/200 which is classified as PB and no these two cartridges are not interchangeable. The PB/ NPB classification is uniform throughout the Union of India, at least on paper...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein